Round 2

• Thread starter Rolandomota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Very nice indeed mate but I think your plants would respond to being up off tent floor creat an air gap under them warmer dryer roots aids in plant health @Dr.B he just made up the simplest rack of all it will aid in your drainage which is part of your plants problems . Just a friendly tip . Regards OD.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Very nice indeed mate but I think your plants would respond to being up off tent floor creat an air gap under them warmer dryer roots aids in plant health @Dr.B he just made up the simplest rack of all it will aid in your drainage which is part of your plants problems . Just a friendly tip . Regards OD.
Here’s how I set mine up I stole my wife’s cake cooling trays sprayed them white up turned square pots layer out the racks whacked the plants in drip drays with pot risers to keep plant up out of run off . Hope you don’t mind the pic mate . Od

6C306D48 AA12 4971 A19C 2300DA2281EF
Rolandomota

Rolandomota

Thanks bud I'll look into it

Dr.B

Dr.B

I think I'm in love with it...

IMG 20200627 120614
IMG 20200627 120622
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I think I'm in love with it...
I can see milk creates all over the world about to be turned into this fantastic grow hack .... I’m of to the local corner shop to nab a few of them ..... ssssshhhhhh don’t tell anyone it’s a secret ... good hack @Dr.B . I’m glad I planted the seed in your brain . Od .

Dr.B

Dr.B

I can see milk creates all over the world about to be turned into this fantastic grow hack .... I’m of to the local corner shop to nab a few of them ..... ssssshhhhhh don’t tell anyone it’s a secret ... good hack @Dr.B . I’m glad I planted the seed in your brain . Od .
I kind of had the same thought... 💡!!!
🤣🤣🤣

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I dont get the lifting the pots with a rack or the little stand they make for in the saucer.

I leave the runoff for 10 or 20 minutes so the plant can drink the wasted nutes. Or conversely if a plant is too high in nutrients i take the runoff out immediately with a turkey baster.

I would never leave standing water in my room past those situations so what is the stand for?

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
It’s to help keep roots stay warmer n dryer and helps air prune the roots , yes I never leave run off in my drip trays I empty straight after the finish draining , I’ve been a horticulturist for many years and worked in nursery’s and have seen the benefits of this practice , my growing space gets cold in winter and with this method my root area is at least 3 to 5 degrees c warmer than being left on tent floor . I know I sound like a broken record every time i bring it up sorry it’s just a easy grow hack that works for me and it cost nothing . Od .

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It’s to help keep roots stay warmer n dryer and helps air prune the roots , yes I never leave run off in my drip trays I empty straight after the finish draining , I’ve been a horticulturist for many years and worked in nursery’s and have seen the benefits of this practice , my growing space gets cold in winter and with this method my root area is at least 3 to 5 degrees c warmer than being left on tent floor . I know I sound like a broken record every time i bring it up sorry it’s just a easy grow hack that works for me and it cost nothing . Od .

Thank you that makes sense. I use plant stands and keep the lamps fixed up high so they are never directly on my cold floor.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thank you that makes sense. I use plant stands and keep the lamps fixed up high so they are never directly on my cold floor.
Sounds great this morning in the shed with lights out I’m down to 13 deg c in tents ant that’s with heater running we just had big frost last night and mt shed door is frozen shut on the outside time to get the warm water out to melt the ice to get in ... going to set up my old electric blankets to drape over my tents run them as well in lights out mode , that’s the big reason I get them up off the cold floor it sucks the heat out of them I’ve had root problems before I instated this method . Od .

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I bought a couple of them for that purpose but I try to not water until runoff. If I do get runoff I do what MIMed does and let them sip it back up. It's usually very little. I was wondering if I need to for the air prune aspect though. I bought them so I will try it next round.
20200627 164925

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I always water to at least 20% runoff
I am using Earth Dust soil ammendment from The Green Sunshine company. They instructed not to water until runoff. It goes against the grain of everything I have learned here so far lol. Keep soil moist, not let it dry completely, and no R U N N O F T..... HA! but the results speak for themselves. I am sold.....so far. Although I am not really LEARNING anything about growing weed. I can say it's kinda perfect me. I don't want to screw with constantly mixing nutes.

Top Bottom