roots excelurator house and garden

• Thread starter budseyeveiw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
So has any one used general hydroponics rapid start ??? I've never used RE but I've Ben using rapid start and it works cool I guess I think voodoo juice works better imop but has any one else used it and how does it compare to RE and voodoo juice???

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
So has any one used general hydroponics rapid start ??? I've never used RE but I've Ben using rapid start and it works cool I guess I think voodoo juice works better imop but has any one else used it and how does it compare to RE and voodoo juice in there experience???

B

budseyeveiw

Yep smells like Humic/Fulvic, and H/F will enhance your roots and soil food web or any medium for that matter, that's why if you shake the RE bottle and pour it out theres light brown foam, same exact thing happens with H/F.
Whatever the case let's just know this, that 100.00 mini bottle of RE cost less then a nickel to produce. You are being taken to the cleaners.
Please believe!

such is life bro a ps3 cost about 20 gbp to make and i bought one for 200.. but im not gonna get a tutorial to make one of them and i cant be fucked to make my own blend either. lets face it with any hobby you generally get ripped of. its the name of the game.

squarepusher

squarepusher

such is life bro a ps3 cost about 20 gbp to make and i bought one for 200.. but im not gonna get a tutorial to make one of them and i cant be fucked to make my own blend either. lets face it with any hobby you generally get ripped of. its the name of the game.

actually, PS3 costs more than 200 GBP to make, they sell it at a loss on each unit. Sony however makes money off the games which is why they do it in the long run to make money.

B

budseyeveiw

actually, PS3 costs more than 200 GBP to make, they sell it at a loss on each unit. Sony however makes money off the games which is why they do it in the long run to make money.

proof?? they mite make a loss the first year as most consoles do generally mass produce the following year. the ps2 cost 8gpb to make at one point.. anyway back on subject bro

squarepusher

squarepusher

Sony Losing Big Money on PS3 Hardware
Analysts say makers sell consoles at a loss and profit on games, but Sony's loss is unusually high.

By James Niccolai, IDG News Nov 16, 2006 6:00 am

Read PC World's review and our detailed test drive of the PlayStation 3.

Sony is taking a big loss on each PlayStation 3 console it sells but end users are benefitting from "supercomputing performance" at the price of a cheap PC, according to research company iSuppli, which dismantled the console to analyze the parts inside.

Console makers often sell their hardware at a loss with the hope of profiting from the games that run on them. But Sony's loss on each PlayStation 3 will be unusually deep, according to iSuppli estimates released today.
Loss per Unit Is 'Remarkable'

The combined materials and manufacturing costs for each device come to about $806 for the model with a 20GB hard drive, excluding the cost of the controller, cables, and packaging, iSuppli said.

With a suggested retail price of $499, that would mean Sony is taking a loss of about $307 on each console it sells. The differential for the 60GB model is less, with the cost exceeding the price tag by $241.

By comparison, the materials and manufacturing costs for the hard-drive version of Microsoft's rival device, the Xbox 360 are $323, iSuppli estimated. That's less than the suggested retail price of $399.

"It's common for video-game console makers to lose money on hardware, and make up for the loss via video game-title sales. Still, the size of Sony's loss per unit is remarkable, even for the video-game console business," iSuppli said.
PlayStation 3 an 'Engineering Masterpiece'

Most of the cost comes from the PlayStation 3 console's processing power. The multicore Cell processor alone, which was co-designed by Sony, Toshiba, and IBM, and is the gaming device's main processing engine, accounts for about 10 percent of the cost of each machine, iSuppli said.

The research company also highlighted Sony's use of dual graphics chips from Nvidia and Toshiba, and its use of four 512-megabit DRAM chips from Samsung Electronics. Sony's motherboard probably costs the company $500 in total, compared to $204 for the Xbox 360, iSuppli said.

This is all good news for customers, who get all that computing power for a relative bargain. iSuppli called the PlayStation 3 an "engineering masterpiece," with a motherboard that looks more like that of an enterprise server or network switch than a games console.

The console provides "more processing power and capability than any consumer electronics device in history," iSuppli said.

The PlayStation3 made its debut in Japan on Saturday and is being rolled out worldwide this week and next.

B

budseyeveiw

anyway i emailed house and garden who said that the roots E can be used with tap water. that was direct from the company for anyone who is interested.

K

kes5480

i got like 3 small sample bottles of RE. damn didnt kno it was so expensive. never even tried it yet...waiting for my next run with the entire line of houseand garden...peace

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

ive been reading alot about yucca extracts, and it seems alot of stuff containing yucca has a very similar smell and texture to the roots xl

gen hydro rapid start actually lists it

bloads

bloads

Thats a good idea Mlway, what if its dormant bacteria that comes alive once water and something like sugar/molasses activates it.

I remember reading somewhere that water activates it.

~ when first came out, rep in Vegas was spreading the 'rumor' that it contained a bacterium in it... quite specifically, an anaerobic bacteria, which is unique compared to all the other biological inoculants out there
ew slide... if it has nothing biological growing in there, I'll shut up. Peace.

Again, this is what I've read too.

M

MIway

^^^ there's a companion thread... DS & SM put this to an end... it didn't germinate in water... they looked at it under a scope. Fuck H&G... fuckem dead.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
they may be lying about whats in it, but it really does work. on a differnt note i just switched from roots excell and great white to fox farm kangaroots and the microbe tea and so far my roots seem to explode even more. i am gonna be running soem Chemdog D so we shall see how the roots look from the Chemdog D. as i ran it a bunch of times with the roots combo i can tell if theres any differnce

S

sdgreenthumb

Cronic Monster,

I was googling around to find out what bacteria are in Roots Excelurator and I found your microscopic pics. They look great!!!!! I found a blurb on the internet that said "bacteria in Roots Ex is inert until you add water" so I mixed it 50/50 with a little water and checked it at 1000X magnification an hour later and sure as shit there was some movement.

My problem is that I have a microscope but don't know how to use it or identify the little critters I see swimming around.

My goal is to culture some roots ex and some pythium and put them together under a microscope. My theory is that roots ex has some kind of paramecium type bacteria that feeds on the pythium fungus. I just have no idea how to show this.

What magnification did you use? Do you know how to identify bacteria. Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

DS posted up some microscopic pictures at the request of another user, nothing to do with me :)
I wish I had me one microscope :)

E

Everett702

Yes, you can use it with tap water and no, I haven't found that it impacts bennies. The product that I have is not alive, nor does it have anything that appears to have once been alive (when scoped @400x).
Bacteria are not very visible at 400x even with staining - they would just be seen as little spects. At 1000x you can see size, shape and color, also some very large structures like endospores.

E

Everett702

Cronic Monster,

I was googling around to find out what bacteria are in Roots Excelurator and I found your microscopic pics. They look great!!!!! I found a blurb on the internet that said "bacteria in Roots Ex is inert until you add water" so I mixed it 50/50 with a little water and checked it at 1000X magnification an hour later and sure as shit there was some movement.

My problem is that I have a microscope but don't know how to use it or identify the little critters I see swimming around.

My goal is to culture some roots ex and some pythium and put them together under a microscope. My theory is that roots ex has some kind of paramecium type bacteria that feeds on the pythium fungus. I just have no idea how to show this.

What magnification did you use? Do you know how to identify bacteria. Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
pretty easy to identify bacteria. It's the only thing that small (except viruses). To find amoungst non living material, look for regular shapes and many of the same size shape and reaction to stain. Which brings me to staining... yada yada yada. Download an old microbiology lab manual. Also look through a manual of determinative bacterology.

Top Bottom