roots organic questions about flowering.

• Thread starter euphoria526
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HarryHood

HarryHood

After a couple of days, my ladies showed signs of being happier. I decided to make some soil. I added 4 gallons of Strawberry Fields with 3 tea spoons of the Roots Organic Uprising added to it to my 8 ladies (basically each plant got a 1/2 gal of hot soil added); moreover, I added another 1/2 teaspoon of the Uprising as a top dressing to each lady. I gave them a though and full watering. I wont be opening the tent again until Thursday or Friday. I'm stoked to see their progress.
right on! you're doing photos, correct? sounds like they're progressing nicely. been debating on purchasing more of their products. i'm definitely seeing cal mag being an issue for me soil wise (HF and FFOF mix), how about you? i'm researching and finding out first hand that using LED's takes a heavier toll on the plants nutrient wise. basically went 1/2 strength according to the feed chart with the tea yesterday and they're still alive 😄🤞, but 2 are definitely getting near the end of their life cycle so i'll most likely just use regular water with a little cal mag in it for the next 2 waterings then just straight water after that until completion.

thcoso

thcoso

right on! you're doing photos, correct? sounds like they're progressing nicely. been debating on purchasing more of their products. i'm definitely seeing cal mag being an issue for me soil wise (HF and FFOF mix), how about you? i'm researching and finding out first hand that using LED's takes a heavier toll on the plants nutrient wise. basically went 1/2 strength according to the feed chart with the tea yesterday and they're still alive 😄🤞, but 2 are definitely getting near the end of their life cycle so i'll most likely just use regular water with a little cal mag in it for the next 2 waterings then just straight water after that until completion.

The Uprising has calcium in it. I dont have the numbers in front of me, so I dont want to tell you a wrong amount. But, calcium and nitrogen were 2 that I knew were getting low, but magnesium didnt seem to be an issue, so I avoided cal-mag and hunted for something with the cal but w/o mag. The uprising fit the bill. I'm digging this Strawberry Fields Soil. I'm gonna use it for my next run, so I'm trying to work it out on this run. Posting on this site makes for a good digital diary that others who are in a similar situation may gain some knowledge.

HarryHood

HarryHood

cool, gonna take another look at their product line as all i have from them is the terp tea line. also have liquid seaweed that i use a bit of in the teas and as a foliar spray during veg from blue planets, as well as their mycorrhizae and rhizo mix.
totally agree regarding the digital diary. great way to share knowledge, etc. definitely makes the growing process a little less stressful

euphoria526

euphoria526

Nice. Yeah I’ve just been doing what it says on the bag,1 TSP per 1 gal, bubbled overnight. I have been leaning heavy on it and have barely
noticed any negative side effects, if any at all. So much so I might add more to it next feeding. Also might add some of the grow in there for added N since bloom is so light on it. Not much, something like a 1/4 tbls

Huntingterps

Huntingterps

Now I'm no pro but have had some good grows. I currently have 4 plants going in a 4x4 and they love terp tea top dressed per feed schedule.
20210225 181702

Huntingterps

Huntingterps

I like it compared to dwc. Smells great and looks good. I have only top dressed once a week according to the root organic website. Using only the bloom, bloom booster. This is only week 6.
20210226 100345
20210226 100233

thcoso

thcoso

[/QUO
Yea, I'm trying to keep up with the photos. I'm gonna post all the pics and go into more detail in the Strawberry Fields Soil thread I started. Here is a photo of how they looked when I opened the tent tonight after 5 days of being away. The N def seems to be much better, along with the Ca and K problems I had last week; however, as I will post more clearly in the SFS thread, I have a serious Mg problem now along with what I think is a little light stress due to the vertical growth achieved since I set the lights on Sunday.
TempImage0CynCy

HarryHood

HarryHood

cool. i'll keep a lookout in that thread as well.

