Roots Dwc

• Thread starter King Ally
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
King Ally

King Ally

my plants are now 24days old from germination it is my first ever grow & would like feedback on how my roots look as I'm not expect also using straight tap water...

Roots dwc
Roots dwc 2
Roots dwc 3
Roots dwc 4
FennarioMike

FennarioMike

Are you using any sort of disinfectant? I'd stay away from adding ANY beneficials or organics, and use a hypochlorous acid based disinfectant like UC Roots or Clear Rez and keep adding it every 2 days like clockwork. Unfortunately, I gained some valuable experience from these issues.

Yes, it's possible to use bennies in DWC, but it's not easy. I wouldn't recommend it until you really have the hang of everything else. It's a precarious balance between o2, water, temp, nutes and pathogens. If you aren't chilling your solution then DEFINITELY maintain a constant disinfectant level.

29% or 35% H2O2 is good as a treatment but not as a disinfectant because it is so easily reacted and converted to H2O and O2 leaving no residual disinfectant. H2O2 also is very reactive and easily burns skin and mixed too strong or spilled, it can do a lot of damage to the plants and roots.

Your roots are looking good - and so often in DWC, the first few weeks go well - then root rot... It's probably the most common cause of DWC failure. Use the disinfectant BEFORE an issue happens (if you aren't already that is...). Often, once it hits it either too late to recover, or it's cost prohibitive for the time it takes.

fatawa

fatawa

What kind of nutes?yur roots look alright but if u would of kept water levels higher longer they wud of been fuller.u do wanna drop water level as that and water temps=root rot.n ive grown dwc for 10+ yrs now n ive never disenfectd anything..i use synthetics..just wash stone,airline thats in solution,and bucket weekly..basicaly dnt b a scrub.ha.the key is having a great pump..i use 60gph in 4gal of solution...i have 300gal pumps n flower rm(4outlet).just keep tons of air going,and cold water u wont hav root issues

fatawa

fatawa

I should say those black 5gal buckets r notorious for getting hot if u hav hid lights.i did one run with those n jumpd ship to grey 18gal storage totes..never lookd back.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

What kind of nutes?yur roots look alright but if u would of kept water levels higher longer they wud of been fuller.u do wanna drop water level as that and water temps=root rot.n ive grown dwc for 10+ yrs now n ive never disenfectd anything..i use synthetics..just wash stone,airline thats in solution,and bucket weekly..basicaly dnt b a scrub.ha.the key is having a great pump..i use 60gph in 4gal of solution...i have 300gal pumps n flower rm(4outlet).just keep tons of air going,and cold water u wont hav root issues

There's no right or wrong way with regard to fluid levels. Under Current recommends leaving the level at 2" ABOVE the base of the netpot for the duration of the grow. In my opinion, an air gap serves no purpose. The roots in that air zone will be more functional when suspended in fluid - which will also keep them rinsed and keep pathogens from colonizing. After massive root issues, I now do it like they recommend and here's what they look like. With the higher fluid levels, they will continue developing lateral roots. The theory that you need to drop the level so the roots will stretch is utter misinformation. They're BATHED in fluid - they will just keep growing - believe me...

IMG 1234

IMG 1243

IMG 1258

fatawa

fatawa

If u giv it the space it will b like tree roots n root rot is harder to get

fatawa

fatawa

20170421 144828
Idk bout wrong way.this is the safeway tho..my plants only 3wks from dropping roots.ha

fatawa

fatawa

Actually yur pics proved what i said.if u keep the water levels higher...longer...they will b fuller....lmao.n yur pics prove that stupid..c if u can change those words around.

King Ally

King Ally

I'm using fox farm the whole set what's your opinion on them ?

King Ally

King Ally

Are you using any sort of disinfectant? I'd stay away from adding ANY beneficials or organics, and use a hypochlorous acid based disinfectant like UC Roots or Clear Rez and keep adding it every 2 days like clockwork. Unfortunately, I gained some valuable experience from these issues.

Yes, it's possible to use bennies in DWC, but it's not easy. I wouldn't recommend it until you really have the hang of everything else. It's a precarious balance between o2, water, temp, nutes and pathogens. If you aren't chilling your solution then DEFINITELY maintain a constant disinfectant level.

