Roots Excel In Soil...

• Thread starter jakew215
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

^link please.

i ran it, but didn't give my girls much time to veg. Probably should have, just to get a nice mass going. Its vertical space, i can't veg em too tall..lol, 8" max!

How does RE stack up to Canna's Rhizotonic? Was told from other growers, shop workers, and the Canna rep(was at a promo at a hydro store) that Rhizo is just as effective.

I've used both. But, I used them together on the recommendation of a dude at the hydro shop. It was a small sample bottle of RE.

B

Bobby Smith

Wow, it took me thirty minutes to find that post and IT WAS IN MY OWN THREAD!!!

That's how you know you talk too much.........anyways, wasn't a clinical trial or anything - I'll look around for a minute for the "results" (looked, couldn't find much.......started slacking pretty hard on that journal towards the end), but I'm not sure I really went in-depth about them - I just remember that the R.X. group kicked the shit outta the other two without a doubt.

That being said, I found it hard to justify the cost for it when I could just take clones a couple of days earlier - have never used it on vegging plants, and the amount I had was 10mL which was given to me as a sample in a syringe from my hydro store guy.

"Here's the first 98 BL clones - as you can see, they're MUCH larger than the SS clones were (was gonna show you picks of all three trays, but you get the idea). I also used Root Excelurator in the rockwool prep solution, so I'm hoping that works as well as it did last time (my first run in rockwool, when everything went great)."

Post #955
"http://www.invalid.com/grow-journals/250027-bubblelicious-new-york-power-diesel-24.html"

T

tumbleweed

I'm also a fan of HG excelurator, did a side by side with 4 cuttings, 2 strains, one of each getting the roots the other not, after 2 weeks the ones getting the roots were almost 4x as large and much healthier, ended the experiment, and started using it for everything. I use a pet medicine dispenser with .1ml markings and holds 3ml, 1ml/gal works great.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I use RE in place of other rooting compounds. I've done side-by-sides and there is no difference between those cuts that get both treatments and those that are simply watered with RE in the water.

Jake, cut out some steps, if you're going to use the RE, just use that. I can't remember what you're using, but whatever it is probably needs a pre-soak first, so use the RE in the pre-soak, and then use it for subsequent waterings until you get roots.

An aerocloner eliminates ALL of this for me, and right now I've found that the fastest trip to a girl ready to veg out and flower is to let the cuttings go in the cloner until they've got a good, long tap root, long enough to reach just about to the bottom of a 1gal pot. Fill that pot with coco + rice hulls (coco's charged, of course), and get that root set as close to the bottom of the pot as you can get it. They really take off using this method, AND I get to skip the fucking beer cups and put them directly into their final pots.

Simplicity, gotta love it!

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
love that stuff, I been using it as recommended, soon as roots show up to week 3 of flower. using in roots soil, ffof and also coco.

delivers results without effecting ph. Rhizotonic also works well but effects ph. Can use rhizotonic as foliar and it goes alot further.

Did notice jackmayoffer posted up he uses rhizo + re.

last run using aerocloner, added it a day or two after root show and before you pull em from the aerocloner. if left in aerocloner too long root can start to become brown. May be safer to use re once transplanted.

I recently had to transplant a plant, Normally gotta be careful the 7 gallons of medium weight does not rip apart the roots.

plant was in a 2 gallon perfect pot before transplant. Was able to pick it up by the stem and transplant. normally the roots are not as developed so quickly. little over a week! entire bottom of container is covered in white fuzzy roots and most of the sides are white. showing the side with the least amount of roots.

20-transplant.jpg

Last run I ran out of roots excel and was saving for current run. When I pull I check out the roots, the last run, container was NOT fully saturated (like when using re or voodoo + p&T).

usually the container wold be almost entirely saturated with roots.

imho root excel with mycos (orgenism xl/great white/etc) produces roots like voodoo + P&t will for less $$

Sold on root excell.

now if we only knew what the hidden hormone/ingredient is :)

strictly- how do you measure 1.1 ml? i just round it off at 1. lol

12 drops per gallon via eye dropper.

Would not want to do 20+ gallons that way.

vaporedout

vaporedout

i love the home and gardens RE, although the hydro guy did say that i should use that Rhizotonic,is the house and gardens organic and the other stuff not? heres one of my 3 gallon gals, rootball

DSC03699
J

jakew215

i also use rhizotonic from Canna.

my base nutes are Canna.

i guess ill use both. just not too much... rhizo is much cheaper though...

thanks for all the input guys, greatly appreciated. its going into my regimen for sure. i think it will pay for itself easily...

purpleberry

purpleberry

I dont think rhyzo is cheaper when you do the math on a mixed gallon. Ive been using the RE for over a year and its one thing I would never give up. In coco it makes plants fill up a pot with the feather like roots so fast, Im still amazed when I pull a plant out of the pot i just stuck it in 7-10 days ago, lol

Y

Ya...The Pizza

If used properly, in conservative amounts that 60 dollar bottle should last a long time. That stuff works awesome on hydro or soil. LOVE it!

lollipopman

lollipopman

what about using it in coco hempy's? i have a bottle just chillin and hate seeing it just sittin

B

Buddy Flowers

you guys are talking about 2 different sized bottles. the 250 ml retails for 77 and the 500 ml retails for 127 or so. i saw a 1 L at a shop the other week but didn't catch the price

J

jakew215

you guys are talking about 2 different sized bottles. the 250 ml retails for 77 and the 500 ml retails for 127 or so. i saw a 1 L at a shop the other week but didn't catch the price

damn i didnt even see a smaller bottle. mine is 500 ml.

M

masonite420

It is actually one of the cheapest on the market

When you break it down, Roots Excelurator is about 40 cents a gallon when mixed...not bad. You should only use about 1 ml per gallon.That is about a teaspoon per 5 gallons. You can use it throughout the entire cycle. A little secret to cloning....Add a few drops to a cup of water and feed clones that were taken about a week before. Magic... within a few days you will see roots bursting. You can actually feed them this for a couple weeks until you are ready to transplant. If you like roots that are a foot long then you will love this method!

http://sdhydroponics.com/

B

Bobby Smith

Lol, was wondering when someone was gonna point that out.....

Y

Ya...The Pizza

J

jakew215

here is some pipe cleaners after about three days in soil.

im sold on this shit for sure.

and again i have the 500ml bottle. not the 250ml...

http://i40.invalid.com/albums/e243/jakew88/MyGrow/IMAG0251.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom