roots organic soil...help

• Thread starter tattoojim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tattoojim

my babies are about a week short of a month old and im see n some slight yellowing on the bottom leaves. im wondering if my feed water water feed is not enough food for my kids? i gave them a feeding of budha grow(2 teaspoons a gal.) cold processed seaweed (1/2 teaspoon a gal.) my water im using is drinking water (store bought). seems like there hungry? is a feed water feed water work better for organic soil? this is my first time to run all organic.

S

SmokeSignal

Fertilized with nitrogen, or a complete NPK fertilizer 4-5 days, and the results should appear. Short / quick profit or loss from organic sources are: the seagul shit, batguano, fishmix and blood meal. Bio-fertilizers also contributes to the introduction of nitrogen.

If is it nitrogen deficiency... :bong2:

T

tattoojim

Looks like u have nitrogen deficiency.

yes sir.. i just cant figure out how these kid have sucked out all the nitrogen already. this soil is full of worm castings and a bunch of other bennies. i was gonna wait till day 31 to trans plant but its not looking like there is not enough left in the soil.

S

SmokeSignal

..this soil is full of worm castings and a bunch of other bennies. i was gonna wait till day 31 to trans plant but its not looking like there is not enough left in the soil.

Ok.. Hope they recover.

G

GrimloxK

post pics broseph..

I use roots organics soil and nutes myself. I've had yellowing myself....go peep my grow journal in the grow diaries section, maybe it could help you out.

It may very well be an N def. Roots organics line is slightly low on N imho. on the bottle of buddha grow it mentions giving something like 10-15 ml for veg plants.

Post pics and I can help you from there....

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
The roots line seems pretty weak strength but if you use what they say it will bottom out your pH. Theres a fine line. If you aerate the mix for 24hours your pH will come up a bit. Could be a pH thing too so check your runoff pH first.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

post pics broseph..

I use roots organics soil and nutes myself. I've had yellowing myself....go peep my grow journal in the grow diaries section, maybe it could help you out.

It may very well be an N def. Roots organics line is slightly low on N imho. on the bottle of buddha grow it mentions giving something like 10-15 ml for veg plants.

Post pics and I can help you from there....

Roots user here too, scope my diaries, all Roots products and their synthetic products as well called Aurora were used.

I'd switch to water/feed/water. Use their 5ml program, cant go wrong bro!

S

saivr2000

I use soil as well and noticed some yellowing on the lower leaves. I added some calmeg and they bounced right back. You can also use epson salts, 1 teaspoon/gallon if Calmeg is not easily found. Many dificiencys will result in yellowing of the leaves. They may not be gettting enough light on the lower leaves as well. if you haven't already bought one, try and invest in a high quality PPM/PH meter so you are certain you are giving the girls the correct amount when feeding them on an alternating schedule.

T

tattoojim

give me a few mins to take some pics.. then i will reply with rep.. thaks everyone for helping

T

tattoojim

I use soil as well and noticed some yellowing on the lower leaves. I added some calmeg and they bounced right back. You can also use epson salts, 1 teaspoon/gallon if Calmeg is not easily found. Many dificiencys will result in yellowing of the leaves. They may not be gettting enough light on the lower leaves as well. if you haven't already bought one, try and invest in a high quality PPM/PH meter so you are certain you are giving the girls the correct amount when feeding them on an alternating schedule.

i have all the amendments i need to fix this problem, but im a dummy and did not invest in a good meter. i thought i would be prepared for this but no... :mad0233:

G

GrimloxK

OG - are you using water/feed/water on the master program? I thought it was feed all the time, no?

saivr - you make a good point...yellowing could be from insufficient light, but I didn't know it being a calmag problem as well...explains that when I was getting yellowing and started to us GO camg as well as ful-humix I started to see my plant bounce back...i'm getting yellowing right now I think I need to start using 5 ml of camg.

Edit -
just saw the pics and your plant is doing fine...mines was way worse and it bounced back. Nothing to be overly concerned about...i don't think it's lighting though...looks like an N thing. Also are you going to transplant soon? Into what? By the next set of leaves you may want to go into a 1 gallon...

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

OG - are you using water/feed/water on the master program? I thought it was feed all the time, no?

saivr - you make a good point...yellowing could be from insufficient light, but I didn't know it being a calmag problem as well...explains that when I was getting yellowing and started to us GO camg as well as ful-humix I started to see my plant bounce back...i'm getting yellowing right now I think I need to start using 5 ml of camg.

Edit -
just saw the pics and your plant is doing fine...mines was way worse and it bounced back. Nothing to be overly concerned about...i don't think it's lighting though...looks like an N thing. Also are you going to transplant soon? Into what? By the next set of leaves you may want to go into a 1 gallon...

Master program calls for feed feed feed unless you have a calcium build up causing lock out, I prefer to just add a nice 6.0 water feeding in there every couple nute feedings. I also add some stuff to the master program from other companies, but I really believe as a base program it kicks ass! :banana1sv6:

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Now that i see pix id say theyre just rootbound. Typically when theyre ready for a larger pot theyll yellow on the bottom progressively to the top. They just need a bigger home. Im sure theyve used up every bit of food in those cups. Those plants look great!

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Now that i see pix id say theyre just rootbound. Typically when theyre ready for a larger pot theyll yellow on the bottom progressively to the top. They just need a bigger home. Im sure theyve used up every bit of food in those cups. Those plants look great!

I agree 100%! They just want to stretch they're legs out and to get a nice meal in 'em. Time for bigger homes.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

Right on the money. Didn't know they were in such small homes for their size! Get those girls in a gal or 2 gal container asap!

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Agree with the 3 above, Mine did the same thing ! Man those cups are going to be packed with roots. Rookie here, also did the same thing. Ever thought about making a High N guano Tea. Ours was 10-5-1 after one good tea they bounced back and blew up !

T

tattoojim

tomorrow i will do a transplant and another feeding. thanks for the help guys...i have a grow diary (the new 2000 watt grow) feel free to tell me what you think..... transplanting into 1.5 gallon pots then to shallow 10s for flower

Latest posts

Top Bottom