Runoff EC always creeping up

• Thread starter growlo_b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

And one more thing many don’t know. Coco has bugs that can’t really be seen. I throw my bags 10 at a time into my deep freezer. It kills any and all bugs that are collected in the bagging process.
Or buy RHP certified coco...

Enforcer

Enforcer

Hey just some food for thought:
Try canna nutes. Specifically designed for coco
And buy 2 meters. Coco is very ph strict so precise ph is a must. 2 meters leaves no doubt. Feed from the bottom not the top. A few reasons why. No bugs can lay eggs in your medium & don’t say you don’t have bugs cause we all have em. And let the plant uptake nutes don’t force feed coco or use any auto watering method it’s a waste of nutrients and a lazy way to grow in coco. Feed coco by the weight of your plant. If it’s heavy it doesn’t need watered. If it’s light depending on size could be disastrous. Never let coco go too long without water when the plant is in flowering. They can really drink. Example: starting week 5 of my gelato flowering I have to feed morning and evening they drink that much. Only strain I’ve had to feed twice a day in flowering

I don’t think there is a “right” way to grow in coco. However, there are some ways that are more effective than others. Auto drippers are not “lazy”. They are the most effective way to reliably deliver nutrients to the pots consistently. The plants will become accustomed to multiple daily feeds and growth increases. I have a lot of pictures to prove this if you’d care to compare plants?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
How much K are you running? Boosters?

Edit: Saw jacks. Are you running strait 3-2-1?

Bill goes into a little of this in this thread.

Last edited:
savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
Auto dripper or any water delivery hose has to be cleaned from the inside after 2 weeks of use due to the toxic buildup left inside

Enforcer

Enforcer

Auto dripper or any water delivery hose has to be cleaned from the inside after 2 weeks of use due to the toxic buildup left inside
This is complete BS. Clean your system after every run and you won’t have any issues with the lines.

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
What do you think sits in the inside of those tubes or hose. Buildup. Has to be cleaned every two weeks. Hard water is even worse

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
I’ll shoot a video next time I clean my hoses. I’ll show you what nasty is.

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
I'm not gonna say anything. I think the results say enough but not in positive way.
Right tons of bugs and brown leaves. And the bud looks trashy too
0173A7FD 599F 4686 B100 BA20D29B169F

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
Your the closet grower looking for advice in something you know nothing about. And you will continue to look for help you don’t want. Have fun with your 3 ounces

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your the closet grower looking for advice in something you know nothing about. And you will continue to look for help you don’t want. Have fun with your 3 ounces
Smh... if your gonna grow like soil why not grow in soil?

I mean yes you can treat it like soil and get soil like results or treat it like soulless and get much better results. The CEC and air holding capacity of coco are far far better suited to a hydro type grow and will give far superior results when treated as such.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Hey just some food for thought:
Try canna nutes. Specifically designed for coco
And buy 2 meters. Coco is very ph strict so precise ph is a must. 2 meters leaves no doubt. Feed from the bottom not the top. A few reasons why. No bugs can lay eggs in your medium & don’t say you don’t have bugs cause we all have em. And let the plant uptake nutes don’t force feed coco or use any auto watering method it’s a waste of nutrients and a lazy way to grow in coco. Feed coco by the weight of your plant. If it’s heavy it doesn’t need watered. If it’s light depending on size could be disastrous. Never let coco go too long without water when the plant is in flowering. They can really drink. Example: starting week 5 of my gelato flowering I have to feed morning and evening they drink that much. Only strain I’ve had to feed twice a day in flowering

That all holds true for the style of growing you are doing in big pots. If I only feed my plants 1 or 2 times a day in flower or when they got dry, they would be dead in 24 hrs.

You might want to check calling it the lazy aspect of auto watering it tho. Labor and plant count is a thing. Also tuning your grows is a thing. A lot harder to do when not automated. You also get to a point where watering takes up all your time where you could be taking care of plants. Maybe your plants are off site somewhere. Maybe you work 60 hrs a week and don't do this full time. Maybe you aren't or can't be there when the lights first come on. Every situation is different. Under 100 plants sure. 600 plus plants......you're a sadist if you hand water. Period. :D

Remember its not a dick measuring contest. There is 3 plant LED grows in 10 gal pots up to 100 light grows with 1000's of plants in 1 gals all going on in the same discussions. Not everything holds true for specific applications.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Haha, you wish you could pull the weight I do per light. And I guarantee mine tastes / smells better. I’m just trying to help out the OP. It’s up to him to decide which method is right for him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom