ROUND 2: Ben Derdundat ,The Under Current & 30,000 watts.... The Evolution Continues

• Thread starter Ben Derdundat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
persiankid

persiankid

Here we go again... sub'd for sure.. It's like my favorite TV show just started again!

G

g-grizzle

I read through your last UC thread last night and now you are doing it again. I am so glad I will be able to go along with this one. Keep it up, your work is top notch.

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

Nice start Ben! Can't wait to see your evolution unfold again... So many cool toys, I wonder how you'll top this round... :cool

What strain or strains are you gonna run and will you be using the same nute regiment as before? :wondering

Thanks!
I will be flowering just the Skywalker O.G. Kush this round. As for my nutrients I will be running House & Garden's full line along with enough Williams Works to use it from start to finish(I was lucky enough to get more). Also I will be using Bud Blood, HPK, Great white, Protek and Cal-Mag. bd

Hey can you guys let me know where your getting that insulation wrap and how it looks so nice and like its manufactured that way on the buckets?

I get the wrap at Home Depot. Its made by Frost King. Here's a picture.

VegFlwr Rooms 091

Marvelous!!

Stupid question time....Ill start us off.....

What are those black things that are inline on the air lines I guess those are? They run right beside the return lines that go to the water pump. I notice there is like 4 on one of them and 5 on the other line?

Peace!

HaHa! Right on, thanks!
The "Black things" are ball valves for the air lines. I have upgraded the air lines that go from the valve to the air diffusers in the buckets to 3/8". The air line that goes to the diffuser in the epicenter is now 1/2". The PVC air manifold is 3/4".

Excellent work, pulling up a chair for the show. Room looks gorgeous.

Some questions.
How many cfm you runnng through those hoods.
What are the yellow gadgets with the lock cylinders and tubes? (pic 7 from top)

Cool, Thanks man!
I am moving a little over 1800cfm through my hoods in each flower room. As for the "yellow gadgets" those are the controls for the new motorized winches I installed. I rewired them with longer cords so they all could be placed next to each other on the wall. bd

Looks good as usual! Do you have a floor plan available of your room or rooms? Do you offer "Grow Room" consultations??

Thanks!
The only floor plans I have for my current rooms are in my head unfortunately. As for a grow room consultation PM me and I should be able to help you out. bd

Ben,
you got my vote as the #1 hi tech, clean and organized grow room builder on here! :character0050:

Definitely setting the bar on grow room design innovations.

I'm ready for round II. Tear it up man!

-TF

WOW, Thanks!
I would have to say the same about you. Your grow room ranks in my top 10 all time favorites. It looks like you could preform surgery in there. bd:passingjoint:

hey man nice work... cant wait to see the ladys. What nutes will you be running?

Thanks!
Still running House & Garden

Dude, even the tape on your hoods is straight, flat and even. Everything you do is so tricked out!

So you'll just be mixing in the dual arc? No testing? I know people like Jack love them and I certainly wouldn't dispute their results, but my Family Hydro friend said their testing of the Hortilux Super HPS against the Super Blue resulted in much better results with just the Super, in a side by side grow. I know you go to a different shop than I do. Have you ever talked to your Family location owner about it? I would imagine they chat amongst themselves. Makes me wonder if some strains are more into the dual arc than others or something.

Also I remember reading in another thread about your dialing in your top off tanks. Did you post anywhere how you did it and what they currently run at in comparison to the system itself? If there's a post like that, could you point me to it? Or explain here if not? Thanks much.

HaHa! Thanks, I'm a little OCD.
I made my decision to run half Dual Arcs and half HPS based on some past grows where I used MH bulbs in combination with HPS bulbs. In the past the over all yeilds were good but the quality of the bud under the MH bulbs did not match up to the bud under the HPS bulbs. Now with the Dual Arc bulbs the spectrum is more evenly distributed and the overall wattage of the MH bulbs is less then what I have used in the past. I am hoping that with this more evenly distributed spectrum and less MH light then I used in the past, that I will gain more size without hindering quality of the bud.

As for my top off tanks, that is a question more easily asked then answered.... It is an intricate dance between the tanks and the systems since the nutrient uptake and pH swing are constantly changing throughout the plants cycles. To be able to evenly balance the tanks with the systems you have to be able to know what the plants nutrient uptake and pH swing is before it happens. I am able to do this by taking very detailed daily notes and referencing them back with the daily notes I took on my previous run. At this point I have still not perfected it, but I am getting closer. I very rarely have to make adjustments to my systems and when I do I make the adjustment in the tanks which in turn slowly adjust the systems. This way the root mass isn't exposed to extreme concentrations of nutrients or pH buffers, like they would be by doing add backs directly to the systems. bd

B

biggs

your room looks seriously professional. can't wait to see some trees.

F

FatFreddysKat

Damn it.....just when I get closer to finishing your other threads you go start another......jeez........looking better than good as always Ben ....looking forward to another lovely tree farm!!!!!

