Roots Protruding Through Vent Holes.

• Thread starter CJohnson 78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

I transplanted from 1 gallon to five gallon pots a week ago. I was looking at plants and noticed they’re roots showing through vent holes. Any advice of what to do or is it ok to leave them. I was always told roots can’t be exposed to light. Any advice will help thank you.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
are u saying you saw roots in the 1 gall pots while transplanting? or now you are seeing them in the drain holes in the 5 gall pots. I'm confused. But if within 1 week your roots already filled a 5 gall pot I want your roots!!! talk about explosive growth.:)

All bs aside, no, having roots protrude from the vent holes wont really cause harm they will air prune themselves. However it is sign they are getting rootbound and that isnt a good thing, but looks like you took care of that by uppotting. peace

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

are u saying you saw roots in the 1 gall pots while transplanting? or now you are seeing them in the drain holes in the 5 gall pots. I'm confused. But if within 1 week your roots already filled a 5 gall pot I want your roots!!! talk about explosive growth.:)

All bs aside, no, having roots protrude from the vent holes wont really cause harm they will air prune themselves. However it is sign they are getting rootbound and that isnt a good thing, but looks like you took care of that by uppotting. peace

N

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

There is an image of the root protruding through a vent hole. Plants are only a month old and not even a foot tall. I can’t believe it’s possible for it to outgrow pot already.

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

They also are showing sex and they are both females.
Whats strains r u running? look healthy and happy
one is lemon Diesel and the other is sour purps. The grow store sold me this organic tea with microbes and such. I used it and plants just blew up with roots. Yes they’re very happy and stinking already.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ok. I’m probably gonna veg another 3-4 weeks with some training before I put into flower. Do you think I will have to repot?
It should be fine for 3 weeks.... If you want to repot ...do it 10 days before you flip the light so they situated in their new home.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok. I’m probably gonna veg another 3-4 weeks with some training before I put into flower. Do you think I will have to repot?
if you a week ago uppotted from 1 gall to 5 gall you should be good to go. in 5 gall pots I have grown 5-6 footers indoors. All depends on your headspace and flower room size constraints

CJohnson 78

CJohnson 78

Need some advice. I’m 36 days into flower. I haven’t fed plants in the last 6 watering been giving them 6.5 ph water. I noticed I had root aphids and have been treating the plants with general hydroponics exile. My issue is are the plants burning up or should I feed them? It looks like nuts burn but could be something else. Any advise would help. Thank you.

A65069E7 EE23 478A BE4E 6131A1CD038E
EECF1F6B AF1B 4B6F A0F0 16A4F026192C
Top Bottom