Roots Excel In Soil...

• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jakew215

So i got myself some roots excel, and i grow in a SOG style in soil. i was wondering when i should use the roots excel?

i just transplanted 300 clones from rockwool to 3" squares and when i watered the soil i used about 5 ml per gal of roots excel.

kinda just wondering on how people use this stuff, i dont want to waste a lot, shit is expensive.

like when do you use it and the duration your using it. thanks everyone.

J

jakew215

Use it into the 3rd wk of flower, About 2 ml's per gall is all you need, Shit is expensive and if your girls are happy and you run live soil you can get away without it Imvho.

i use happy frog and add more living beni's. but i thought roots excel was an actual nutrient...

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Some kind of nutrient or chemical stimulator- H&G keeps the recipe secret, but says it's "derived from Ammonium Nitrate and Potassium Hydroxide". They also use "only food-grade additives or pharmaceuticals... whatever that means. The stuff works, that's for sure. I choose to spend my cash on Great White or something with known organic ingredients, but I will tell you the stuff works, and it works well. It's not all that expensive- that little bottle lasts a long time- but they should sell $20 bottles so folks would take a chance and see the results for themselves. Peace

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

your totally right ALT they should sell small bottles of the roots excel. I prolly wouldn`t of started using it last run if the hydroshop didn`t give me a sample of it. Now its a must for my rooms

S

strictlyOG

jakew215 this is to you

5 ml per gallon is way to much! you are suppose to use 1.1ml per gallon i do this every watering for the best results. you are supposed to use it all through out veg and stop the second week of flower. the website says you should stop the 3rd week. but trust me. i use this product. and there is nothing like it on the market to even compare it with. your roots are gonna be crazy this make your plant look so crazy it will look like a vegetable plant. good luck champ!

B

Buddy Flowers

strictly- how do you measure 1.1 ml? i just round it off at 1. lol

E

edux10

5 ml per gallon is way to much! you are suppose to use 1.1ml per gallon i do this every watering for the best results. you are supposed to use it all through out veg and stop the second week of flower. the website says you should stop the 3rd week. but trust me. i use this product. and there is nothing like it on the market to even compare it with. your roots are gonna be crazy this make your plant look so crazy it will look like a vegetable plant. good luck champ!

yeah i always heard 1ml per gallon too. the bottle is expensive but it last a long time.

I heard one hydro shop owner say roots excelurator was the same or similar to voodoo juice. Idk but always wondered how ture it is. That owner went outta biz after being around for 6 monts so idk if i should be trusting his info...

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

When the hydro shop gave me a sample they told me its the best shit in the store. I might agree shit turns my roots into spagehtti.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not just heard, those are the directions on the bottle--1.1mls/gallon. I use a (medical grade) syringe that's marked. Because it is so expensive I only use it when I feel it's needed. Used to use it for taking cuttings, but right now the aerocloner is doing the whole job.

The closest product I've heard/seen it compared to is HN's Roots. Just by smelling them I can tell you they are not the same product. Just by performance I can tell you they are not the same product.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I use it in veg every other watering for a couple weeks and once right before the flip. The main way I use it is after I take cuttings I soak them in it for 48 hours then pop them into jiffy 7's. Since I started doing this on the advice of a trusted grower I have not lost a cutting. Even stubborn strains root in 10-20 days, easy strains pop in 5-10 days. I would never had stopped growing the best Blueberry cut ever if I had this. That BB was the hardest thing I ever tried to clone. I am getting it back soon though so all is good.

I can root a log with Roots Excellurator. Plus the aluminum bottle is way cool.

tortuga1503

tortuga1503

I`m gonna try that Tobar. I`ve lost a couple of tough ones too. Sux

S

sfzoo

I use it in veg every other watering for a couple weeks and once right before the flip. The main way I use it is after I take cuttings I soak them in it for 48 hours then pop them into jiffy 7's. Since I started doing this on the advice of a trusted grower I have not lost a cutting. Even stubborn strains root in 10-20 days, easy strains pop in 5-10 days. I would never had stopped growing the best Blueberry cut ever if I had this. That BB was the hardest thing I ever tried to clone. I am getting it back soon though so all is good.

I can root a log with Roots Excellurator. Plus the aluminum bottle is way cool.

to be clear :bubblez: you're letting the fresh cuttings soak water with 1.1ml of Roots Excellerator? or just the RE?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I mix it in water and then soak the cuttings. I make it by the quart. I have a syringe that is marked in .1 ml and I use .3 ml in a quart. It is actually supposed to be .275 ml. 1.1 ml in a gallon. Divide by 4 for 1 quart and it is .275 ml.

If you happened to buy Floromite on eBay the guy gives you a dropper with a mark for a gallon and a mark for a quart. Floromite is the same mix ratio a RE so you can use that dropper.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
After I soak my cuttings I use the same solution I soaked them in to spray them while they root. Can't waste this expensive stuff. Soak, stick in jiffy 7, spray mist and cover and 1 foot under a shoplight.

Aligee

Aligee

i too soak my cuts for a day and i too can root a log its a must have in every garden price kept me away for awhile but i am amazed at some of the root structures i see on all my cuts and plants... highly recommended !!

J

jakew215

explain the soaking of the cuttings...

i dont do this...

i just cut then dip in dip n grow for about 30 seconds then just shove em in a wet rockwool slab. its very rudimentary and straight forward but it seems to work fairly well... when i clone its usually 200+ at a time so anything i add my routine is gonna add that much more time.

and to be honest. i fucking hate taking clones... so simple is good.

and yeah i did some bad math in my head and fed those a little too hot. ill dummy it down to 1ml... im gonna use that shit all the way up into 2 weeks of flower like you guys say too.

i transplanted about 8 trays a few days ago, on 2 of them i didnt use roots excel and you can already tell a difference. so im sold on it.

Aligee

Aligee

place in cup up RE solution for 0:00 how ever long you wish then into clone medium of choice or just use a aero cloner with RE works great good luck !!!

B

Bobby Smith

explain the soaking of the cuttings...

i dont do this...

i just cut then dip in dip n grow for about 30 seconds then just shove em in a wet rockwool slab. its very rudimentary and straight forward but it seems to work fairly well... when i clone its usually 200+ at a time so anything i add my routine is gonna add that much more time.

and to be honest. i fucking hate taking clones... so simple is good.

and yeah i did some bad math in my head and fed those a little too hot. ill dummy it down to 1ml... im gonna use that shit all the way up into 2 weeks of flower like you guys say too.

i transplanted about 8 trays a few days ago, on 2 of them i didnt use roots excel and you can already tell a difference. so im sold on it.

I did a comparison at another forum - took 294 clones in three trays in rockwool (heatmats and humidity domes).

One used Roots Xcel, the other two were "control" - the results were pretty staggering in favor of Roots Xcel.

Top Bottom