• Thread starter growlo_b
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
Genesee county compassion club (G3C)
Since09
Where were you? Hiding until about 2016 like everyone else. And if you get 20lbs on 9 lights your a badass like me but I doubt it.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Your the closet grower looking for advice in something you know nothing about. And you will continue to look for help you don’t want. Have fun with your 3 ounces

LMFAO it only took 4 posts for the name calling to come out. GJ now no one will listen to a word you say 😂

Support what you are saying and people will listen. It's all about discussion whether you agree or disagree. Call names and everyone will think your IG name is @Imdaplughitmeupforloudpacksandcartsonthelow and giggle.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Genesee county compassion club (G3C)
Since09
Where were you? Hiding until about 2016 like everyone else. And if you get 20lbs on 9 lights your a badass like me but I doubt it.
Ok you win. I could make up some numbers too but what’s the point. The OP has seen your plants and mine. He can decide what he wants to do. Why are you selling this so hard?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its normal for ppl to get defensive but if you know something that the world doesn't please share and support it. Not just make a claim then resort to name calling. Most of us here just write off ppl like that because they don't have the ability to communicate or have an intelligent conversation.

I dont blame you for being defensive but hey are you seriously telling me those pplants aren't cooked?

Show some supporting evidence of your claims. Maybe its your nutrients that are causing clogging lines etc. Who knows?

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
Cooked? They are in week9 of flowering and you can’t show me a brown leaf. Cooked 😂

savagenovelties

savagenovelties

Supporter
I’m out of here for better conversation. Cooked 😂

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m out of here for better conversation. Cooked 😂
They are dark green af way over nuted possibly from let it dry out to much as the solution becomes more concentrated in media. They are crispy af as seen by the brittle curled edges. Cooked... how else would you describe it?

Think I'm aboit done this intelligent convo. Keep on keeping on bud

lilnew

lilnew

That all holds true for the style of growing you are doing in big pots. If I only feed my plants 1 or 2 times a day in flower or when they got dry, they would be dead in 24 hrs.

You might want to check calling it the lazy aspect of auto watering it tho. Labor and plant count is a thing. Also tuning your grows is a thing. A lot harder to do when not automated. You also get to a point where watering takes up all your time where you could be taking care of plants. Maybe your plants are off site somewhere. Maybe you work 60 hrs a week and don't do this full time. Maybe you aren't or can't be there when the lights first come on. Every situation is different. Under 100 plants sure. 600 plus plants......you're a sadist if you hand water. Period. :D

Remember its not a dick measuring contest. There is 3 plant LED grows in 10 gal pots up to 100 light grows with 1000's of plants in 1 gals all going on in the same discussions. Not everything holds true for specific applications.
ya...imagine if i had to hand water all 700 plants by hand...i would shoot myself...lol

Roadblock

Roadblock

EC in, Flow rate/volume gives EC out , if the flow is not enough the EC out will rise, if irrigations are not frequent enough it will also rise.

Ive gone from Coco to RDWC and the first thing I learned is how they dont need high EC Im down to 350ppm mid flower and they happy over 400 they burn, had a crop finish at 5wks because the EC was 600 which browned the pistils off and stalled growth, the other thing Im seeing is they feed continually 24/7 , there is a sweet spot where the plants are in balance and your readings are very stable and this has to be dialed in for strain and environment, what numbers work for one guy can wreck another guys crop so be careful with what goes in the tank.

With Coco I ran 600 to 800 ppm and ran the flow rate to where the out equaled the in, and if it went up added more irrigation cycles, if it went down could lower the number of cycles or raise the EC a little.

Here is a great article with a lot of information on management of the nutrient system and how the plant uses it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks for all of the tips people! I’m just about wrapped up on this run but I’m going to go substantially lower on the EC for the next run and see where things go.
Good plan. This is probably the most informative site on coco you (well i) have found.

growlo_b

growlo_b

I’m growing the same way. I think your EC is a little high. I would recommend bringing it down to 1.0. I think 4x a day is fine. I’ve done up to 6x a day in 3gal fabric pots. Yucca is great as a surfactant. It’s just a pain to mix in powder form. I mix the powder into a small amount of warm water to dissolve the powder, then add to the res.

For salt buildup, which I feel does happen to some degree no matter how many times you fertigate. I use Recharge once a week by hand. Just RO water, about 150ppm of calmag, and the microbes. Flush all the pots well and then I resume normal auto feeding. This once a week treat does two things for me. Keeps the EC of the coco low, and introduces beneficial microbes to the root zone. The plants love it.

Nice, yeah I use recharge too but I was just hand watering it with some of the existing feed solution from the reservoir. I like the idea of making this a weekly flush with just RO water and calmag.

I’ve also started using SLF-100 to help break down the salts. Maybe a little of this in the flush mix would be good too.

lilnew

lilnew

hey bro, the important thing is you gotta make sure you got enough runoff each time you irrigate, with the auto watering system you have to be precise about how much you water....if you irrigate 4X a day with the right amount i really don't see how you could get the EC so high

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

EC in, Flow rate/volume gives EC out , if the flow is not enough the EC out will rise, if irrigations are not frequent enough it will also rise.

Ive gone from Coco to RDWC and the first thing I learned is how they dont need high EC Im down to 350ppm mid flower and they happy over 400 they burn, had a crop finish at 5wks because the EC was 600 which browned the pistils off and stalled growth, the other thing Im seeing is they feed continually 24/7 , there is a sweet spot where the plants are in balance and your readings are very stable and this has to be dialed in for strain and environment, what numbers work for one guy can wreck another guys crop so be careful with what goes in the tank.

With Coco I ran 600 to 800 ppm and ran the flow rate to where the out equaled the in, and if it went up added more irrigation cycles, if it went down could lower the number of cycles or raise the EC a little.

Here is a great article with a lot of information on management of the nutrient system and how the plant uses it.
Agree with everything here 100% except they only feed with lights on in the terms we think of

Roadblock

Roadblock

Agree with everything here 100% except they only feed with lights on in the terms we think of

Im seeing the EC go down over night, Im thinking they use some for repair Im not sure how it works only that the EC is changing at night as well as at the end of their day , I check every 12 hours mine definitely doesn't sit constant during lights out cycle.

cheers

lilnew

lilnew

Here you go!
  • 4 site setup
  • Floraflex matrix drippers
  • 25 gallon res
  • Auto-pumping drain system with waste bucket

More pics on my Instagram if you are interested: @growlo_b
i originally though maybe it might be the container sitting in the run off causing the salt buildup, but i guess that's not the issue...how long does it take you to do one feeding?

Latest posts

Top Bottom