Round 2 ideas. Canopy control and drain to waste. Input requested.

• Thread starter Cort
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cort

Cort

OK, Second run. 4x4 silver addition, 1k light, Sunshine #4 with full botanicare line + MOAB and something yet to be decided upon to tighten up the nugs. Open to dumping hydroplex in favor of something else.

9 plant warrior pots. 3 gal.

1 banana OG (which cut, I dunno, was a gift)
2 bubba
4 Mendocino Madness girls from seed. All look the same pheno, we shall see.
2 Blue dreams (this is what I had on first run, so I kinda know what to expect)

First run of BD was wild and over grown because I am a noob. Smaller pots, less veg this time. I am looking to do mini scrogs or something similar on each pot. Home Depot has a small roll of material similar to chicken wire but slightly larger holes and higher gauge metal. Cant find a pic of it.

Here are my thoughts. Using bamboo (because I have it) create a 4 point support for each screen, leaving about 2-3 inches between each plants screen. Pretty sure I can make this work the way it is in my head. Im also sure this is not an original idea. Someone has done it before. Tips and tricks appreciated.

Second: Id like to make this drain to waste more efficient then round 1 where I had to take plants out of the tent every time to water/feed. I was thinking about the under bed storage totes and elevating one side just enough for liquid to run to one side for collection. Collecting the run off from a standard tray with a turkey baster don’t cut it for my schedule or body. Other suggestions that I can do cheap?

Wordy yes, Im still trying to make the ideas concrete in my own head. Any advice is welcome.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Look at how TrichromeFan has his girls set up, seriously, just FUCKING BRILLIANT solution. Seriously, the man's got a million of these tricks up his sleeves.

Second, how about simply creating a screen like this? While I can't recommend using the plastic fencing after using Hortonova (which is what I would recommend), using the PVC is incredibly easy and it fit perfectly into the holes for the shelf legs of the shelving I used. Also, I cannot recommend using the method I used for that very first ScrOG to deal with run-off -- wicks. I cut up my husband's Zorbees into strips and laid them inside the table and ran the end off over the edge and down into a bucket. It does work, but talk about a pain in the ass! Use Trichrome's trick of the corrugated plastic and gutters to handle run-off, much more practical, easier on the back and you won't use up your husband's Zorbees.

CRW 7940
CRW 7939
Cort

Cort

The gutter idea is money. I think something similar will work out for me better than those expensive under bed totes.

The scrog however... Being inside a tent I will need to be able to remove the plants one at a time as needed. My set up only allows 2 sides to be open and I will need to inspect and work on the back corner. My idea isnt necessarily to do a scrog, but use the screen as a way to control and keep the canopy even. Tomato cages on rnd1 left something to be desired.

edit: And you are right, Tricfan has some brilliant ideas. Just spent a few reading some of his threads. I had seen them before but great ideas are timeless.
Thanks for the valuable input.

Latest posts

Top Bottom