Running tea long term vs. Sterile

• Thread starter Juzam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I use it from baby to end of term. IN every system I run. I wont go back. This is too easy for now and the plants tell me they like it. I'm about to add some in all systems today actually. Ill take a picture of my roots while Im in there and post here.

I read elsewhere that putting a light over your tea brewer is helpful, but that seems odd to me, considering we're talking about a totally dark environment. Do you do this with any of your paks? Maybe the foliar one?

Camnibus

Camnibus

Plain ole ewc tea works wonders, add some ancient forest for additional trace minerals and you're all set.

H

hogan400

Alright, thanks CAP.

On another note. I brewed my first batch tonight. 5 gal bucket almost full of r.o. water (ph6.2). Used an airstone outlet off my alita and it was bubbling real strong. I added 3 handfuls of wonder worm castings to a new clean sock, 30 ml of aquashield and 2 tblspoons of hibrix. In the first couple hours it foamed almost as much as zone does.
Came home tonight, 9hrs later and no foam at all? What am I doing wrong or do I need to wait longer for the foam to return?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Alright, thanks CAP.

On another note. I brewed my first batch tonight. 5 gal bucket almost full of r.o. water (ph6.2). Used an airstone outlet off my alita and it was bubbling real strong. I added 3 handfuls of wonder worm castings to a new clean sock, 30 ml of aquashield and 2 tblspoons of hibrix. In the first couple hours it foamed almost as much as zone does.
Came home tonight, 9hrs later and no foam at all? What am I doing wrong or do I need to wait longer for the foam to return?

what did you give the microherd for food?

H

hogan400

Tea looks funky fer sure. Good luck and I appreciate you helping and popping in on my thread every so often. I cant have anymore issues so im rolling coco for a round or three... unless this solves my Uc problem immediately in my troubleshooter system!!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Tea looks funky fer sure. Good luck and I appreciate you helping and popping in on my thread every so often. I cant have anymore issues so im rolling coco for a round or three... unless this solves my Uc problem immediately in my troubleshooter system!!

what's the water temp in your UC? I wonder if the cold temps help the bennies, because cold water holds more dissolved oxygen than warm water does. Does anyone know about this one way or another?

organicness

organicness

Colder temps will hinder the bennies growth. They like it a li'l warm, 70-75. My water was around 53 degrees and was taking FOREVER to get some foam. Now the water is around 68 and the foam comes on faster. I've been using the tea for a solid 5-6 weeks now in everything from the cloner to the veg to flower system. I won't NOT do tea again. Seeing the roots that it helps to put out is amazing. Im trying to get a few friends to go in on some of Caps bennies 'cause I just can't afford it all right now, so hopefully later in the spring time I'll have the extra money to grab some with them. Right now Im using Ancient Forest, Molasses, and Biotone Start Plus.

H

hogan400

organicness, where is the earth worm castings in your tea? Did you not list it, or is it in the ancient forest and I missed it? My bucket is pretty warm...78

ttystikk

ttystikk

Colder temps will hinder the bennies growth. They like it a li'l warm, 70-75. My water was around 53 degrees and was taking FOREVER to get some foam. Now the water is around 68 and the foam comes on faster. I've been using the tea for a solid 5-6 weeks now in everything from the cloner to the veg to flower system. I won't NOT do tea again. Seeing the roots that it helps to put out is amazing. Im trying to get a few friends to go in on some of Caps bennies 'cause I just can't afford it all right now, so hopefully later in the spring time I'll have the extra money to grab some with them. Right now Im using Ancient Forest, Molasses, and Biotone Start Plus.

Are you in soil, or hydro? If hydro, what type? The temps I was referring to above were for water temps in a UC style RDWC setup. My water runs at 62-64 very consistently, and the plants seem to like it. I would expect stunting and slow growth too if I tried to run my system at 53.

organicness

organicness

Are you in soil, or hydro? If hydro, what type? The temps I was referring to above were for water temps in a UC style RDWC setup. My water runs at 62-64 very consistently, and the plants seem to like it. I would expect stunting and slow growth too if I tried to run my system at 53.

I was just talking about my tea bucket temps.

H

hogan400

I added the teasince it foamed up a little and smelled of earth, and in my buckets I have some slimy build up on the side walls at the water level. The water has a funky smell and my cloudiness is still there.... On a positive note, roots are starting to grow and plants are looking greener and reaching for a little light.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I added the teasince it foamed up a little and smelled of earth, and in my buckets I have some slimy build up on the side walls at the water level. The water has a funky smell and my cloudiness is still there.... On a positive note, roots are starting to grow and plants are looking greener and reaching for a little light.

Sounds like it's starting to do its thing. The updates are appreciated, thanks and keep 'em coming, Hogan!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Next time you brew tea drop the aquashield. Use only the root and foliar and add 50-100mL of hibrix and 1-2 cups EWC. brew 24 hours and no more. you should have foam. Apply 1 cup/5 gallons.

If you have a fishy smell you may want to try the mr dizzle 1-2 knockout punch with physan and hydrofungicide. Just be careful with the physan!

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Whats that about fishy smell? I have been running tea constantly and recently noticed a slight creek/fishy smell. Just changed the rez this morn and will have to see what comes of it. Does anyone know what the fishy smell indicates? Basically some build up of fungus in buckets? I would like to get rid of it if it comes back...

PB

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
It should not smell like an aquarium that has gone funky.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Next time you brew tea drop the aquashield. Use only the root and foliar and add 50-100mL of hibrix and 1-2 cups EWC. brew 24 hours and no more. you should have foam. Apply 1 cup/5 gallons.

If you have a fishy smell you may want to try the mr dizzle 1-2 knockout punch with physan and hydrofungicide. Just be careful with the physan!
hey cap.. can i ask why drop the aquashield?...i just made a batch, and thought i would try some in my tea. was that a bad idea??

Top Bottom