Rumors...

• Thread starter The Terps
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Terps

The Terps

You guessed it! I wanted a place where I could get insider info on nutes, lights, soil blends, new pesticides, and new stains. Just keep it related to our industry.
So rumors seem to always find my ear and I figured I'd share it with y'all. I like info of all sorts and

I like to think I do an alright job of filtering info. So just remember things aren't always true even if the poster truly believes it to be. I guess what I'm getting at is take it with a grain of salt.

So I'm going to start with some facts...
H&G is moving to the USA.
Stock of their base and bud xl is limited and stores in my area are limited on how much we can order so if those are products you can't live without Id get a little extra next time your at your store.
Rumors...
They will source the same salts and even use the same water. Apparently a lot of the staff is moving over as well and I don't blame them holland is doing some crazy shit about equipment over their now.
They expect to be short on said products for the next 3-4 months.

S

Seed Buyer

Pretty sure H&G doesn't really sell well in the European market and the North American market is what keeps it afloat. Once we started stocking Canna at our store we could not give the H&G away at cost. We have the stuff marked down to wholesale cost and peeps still don't gravitate towards it. I don't think Humboldt wholesale is limiting the amount you can buy, I would imagine they are looking for as much capital as they can get right now.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I kept hearing of gavita making a 315CMH fixture that would work with the e-series controllers but apparently just another rumor,here is the response i got when i inquired,
Dear XXX,
We don't see any interests in the 315CMH fixtures.
We have done a lot of testing with it but it's not efficient enough to be interested and it adds nothing to what we are selling right now.
We do offer plasma system that is much more effiecient and has the widest spectrum including UV-A and UV-B.
See attachment.

Best regards, met vriendelijke groet,

Yuri Kenter

The Terps

The Terps

@Seed Buyer that info on rationing came from the h&g rep (Andrew) only yesterday. It wasn't the fact they didn't want to make money just simply don't have enough to meet their current demand until the new facility is built.

@fishwhistle that kinda makes sense but as a consumer I'd rather save the extra 400$ with a cmh I'll ask next time I see the gavita guy

The Terps

The Terps

Honestly I feel like plasmas priced themselves out of the market I don't know anyone who uses them and our store hasn't seen interest which really surprises me considering we have sold some crazy expensive led systems

S

Seed Buyer

The terps...you can have my ration of H&G ;)

Lots of shake up in the industry right now. Between the dutch cleaning house and GH selling to Scotts/Miracle Grow.

The Terps

The Terps

Thanks seed buyer but I'm actually not the biggest fan of h&g too many bottles I hadn't heard that about gh seems to be crazy to be true. Monsanto gets two thumbs way down from the terps.

Let's see if that gh keeps their same formulas and prices

F

FooDoo

The owner of Botanicare, Treg Bradley, just sent out a scathing email to the industry about his position on the GH sell and how his company is never gonna go that route. I would imagine other companies making 3 parts like Cutting Edge are stoked with the news as it might inflate their sales.

Doubt it. As a loyal GH user for 13 years who then tried to look into other options after the buy out, cutting edge wasn't even a blimp on the radar. They just don't have what it takes to compete. And I'm talking business to consumer aspect. Labeling, advertising, website design etc. Their bottles look so cheap, that little leaf that some 5 year old drew. No ones gonna buy that. The human brain is so complex yet straight forward at the same time, people buy what looks appealing to them. That's why extensive amount of money and research goes into labeling.

GH will be in every Walmart/home depot/Lowes etc next to miracle grow and weed be gone. 45 year old mothers will be buying this stuff up now along side 65 year old grandmother's. GH will crush it by getting their product to the people that would have never ever ever stepped foot near a hydro store

Personally, I wish GH didn't sell,but I'm neither dumb nor ignorant to the fact its going to make GH as recognizable as coca cola to every average American.

S

Seed Buyer

I would not consider GH to big to fail. Why do you think they came out with the "Duo" 2 part a few years ago? It was because the Canna's and H&G 2 parts were taking a large part of their sales. GH just came out with a "Coco" 2 part as well for the same reason. GH did not want to have to make those lines but had to in order to regain customers they had lost. When I opened my shop 13 years ago there was GH, Botanicare (think it was called Amercian Agrotech back then), Ionic and BC Technaflora making hydro formulas. Now the fert market is just out of control.

PS - Cutting Edge has new labels now that look much better. I still give Nectar for the Gods the gold medal for worst label designs. If you stare at a shelf of it long enough you might have a seizure.

F

FooDoo

Isn't too big to fail? Lol.. Guess small guys are affording jets and guess they're so unprofitable that's why Scotts decided they needed to spend multi millions on them?

They came out with duo and coco tek because consumers are idiots and they knew that a coco user needed to see the words "coco" on their bottle in order to use it.

Look at CCh2o selling people watered down bleach at $100+ a gallon and calling it UC roots. People are dumb, these companies dont simply take advantage of that but also need to cater to that stupidity. If they have to take the same exact flora nutrient and simply put a new label on it that says coco to sell to coco users, they're going to do it.

This conversation is moot anyway. Enjoy your new labels

S

Seed Buyer

I have heard whispers that Royal Gold ( makers of Basement Mix, Tupur and Mendo Mix) also make/manufacture/bag Aurora Innovations (Roots Organics) soils for them. Also understand they mix/bag Botanicares grow mediums as well.

S

Seed Buyer

Royal Gold told me they do NOT make the roots organic mediums. Rumors are always abound in this industry.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Honestly I feel like plasmas priced themselves out of the market I don't know anyone who uses them and our store hasn't seen interest which really surprises me considering we have sold some crazy expensive led systems
I'll have to find the thread, but there's a cat in Canada who was using plasmas to grow mangroves as part of his reef system filtration. Unfortunately, the main display of something like 1,500 gallons blew out (built by the outfit featured in "Tanked") so there's been a bit of a setback.

After switching to LED lighting for the mangroves, he saw a VAST improvement in growth. This really caught my eye because we're talking not just about a tree here, but a tropical flowering plant. I'm trying to find the specific post but there's a lot to go through. It can be found somewhere in the pages here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2096730

Top Bottom