Rootbound?-newbie

• Thread starter Pete34
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pete34

Rootbound newbie
Hey everyone. My first attempt at transplanting. Are these roots good to go? Too many roots? Loosen them??

Thank you!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Welcome to, The Farm!
Looks good! Make a cut diagonally on the bottom with a razor knife. And a couple on the sides from top to bottom. That will allow the roots to gro and flourish.

P

Pete34

Welcome to, The Farm!
Looks good! Make a cut diagonally on the bottom with a razor knife. And a couple on the sides from top to bottom. That will allow the roots to gro and flourish.
Awesome!! Thank you for the welcome and advice!

Cheers!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have never cut the roots and they still fill the pot densely. I have heard it helps when a plant is truly root bound.

Those roots are ready cause they are circling the outside but just a tip. A better dry cycle between waterings will force the roots to search out more for moisture and nutrients. They will fill more space in the pot before transplant.

Not watering too soon has more than doubled my yield from my first year grows. It is definitely because of the fuller root ball.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just transplanted this one tonight. You can see the side branching and tons of little feeder roots. Also the naturally occurring myco. You could see it in person better. It’s ocean forest so no inoculation. Just natural it grows when conditions are right.

919B0F42 1D79 41B6 A315 A6D4C7B34D43

Difference is subtle but quite effective.

P

Pete34

I have never cut the roots and they still fill the pot densely. I have heard it helps when a plant is truly root bound.

Those roots are ready cause they are circling the outside but just a tip. A better dry cycle between waterings will force the roots to search out more for moisture and nutrients. They will fill more space in the pot before transplant.

Not watering too soon has more than doubled my yield from my first year grows. It is definitely because of the fuller root ball.

Very good info. Thank you

Top Bottom