Root Seller Seeds

• Thread starter altitudefarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I was given a pack of beans; professional packaging, good looking seeds. They are from Root Seller; anybody heard of these guys? They placed at the Cup in Denver in a joint project with Colorado Alternative Medicine. The cross I have is Tangerine Haze x Paki Chitral Kush.
My dilemma is whether to pop em or pass em on. I still have a ton of my own beans to pick through.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Stick with your own. Getting placed in the Cup is like winning a scratch off. Big fuckin deal... There are so many breeders, all of us with Cup winning phenos somewhere in our batches of seed. Keep picking through you own.....that's why I follow your threads. Colorado breeds fire, pun intended... :)

C

CBGB

I do understand their points I love running my own stock I make sure to throw some in every time I germinate seeds. But don't sleep on those their are some excellent TGH in Co theirs even some high cbd tgh id run them. Sounds like it could be a really good pck hybrid. Which are coveted in any circle.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

At the end of the day, if you've started with a wide genetic base and have been creating your own hybrids to suit your taste, I wouldn't be swayed by the latest cup entry unless its offering very hard to find genetics, IMO.

RandyPickles

RandyPickles

In other words its always fun running someone else's hard work, but after you've got a seed bank full of your own creations, there's certainly an argument to be made for both keeping fresh genetics in your garden as well as pheno hunting your hybrids that you know no one else in the world has looking for that special "One" :)

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Great replies, guys. I have decided I'm going to continue sorting through my seeds, but I will be germinating these for a buddy to grow out. He has the room and the interest. I will create a thread when the time is right, so we can all see what's crackin with this cross. If there's some special gear in there, you can bet it'll make its way back to me :-)
Thanks for all the advice, people!!!!

Thachrizzy

Thachrizzy

I was given a pack of beans; professional packaging, good looking seeds. They are from Root Seller; anybody heard of these guys? They placed at the Cup in Denver in a joint project with Colorado Alternative Medicine. The cross I have is Tangerine Haze x Paki Chitral Kush.
My dilemma is whether to pop em or pass em on. I still have a ton of my own beans to pick through.

Pop those beans brother. I know the fire RootSeller brings. His collection of rare elites is legendary. Now he is bringing that fire to the masses thru his seeds. DO NOT PASS THEM ON...Trust me.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Pop those beans brother. I know the fire RootSeller brings. His collection of rare elites is legendary. Now he is bringing that fire to the masses thru his seeds. DO NOT PASS THEM ON...Trust me.
Got pics or a link to any grow journals? Thanks.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Stick with your own. Getting placed in the Cup is like winning a scratch off. Big fuckin deal... There are so many breeders, all of us with Cup winning phenos somewhere in our batches of seed. Keep picking through you own.....that's why I follow your threads. Colorado breeds fire, pun intended... :)
Are u even aware of what effort it takes to win a cup? Respect ?

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Wowiewoowoo. Let us hold back on the stones, huh @Medusa? We all know you know someone who won a cup. I admire your work, as well as his. But... we also all know that most cups are bought and sold. Let's not derail @altitudefarmer's thread. Maybe a PM is in order, if you feel so strongly about it. Positive vibes...

Edit to add: @Thachrizzy definitely knows his shizzy. Tell Lem I am rocking his Blueberry Bc1 right about now and much love from the DirtE, if you speak with him. I hope you don't mind my dialogue with Thachrizzy, Altitudefarmer.

~nugzz

Last edited:
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
@stanknugzz77 just stating a fact . not the one that said it ! No further comment in order I just recently understood what it takes and I know all the money in the world is not what it takes nor do I have the devotion or time it takes Apologies to @MtGrownCanna and. @altitudefarmer for my thoughts and rash post. M

Last edited:
homebrew420

homebrew420

Are u even aware of what effort it takes to win a cup? Respect ?
Yep an accidental intersexed bag seed. That literally took no effect to create. Or cash and swag. That's my take. We DO have cup winning phenos within our genetic libary. Thats a fact. Just dont have the swag and wont spend the cash.

@altitudefarmer I think I too have made that hybrid. Range haze can impart a higher cbd ratio in progeny. This is from experince and other reporting similar result using different males as well.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have decided to test RootSeller's beans, although it may be at a buddy's spot. I will post a journal as soon as the beans are wet. Thanks for the comments and advice, everyone. I agree with all of you; there are some who work hard and take the time to really work their gear for Cup competitions, there are some who get lucky on bag seed, and then there's Arjan. ANY competition in the world that requires "judging" is going to be full of controversy and/or corruption.
I inadvertently made a 'promise' when I was given the seeds to show the results to the community, so I'm going to honor that promise.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

@altitudefarmer I will be looking forward to the show, brother! @Medusa You are always a standup gal. I just know how threads can quickly get off track. Nothing but love from me. @homebrew420 I have followed your work for a long time and you guys definitely hold some fire. I just need to get my hands burnt ;) Positive vibes...

~nugzz

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

@stanknugzz77 just stating a fact . not the one that said it ! No further comment in order I just recently understood what it takes and I know all the money in the world is not what it takes nor do I have the devotion or time it takes Apologies to @MtGrownCanna and. @altitudefarmer for my thoughts and rash post. M

No biggy sister.. We all have our own opinions and respect to all of those who share them. The strains in the 80s and 90s winning cups were most impressive because there weren't that many breeders out there. AK-47 is still winning awards. Now, with so many of us breeding and entering into cups, no handful of judges can say what a cup winning strain is. If you used the same 50 strains in the cup and had 20 seperate judging panels, I'd be willing to bet there would be several different #1 strains in every category. That was my point, not so much the effort it takes to get to the cup..

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
No biggy sister.. We all have our own opinions and respect to all of those who share them. The strains in the 80s and 90s winning cups were most impressive because there weren't that many breeders out there. AK-47 is still winning awards. Now, with so many of us breeding and entering into cups, no handful of judges can say what a cup winning strain is. If you used the same 50 strains in the cup and had 20 seperate judging panels, I'd be willing to bet there would be several different #1 strains in every category. That was my point, not so much the effort it takes to get to the cup..
Agree , at the mecca one of the judges said didn't even vote for the winning ..to each their own ! M

VERMONTSKUNKS

VERMONTSKUNKS

Eastcoast green mountain hillbilly, throwing down 25 tang haze x med man from the colorado area, have a thread thats started. Lets see just how sexy she can get! Oh and many thanks to whomever made it available! Part of the solution in this thang of ours not the problem! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Can you answer?

Yes I can!

But what would be the answer to the an--swer then??

Tange Haze cross could be the answer. You should try to get a clone of the Tange Haze from Denver...no crossing required! FIRE!!! How are things in Vermont? Is the scene growing?

@NaturalTherapy - you have and pics of that floating around on here??

Latest posts

Top Bottom