29% or 35% H2O2 is good as a treatment but not as a disinfectant because it is so easily reacted and converted to H2O and O2 leaving no residual disinfectant. H2O2 also is very reactive and easily burns skin and mixed too strong or spilled, it can do a lot of damage to the plants and roots.

Your roots are looking good - and so often in DWC, the first few weeks go well - then root rot... It's probably the most common cause of DWC failure. Use the disinfectant BEFORE an issue happens (if you aren't already that is...). Often, once it hits it either too late to recover, or it's cost prohibitive for the time it takes.
I've been using voodoo juice I had come across clear Rez but was only gonna use for flushing ?? & ive got h202 but only 9% Lool So don't use it

fatawa

fatawa

I'm using fox farm the whole set what's your opinion on them ?
dont kno nothing bout it.i use techna flora"recipe for success"hav my own schedule..basicaly for each strain,they tell u what they want.

Woaaah definetly gonna raise my levels how high should it be & it's got a lot bigger since that pic I'll update tomorrow
if it was me id b 1/4" below netcup.tickle some more roots outta her then drop levels.after i drop levels i just feed what they will drink n a wk that way every wk im not dealing with full 18gal totes.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

Actually yur pics proved what i said.if u keep the water levels higher...longer...they will b fuller....lmao.n yur pics prove that stupid..c if u can change those words around.

Internet trolls like you that jump all over someone with a different opinion than you - and call them names for it - what's wrong in your life that you have the need to do that? You feel more powerful now?

I was offering some real advice based on my knowledge and experience and you're a tool for ridiculing that.

My roots are fuller so that's a problem? What planet do you live on? So, you have giant 6 inch long trunks instead of root mass. That's 6" of lost root mass that would be MORE surface area = MORE growth. You're all for a slower method - go for it - but don't ridicule other people's knowledge and experience.

These forums are full of people that start off with DWC and end up with dead plants from root loss. I know about this and can offer some real advice on detecting and avoiding it. Take my opinion or not - whatever. But don't discourage people from contributing.

Only small minds need to put others down. You win.

fatawa

fatawa

Get off my nutts bro...unless u swallow @FennarioMike...y u so focusd on me bro?we all hav a right to giv our opinion..

fatawa

fatawa

20170422 001317
20170422 001326
Troll a lil longer for my chic @fennariomike.lmfao.a dnt show me no weak spot cause ill exploit that shit.ha.u can always show yur pics n prove me wrong..words dnt mean shit unless u got pics to back er up.lol.i pull 8zips each plant np.i usually run stadium trellis's...2 peters 4 plants is normal for that.

fatawa

fatawa

Ill quit messing w/ u and just finish with this,i never hated on u brother..if my pics offended u for whatever reason i dnt giv a shit.wasnt meant to degrade yur style.i got my own.i wrk off common sense.plants aint all that scientific...when yur water levels r high(like yurs) its my opinion thats crazy retarded.(again just my opinion,n if u take it some kinda way idc)i wud bet money high water levels means yur rockwool/starter plugs(whatever u choose to start clone or bean)is wet all the time...thats not good n thats 1 way u get rootrot..would you plant a mj plant in the wild n a ditch?probably not right..well yur staulk n medium is basicaly in that situation.love or hate it thats a fact...goodluck to everyone on here

King Ally

King Ally

Ill quit messing w/ u and just finish with this,i never hated on u brother..if my pics offended u for whatever reason i dnt giv a shit.wasnt meant to degrade yur style.i got my own.i wrk off common sense.plants aint all that scientific...when yur water levels r high(like yurs) its my opinion thats crazy retarded.(again just my opinion,n if u take it some kinda way idc)i wud bet money high water levels means yur rockwool/starter plugs(whatever u choose to start clone or bean)is wet all the time...thats not good n thats 1 way u get rootrot..would you plant a mj plant in the wild n a ditch?probably not right..well yur staulk n medium is basicaly in that situation.love or hate it thats a fact...goodluck to everyone on here
here's how my roots are getting a long I've noticed thicker roots coming is that the start of it turning trunk like. Also what you think of my levels ??

IMG 2525
IMG 2526
IMG 2527
IMG 2528
IMG 2529

Latest posts

Top Bottom