Rosin pics/vids show us what your pressing.

• Thread starter Scrogster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
I squish flowers after a few months of cure.
My routine is for personal use so it's about as small scale as it gets.
I'm using a Rosin Evolution prepress mold, unbleached parchment paper, and a press from NY Rosin press. They dont sell my press anymore but it's pretty much a typical manual two plate job with either a ratchet crank, tri handle crank, or wheel crank. Mine had the ratchet but I ditched it and put in a beefier drive bolt and use a large wrench to muscle down on it. The press has to be bolted down to get some good pressure on it.
Typical pressings for me are at 175-215 for 2 minutes. Yields can be good to great, some strains give me more, some less. After pressing about an ounce of good flower material I get about 5-8 grams of wax ✌

IMG 1223
IMG 1233

Moshmen

Moshmen

I detailed my process using trim here, its the same process with buds but with even better results.
Acually I’ve checked out that thread awhile back when I get enuff trim ( small grow) lmao I’m gonna try it and see what happens

Moshmen

Moshmen

How long of cure you guys cure before ya press? I feel like the sooner I press the more plant matter I get and that green taste?

Scrogster

Scrogster

I cure my flowers in masson jars with 2way 62% RH packs. I think the ROSIN is best pressed after about 3-4 weeks cure time thats just me.

FourthCity

FourthCity

With my trim it usually sits in the jars for a few months until I get a solid amount (my dry ice supplier has a 10lb/$20 min purchase). With the buds I've found that I get the cleanest, best tasting rosin when I dry ice them as soon as they are dry (before curing) and press the rosin immediately. This has given me nearly clear to bright yellow rosin that is full of flavor and incredibly potent. If I was going to press the buds directly I agree with scrogster, I would wait about a month until they are cured.

Scrogster

Scrogster

With my trim it usually sits in the jars for a few months until I get a solid amount (my dry ice supplier has a 10lb/$20 min purchase). With the buds I've found that I get the cleanest, best tasting rosin when I dry ice them as soon as they are dry (before curing) and press the rosin immediately. This has given me nearly clear to bright yellow rosin that is full of flavor and incredibly potent. If I was going to press the buds directly I agree with scrogster, I would wait about a month until they are cured.
Any pics of this almost clear rosin you speak of? Any kief I have pressed always come out on dark side and more like shatter thats pressing at around 160deg.

FourthCity

FourthCity

Any pics of this almost clear rosin you speak of? Any kief I have pressed always come out on dark side and more like shatter thats pressing at around 160deg.
Did you check my link? The pictures there are of some that falls right between the clear and yellow I was talking about. I have a few flowering ladies that I am eyeing for my next big dry ice run in addition to processing more trim and will post some pics then but it will be about a month and a half before they are ready. Like I mentioned, I can't buy less than 10lbs of dry ice at a time so I need to have about a pound of dried, uncured material to make it worthwhile, because of this I don't do it at every harvest. Last year I could get dry ice by the pound at the supermarket, it was much more convenient and I could do smaller batches but they stopped carrying it.

I think using the fresher flower keeps the rosin lighter because less of the trichomes have turned amber, separating them from the plant matter with dry ice also reduces the amount of non psychoactive contaminants that can get into and darken your rosin. I've seen youtube vids of people pressing fresh bubble hash and its even cleaner, that method is probably the best but it is a lot more work than dry ice. The plants that I let get very ripe before harvesting have rosin that is usually more on the yellow side and any plants that get harvested early produce more clear rosin. I have a few purple/purplish strains going right now and expect the anthocyanins to help me get a nice purple rosin as well but time will tell.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

How long of cure you guys cure before ya press? I feel like the sooner I press the more plant matter I get and that green taste?
I used to wait about 10 days in jars w/ Bovedas..Now with that Herb dryer..I can press immediately (or in a day to re-hydrate some moisture back)
I am still learning to use the thing, but I think that if I remove the buds a little early; the moisture will be just right.
220d F for 3 minutes. 5-6000lbs per sq inch- Finnish Frost ( the strain itself presses darker for some reason)
10 grams of flower in=2.6 grams of rosin out:) One press and no bag. I prepress with an arbor press.

Finnish Frost

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I use the boveda 62’s I’m throw some in fresh bud and see I’ve only used to rehydrate,
Thanx for the process ! I’m finding this to is sort of a art! But I like that fresh sap!

Top Bottom