Roots organics top feed instructions seem unclear.

• Thread starter MajinZeke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MajinZeke

MajinZeke

I had a question about roots organics top dressed amendments. The directions say only 1 tsp of the nutrients but I read other conflicting reports that you have to add 1 tsp per gallon. So, 5 gallons would use 5 tsp. Does anyone currently use the grow, foundation and bloom amendments from roots organics? I just want to have a good first grow/harvest and I feel like I'm in the dark.

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

ok snap a picture of the bag so we all know for 100 % what item your talking about . they have many . Some called dry top post ,

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I have a bag of terp tea grow and it says to use one teaspoon per gallon of potting soil! When top dressing dry. That’s probably what yours says, but would have to see the back of the bag with the use instructions to be sure. If it says 1 teaspoon per gallon of potting soil, that is what you use. The harder part to figure out is how often to use it. RO doesn’t seem to be as inclined to go out on a limb on that one! A lot depends on the size of the plant!

Last edited:
Z

Zill

Majin,

Look at it this way - roots organics is just that a weak fertilizer in a rotted organic background. The way you are using will not hurt you or the plants.

Roots Organics - I looked at their product line. I typically avoid any product where the manufacturer cannot/does not tell a consumer what is in the bottle. They avoid that because it’s all crap, fiction. And I avoid at all costs anything touted as organic. Unless I mash it myself. Such BS. They are making loads of money selling nothing.

MajinZeke

MajinZeke

Majin,

Look at it this way - roots organics is just that a weak fertilizer in a rotted organic background. The way you are using will not hurt you or the plants.

Roots Organics - I looked at their product line. I typically avoid any product where the manufacturer cannot/does not tell a consumer what is in the bottle. They avoid that because it’s all crap, fiction. And I avoid at all costs anything touted as organic. Unless I mash it myself. Such BS. They are making loads of money selling nothing.
Ah crap. I read a lot of articles on groweeedeasy.com. What should I Google so I can make my own amended soil? Do I start with promix and then add in other stuff?

Z

Zill

Read this product description. After digestion can you tell me what this product is? No you can’t. Be use there is nothing inthe there. They don’t know

Product Description​

Roots Organics Buddha Grow is a one-part organic vegative growth nutrient formulated for potting soil and potting soilless gardens. Buddha Grow is a proprietary blend of the finest organic ingredients, specifically created to promote vigor, increase yields and enhance quality in potting soil grown plants during the vegetative stage of their life. Worldwide sourcing and deliberate design extracted and condensed into an exceptional liquid blend targeted to encourage excellence from your plants

Z

Zill

Majin,

Lots of members make their own soil medium and and mash vegetables to make rich fermented teas. That makes sense.

Search the forum or start a thread I’ll sound a horn and bring the knowledge of others.

Zill.

MajinZeke

MajinZeke

Majin,

Lots of members make their own soil medium and and mash vegetables to make rich fermented teas. That makes sense.

Search the forum or start a thread I’ll sound a horn and bring the knowledge of others.

Zill.
Thank you!!!!

Z

Zill

I might be reading it wrong but a bag of promix claiming to be loaded with mycorrhizae and bacillus spores is 0.45kg or ~500gms or about a pound. These clowns are charging $59.00 for this!! You can do better, much better.

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

I got a bag here, says 1 tsp per gallon of soil. And as mentioned, doesn't say when or how often to add. I mix in some grow about 4 weeks into veg, and mix in some bloom about 4 weeks into flower. Not saying that's right or wrong, but produces good results

20240224 100539

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Nate, the Viking tells you how to make all that stuff on YouTube. I think it’s called grow like a Viking! You could start there. Or garden like a Viking!

Top Bottom