i know i had mine way too close for a few days and it stressed them for sure. i had it hanging pretty much between 14-17 inches of the canopy. not a good idea with LED's. went back to SF recommended height of 18-24 inches for flowering and will follow their recommendation for various stages moving forward

HarryHood

HarryHood

my last feeding to my 4 plants i went with top dressing instead of a tea. i have 3 strains going and they all like different amounts of nutes which is something i never really considered. i definitely underfed them as i was nervous, but also didn't have some products in time.
my next grow coming up i'm doing 5 different strains and they all take/like different amounts of nutes and there's just no way to do that with the tea. although i love brewing the teas and the plants seem to dig it i think i'm gonna wind up using the teas in my raised beds and fruit trees

thcoso

thcoso

Here they are, 2 weeks from 12/12. They are living on Roots Organic Grow, Epson Salt and a light 1-1-1 additives to the water. They are wrapping up their 8th week of veg where they were placed in Strawberry Fields Soil. There is a detailed log under Strawberry Fields in the threads. I've been posting and updating there for the past 3 weeks and I plan to do so till harvest.
IMG 4620
IMG 4623

Here is some of the problems I still need to fix. Hopefully, as I transition to the Roots Organic Uprising Bloom it will fix itself.

IMG 4626
IMG 4624

euphoria526

euphoria526

Here they are, 2 weeks from 12/12. They are living on Roots Organic Grow, Epson Salt and a light 1-1-1 additives to the water. They are wrapping up their 8th week of veg where they were placed in Strawberry Fields Soil. There is a detailed log under Strawberry Fields in the threads. I've been posting and updating there for the past 3 weeks and I plan to do so till harvest.View attachment 1098804View attachment 1098805

Here is some of the problems I still need to fix. Hopefully, as I transition to the Roots Organic Uprising Bloom it will fix itself.

View attachment 1098806View attachment 1098807
Hopefully it will. I’ve noticed any minor issues I’ve had seemed to disappear after and in between feedings. Maybe some do like other amounts but I’ve been doing single teas also

HarryHood

HarryHood

Here they are, 2 weeks from 12/12. They are living on Roots Organic Grow, Epson Salt and a light 1-1-1 additives to the water. They are wrapping up their 8th week of veg where they were placed in Strawberry Fields Soil. There is a detailed log under Strawberry Fields in the threads. I've been posting and updating there for the past 3 weeks and I plan to do so till harvest.View attachment 1098804View attachment 1098805

View attachment 1098806View attachment 1098807
nice! tent looks completely full

Shcannagins

Shcannagins

how'd you make out? did you use the grow (7-1-1) again during flower? i've noticed my plants are looking a bit pale/lime green and was planning on adding it into the next tea i brew.

are you using 1 tbsp/gallon?
I have the microbe charge, bloom, and bloom boost. im on week 4 with autos and wanna feed my bloom and micbrobe charge in tea form to the plants, with 1 cup of worm castings added. i have the plants a lil nute burned as i also have natures living soil in the mix. How many teas and at what application rate did you feed everything? my first organic grow not doin to hot could use some help lol

HarryHood

HarryHood

I have the microbe charge, bloom, and bloom boost. im on week 4 with autos and wanna feed my bloom and micbrobe charge in tea form to the plants, with 1 cup of worm castings added. i have the plants a lil nute burned as i also have natures living soil in the mix. How many teas and at what application rate did you feed everything? my first organic grow not doin to hot could use some help lol
sorry for the delay, but i haven't been on here in a bit

for 4 plants in 5 gallon pots i brewed 4.5 gallons of terp tea with- 3 tsp of Bloom, 2 tsp Microbe Charge, and 2 tbsp of unsulphured molasses. then i upped it over time to roughly 2 tbsp of bloom and the bloom booster. and stopped feeding teas 2 weeks out. just go on the low side with nutes and autos. especially if your soil is pre mixed.
here's a couple good links that helped me out. the roots is based off of photoperiod plants

Roots Dry Nutrient Feeding Schedule

Fastbuds Auto Feeding Schedule

Top Bottom