Round 2 with Mephisto and NightOwl

• Thread starter DoobieBro462
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

That sucks man, there's always next time. I'm nowhere near a precise enough gardener to even attempt coco, too finicky, and autos are also not forgiving and finicky. I like good old fashioned dirt. Currently doing my first auto and I too am not having a fantastic first experience with them. One got stuck and I had to manually remove the casing, so it got stunted obviously, the other was looking great then dropped balls at 3 weeks and I just sent him to the great weed field in the sky on Saturday. Can't win em all. My runt is looking ok now though, yours could make a comeback.
Now that I think about it. All my seedlings had helmet heads. But I removed them immediately as they sprouted so I assumed they would not be stunted. I did get really good at taking the seed coats off. So maybe that's my problem...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Now that I think about it. All my seedlings had helmet heads. But I removed them immediately as they sprouted so I assumed they would not be stunted. I did get really good at taking the seed coats off. So maybe that's my problem...
bury a bit deeper.. i rarely ever get helmet heads..

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

bury a bit deeper.. i rarely ever get helmet heads..
My RH was really low before my humidifier arrived. I thought it was the low humidity that caused the helmet head. They look a lil stretched because I had my light very high up and not turned up enough so they stretched like crazy the first week. I even went out and bought some more coco to bury them a lil more because as I water my coco gets lower and lower. But I understand exactly what you are saying. I usually bury a seed
half inch no more...

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
My RH was really low before my humidifier arrived. I thought it was the low humidity that caused the helmet head. They look a lil stretched because I had my light very high up and not turned up enough so they stretched like crazy the first week. I even went out and bought some more coco to bury them a lil more because as I water my coco gets lower and lower. But I understand exactly what you are saying. I usually bury a seed
half inch no more...
definitely a benefit burying the stem some as roots will grow from it.. stretching also could be from your ambient temp being high, so watch your light!..

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

definitely a benefit burying the stem some as roots will grow from it.. stretching also could be from your ambient temp being high, so watch your light!..
Thanks bro. I have the light as high as I can get it. Only on 20% power on a 600w light. I am going to start fresh in the morning. Even if these plants make a comeback I can still fit 2 more plants easily maybe 3.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

Update.
The bugs were eliminated and the plants stretched and started to flourish. The Mosca Skywalker BX1 is one of the biggest autos I have ever seen.
IMG 20230408 134922736

IMG 20230408 090726882

The plant in the front right is the Skywalker BX1

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

NightOwl Blue Sprayed Shoe's remix is an amazing plant. This plant has more bud sites than I know what to do with. It smells like Raspberry bubblegum and sour diesel. This plant and the Sour Stomper did a revegg where the started to flower with just a main cola then grew a shitload of side branches and started to flower again. This has been a crazy rollercoaster ride but it looks like everything will be just fine.
IMG 20230408 134910705
IMG 20230408 090744331

E

Edinburg

Autoflowers are garbage. Really wish I went with photos. And I am not talking about the quality of the end product. I am talking about autos being so finicky. You get more wiggle room with a photo imo.
I disagree if you run your autoflowers properly you do get less weed than a photoperiod but you get it faster and the quality is the same, I can run 3 autoflower runs in the time it would take to run 1 photoperiod run. But to each his own, good luck.

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

I disagree if you run your autoflowers properly you do get less weed than a photoperiod but you get it faster and the quality is the same, I can run 3 autoflower runs in the time it would take to run 1 photoperiod run. But to each his own, good luck.
Yea I was pretty disheartened when I put that.That comment is from almost 2 months ago.
I have had better luck as of late.
Maybe it's something to do with my environment but my autos seem to take 3 months. Although I stunted them my first grow. And had some pest issues this round.
My most recent bean I planted seems to be closer to the breeders timetable. These ladies have been through hell so I am just happy they look as good as they do. I am still learning.

E

Edinburg

Yea I was pretty disheartened when I put that.That comment is from almost 2 months ago.
Maybe it's something to do with my environment but my autos seem to take 3 months. Although I stunted them my first grow. And had some pest issues this round.
My most recent bean I planted seems to be closer to the breeders timetable. These ladies have been through hell so I am just happy they look as good as they do. I am still learning.
90 day's is not to bad for an auto I ran 1 120 days but it depends on the strain, the main thing with autoflowers is they do worse under full spec light bc they go into flower prematurely and possibly dwarf out this happens bc full spec light has red in the spectrum, autoflowers luv that blue ir light until you switch over to bloom, 99 percent are ment to be grown indoors not out as the sun is basically a full spectrum light and if you look at breeder info you always get less weed outside then in, so as long as your beans are good and you get them under that blue ir light they run well but yes they can be finiky ALLSO night owl are basically Methisto Genetics beans and are mostly F1 strains so sometimes they can be a bit unstable but if you get a good one it's awesome. This plant popped on valintines day flowering it now.

IMG 20230405 150713
SSgrower

SSgrower

We are "all" still learning, if I quit learning, I might quit growing. This Cannabis is a "Journey" we embark on,down the cannabis trail to sativa's & indica's and ruderalis, even mispelled. Enjoy the Journey, Cheers SSgrower

DoobieBro462

DoobieBro462

90 day's is not to bad for an auto I ran 1 120 days but it depends on the strain, the main thing with autoflowers is they do worse under full spec light bc they go into flower prematurely and possibly dwarf out this happens bc full spec light has red in the spectrum, autoflowers luv that blue ir light until you switch over to bloom, 99 percent are ment to be grown indoors not out as the sun is basically a full spectrum light and if you look at breeder info you always get less weed outside then in, so as long as your beans are good and you get them under that blue ir light they run well but yes they can be finiky ALLSO night owl are basically Methisto Genetics beans and are mostly F1 strains so sometimes they can be a bit unstable but if you get a good one it's awesome. This plant popped on valintines day flowering it now.
I have a Hlg 600rspec so that might have something to do with them taking longer than expected. I am going to get a light with some blue in the spectrum for seedlings and veg. Some of my plants get really stretchy because of the rspec.

Top Bottom