O

ojd

wow man
that is one tight looking set up
man that is technical looking and sounding
i thought i could grow weed but with your sytem il be right back to square 1
very impresive bro
il be watching and reading and trying to learn how this sytem works

peace

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
you could use magnets to hold your airstones down. zip tie a straight piece to your air stone and then put one under the bucket. just make sure to get a strong enough magnet.

opt1c

opt1c

i chuck my airstones after every run and replace em with new ones; roots grab a hold of em and keep em in place no problem; you will have to cut them out of the roots if you're doing it right

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Thank you very much for the info on the insulation, is that really helping much in concert with your chilling setup that much or should I even bother? I imagine it does help keep the chiller from working AS hard. I cannot PM you can you hit me up about some more info on the Williams Wonder work stuff, I heard it was supposed to be available stateside by now.. but I find nothing. Thank you!! Set up looks amazing I hope to see some plants in their soon!!

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

The plants are out of the Veg. room and into the flower room. They are all a little over 2' tall each at this point. Here are some pictures... :character0180:bd

Day 1

Round Two 004

Round Two 001

Round Two 002

Round Two 003

Day 5

Round Two 005

Round Two 006

Round Two 009

Round Two 008

Day 6

Round Two 010

Day 7

Round Two 011

Round Two 012

Round Two 013

D

DreaminBig1207

What did you wrap the buckets with? Just set up a couple of theses evos after reading your last thread, was inspired. Running H&G as well with 4k air cooled over each system and hoping to pull half of what you did lol. Well c though. Thx

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Phenomenal skillz and dedication brah! Consistently killin' it with hard work; clearly you've been there, and done that before... Looking forward to another sick show Ben... :cool

W

wingman580

I have heard legendary results about your grow and DMC system the undercurrent. Everything looks fantastic! I am subscribed, packin some glass and I'm all in.

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

question i was wondering what kind of airstones comes with the UC system and what size if someone has a picture that would be great. the ones i have have plastic on the bottom. i was also wondering where you guys put them in the buckets?? all the way at the bottom, in the center, along the side i will be starting my grow/journal very soon and wanted to get these couple questions out of the way.. thank you for your help

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Sub'd.....you are gonna take it down again. I went to HI's and Watercooled Gardens site to get more info on the Resistat but couldn't find anything. I am really curious about these as I will be building a new room soon with a UC setup.

H

HannaMan

Hey Ben.

Out of curiosity, when using your CHILLER/COOL coil combo, are you needing a reservoir to keep water in the Chiller system??

If not, where does the water come from?

Ben Derdundat

Ben Derdundat

Thank you very much for the info on the insulation, is that really helping much in concert with your chilling setup that much or should I even bother? I imagine it does help keep the chiller from working AS hard. I cannot PM you can you hit me up about some more info on the Williams Wonder work stuff, I heard it was supposed to be available stateside by now.. but I find nothing. Thank you!! Set up looks amazing I hope to see some plants in their soon!!

No Problem.
Wraping the modules on the Under Current definably helps the chiller work less. It also keeps the modules from condensating.

As for Williams Works, I have no idea when it will be available for purchase in North America. Truthfully I don't know to much about this product really at all, except that it kicks ass in the Under Current. I gave a description of Williams Works in my last thread regarding what it does for the plants. That description was based off the information that the House & Garden rep. gave me and I'm not sure if he really knew what was in Williams Works or how it truly worked. From what I understand Wiliams Works is just out of it testing phase and House & Garden has been releasing small amounts to be tested by the consumer before it reaches market. bd

What did you wrap the buckets with? Just set up a couple of theses evos after reading your last thread, was inspired. Running H&G as well with 4k air cooled over each system and hoping to pull half of what you did lol. Well c though. Thx

I posted that information on the page before this one...:big_boss:

Phenomenal skillz and dedication brah! Consistently killin' it with hard work; clearly you've been there, and done that before... Looking forward to another sick show Ben... :cool

Right on man, Thank You!

question i was wondering what kind of airstones comes with the UC system and what size if someone has a picture that would be great. the ones i have have plastic on the bottom. i was also wondering where you guys put them in the buckets?? all the way at the bottom, in the center, along the side i will be starting my grow/journal very soon and wanted to get these couple questions out of the way.. thank you for your help

Answer: The air stones that come with the Under Current are 6" blue air stones, I'm not sure of the brand though. They are typicaly placed in the center of the modules at the bottom. My first Under Current run I used the air stones that came with the systems. This run I am using the OS-1 Oxygen Sheilds from Deep Water Innovations. bd

Sub'd.....you are gonna take it down again. I went to HI's and Watercooled Gardens site to get more info on the Resistat but couldn't find anything. I am really curious about these as I will be building a new room soon with a UC setup.

Right on!
Call Hydro Innovations and ask them about the ResiStats. They are a fairly new product and I'm not sure if they are available through their web site yet. bd

Hey Ben.

Out of curiosity, when using your CHILLER/COOL coil combo, are you needing a reservoir to keep water in the Chiller system??

If not, where does the water come from?

Yes, my 2hp chiller from Hydro Innovations comes with a 15 gallon stainless steel reservoir. I posted a few pictures in my last thread of my chiller with the side panel off to show the internal workings of my chiller. Take a look. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. bd:passingjoint:

Top Bottom