Roots organics and adding Gravity during flowering..

• Thread starter bstilwell1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

I'm currently using the roots organics master pack for the first time this grow. I have 4 strains. Blueberry, Skywalker OG, Berrybomb, and ak x northern lights. I'm loving the results from this nute line.. I used gravity in my last grow but with advanced nutrients. So I want to make sure adding gravity to organic nutrients is ok and at Wut ratio should I be applying it along with my other nutes. I've done some research and have heard people having great results with the combination of 5-10 ml of gravity along with 1/4-1/2 strength of my organic nutes. If anyone has used gravity with roots organics or other organic lines I would love to hear some input. P.S. I just flipped them to 12/12 a few days ago. Thanks
Roots organics and adding gravity during flowering

P

psilo

Do you realize that you'll be adding a plant growth regulator with questionable health consequences?
Just making sure you know.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

I believe your talking about bushmaster which stops vertical growth. Gravity is carbs and kelp for the most part to add density and weight to flowers

S

slap14

The grow looks good Bstilwell. Not a big fan of adding Gravity:( linked to some pretty bad stuff. I believe it got banned in Cali.

Slap

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Thanks man I just added a 400 watt hps on top of my 600 watt hps with sealed hood

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well, I've been sitting here doing some searching, and you may not like what I've found, bstil. Or rather, what I haven't found. Which is anything relating to what's actually IN Gravity. And that it's being sold as a flower hardener. Most websites aren't showing the label or really much of anything in terms of the information we organic growers seek. Another site has this: http://www.planetnatural.com/site/gravity-flower-hardener.html
They say it's just kelp and B1, and then there are customer remarks discussing the Paclobutrazol. The product, despite its name, is not registered for sale in CA or OR, let alone certified as an organic product.

My opinion, as an organic producer, is that Gravity has no business anywhere near any consumables. Nowhere. So if you want to know how much I would use, my answer would be none. Besides, the cost for "just" kelp and B1 is fucking outrageous, just completely fucking outRAGEous.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I believe your talking about bushmaster which stops vertical growth. Gravity is carbs and kelp for the most part to add density and weight to flowers
Nope. It contains paclobutryzol (sp?) Which is a very controversial chemical.
Plus it makes your buds taste like shit. I can always tell when a farmer has used it. And that's when I throw out that bud.
Try a simple kelp boost at week 5-6. I use kelp sparingly for the most part, but hit 'em pretty hard in week 2 and 5/6 in bloom. Fuck Gravity and its potential health risks.

bstilwell1988

bstilwell1988

Thanks.for the advice seamaiden and altitude. I'm trying this whole organic thing out for the first time and am having really good results... And @ seamaiden. That problem I was having was due to low humidity. I now have my tent staying.between 50-55% and.everything is green. I appreciate the time u took trying to figure out y I was having problems.. first I was thinking old.nutes, then calcium def. Then water quality but now everything's going great :) props to your knowledge and general kindness to a fellow farmer

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

If Monsanto produced PCZs then it would be used on apple trees in the US still. Definately not organic. Questionable on the health implication because many other developed countries allow it's use. Makes me think it is more a political issue than a health issue. Of course the magic propaganda machine of Advanced Nutrients went on the offensive a few years back, and thus may figure into some of the stigma on it. As far as studies and such, rarely linked...So you are really just taking people's word on it that it's harmful, kinda like Butane Hash.
Affects nug burn, cannaseur could tell...Your average Joe, not so...
It definitely adds Gravity, though. So at least there is truth in marketing there.

Funny how many 'additives' are essentially kelp.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
To infinity, and BEYOND...!

Sorry... that just kinda popped out.

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I believe the actual danger of paclo is that it produces carcinogens when it's burned. So, in that case, it may not harm you if you eat your buds vs smoking them. I prefer honestly to have ZERO petrochemicals in my body. We use essential plant oils to clean and disinfect our entire house and garden.

S

slap14

My whole take on it is why take a chance. When it comes to your health or someone else's is it really worth a nug that is no more potent medicine but is more dense. I'll take a fluffy healthy bud to a questionable dense nug every day of the week and twice on sunday. Speaking of twice on sunday it's that time;)

slap

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Well, I've been sitting here doing some searching, and you may not like what I've found, bstil. Or rather, what I haven't found. Which is anything relating to what's actually IN Gravity. And that it's being sold as a flower hardener. Most websites aren't showing the label or really much of anything in terms of the information we organic growers seek. Another site has this: http://www.planetnatural.com/site/gravity-flower-hardener.html
They say it's just kelp and B1, and then there are customer remarks discussing the Paclobutrazol. The product, despite its name, is not registered for sale in CA or OR, let alone certified as an organic product.

My opinion, as an organic producer, is that Gravity has no business anywhere near any consumables. Nowhere. So if you want to know how much I would use, my answer would be none. Besides, the cost for "just" kelp and B1 is fucking outrageous, just completely fucking outRAGEous.

i dont think ive heard ya curse this many times in a post! I agree with this post 100%. Stay away from these products: Gravity, Bushmaster, Phosphoload, Dr. Nodes, TopLoad, and Flower Dragon. All of these products contain Paclo or Daminozide.

Bushmaster: 271ppm Paclobutrazol
Gravity: 516ppm Paclobutrazol
Flower Dragon : 18,400-18,650ppm Daminozide, 30-46.3ppm Paclobutrazol
TopLoad: 3,467ppm Daminozide
Phosphoload: 17,800ppm Daminozide, 20.6ppm Paclobutrazol

Dr. Nodes: .4% Paclobutrazol (couldnt find Daminozide content, but have heard that its higher than paclo in this product)

This stuff is poison. Why would anyone want traces of such in a product that they consume or pass onto to other to consume? It boils down to unawareness and/or greed.

My advice to bstillwell88 - dont use this product anymore, not only is it detrimental to ones health but your supporting companies that are well aware of the risks that still market this product to medical marijuana cultivators aka GREED. much luck with your current grow, I am a big fan of Root Organics and have had many successful crops using this label.
Z

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

My whole take on it is why take a chance. When it comes to your health or someone else's is it really worth a nug that is no more potent medicine but is more dense. I'll take a fluffy healthy bud to a questionable dense nug every day of the week and twice on sunday. Speaking of twice on sunday it's that time;)

slap
good call, ima light me one too... sunday funday in full effect!

Latest posts

Top Bottom