russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
You can spray to harvest, but be careful of botrytis!
Thanks cap
botrytis/bud rot sucks ,,,but, myself,
I would rather risk it, than let the worms get in my buds..
I spray my buds every summer with BT and I also spray Spinosad on the buds
Matter of fact, I'm going to start with the spinosad tonight :)

I still have Priate bugs :) hope the spinosad doesn't hurt em
Stw816

.................................................:)See him?^^
All my plants are looking good:D..​
But, im not going to claim victory for a few more weeks yet.;)

Aligee

Aligee

Thanks cap
botrytis/bud rot sucks ,,,but, myself,
I would rather risk it, than let the worms get in my buds..
I spray my buds every summer with BT and I also spray Spinosad on the buds
Matter of fact, I'm going to start with the spinosad tonight :)

I still have Priate bugs :) hope the spinosad doesn't hurt em
View attachment 433319
.................................................:)See him?^^
All my plants are looking good:D..​
But, im not going to claim victory for a few more weeks yet.;)
Your definantly Winning Ken! sucks but experience is the best knowledge!Lots of good info in here now for everyone to learn from!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Your definantly Winning Ken! sucks but experience is the best knowledge!Lots of good info in here now for everyone to learn from!
:D Thanks Aligee
Your Sour Trainwrecks are gunna be Bomb!! :woot:
that's one in that pic ^

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

@619ster i have never seen anyone who has won via organic methods

So far I have done it organically. I think Sungrown did too, if I remember right he only used the Met52. And it worked quick. I have been scoping daily and the bugs are dead. :) Saw immediate results with some movement the next day but much slower. Sprayed again. Then saw no movement and lots of dead bugs. Now I am seeing less dead bugs. Not sure if they just dry up and fall off or what but I'm okay with it. :p Seeing new, healthy growth, fresh pistils, life is good.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This is one of the small plants I was lite depping when I fist noticed I had a problem. It's a Sour Strawberry Kush
Ssk816

It really smells like strawberries!

Im really glad I was Lite depping !! Because thats where i saw it first
They were flowering and the pistols were dieing..and the calyxes where purple. I thought I had just over fed them..and I was flushing them hard and thinking they were getting better :confused:

Then, I noticed the same shit on my full season plants!! all of em!!
and the taco leaf too!:eek: I was shitting a brick :dead:

Thankfully, I came here and posted and the Farm fam gave me tons of support, advice and good karma!

Thanks Everyone!

venial

venial

to anyone who replied I have only see photos from ken who i can confirm has the same mite, I'm not saying the rest of you didn't have pest issues but no pictures to confirm said infection, so please post pics for proof of infestation then problem solved pics, until then i can only confirm ken has these same issues but much love and luck to all !

venial

venial

yes i agree I'm not here to outwit anyone i just came here for help with an issue to not be judged, i tired all organic methods that i had access too readily and until i see photos of said damage by said mite ken is the only one i can take seriously here no offense to anyone else in the thread but its all just speculation if you haven't posted anything proving you are battling the mite.

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

yes i agree I'm not here to outwit anyone i just came here for help with an issue to not be judged, i tired all organic methods that i had access too readily and until i see photos of said damage by said mite ken is the only one i can take seriously here no offense to anyone else in the thread but its all just speculation if you haven't posted anything proving you are battling the mite.

I DID post pics of my garden and close up of damage. - pg 22. I didn't see anyone pass judgement on you here but perhaps I missed something. I thought everyone was simply posting what they used that worked for THEM - organic or not so that others could see our varied experiences and choose for themselves how they wanted to proceed. Because my report was on my organic methods was not a sermon about how everyone should do what I do. But it might resonate with a traveler who stops here needing some help and wants organic methods. Others posted what chems worked for them and that will resonate with someone else. From what I got from this thread, it was to help everyone. Hence the variety of growers and methods. I could care less whether anyone takes me serious or not. I am not out to impress anyone. I came here for help. Received it. Shared my experience. Simple as that.

venial

venial

even tho this is my first year i have a lot of experience with said mite, it has effect a grower who is in his later years and has little energy for methods that don't work, out of my group of friends and close circle he was the first to identify the hemp russet mite as the issue in our group of friends 3 years ago and has been free of the mite for 2 years until he got a sour d clone from me this year, he was the one who informed me that i had spread the mite to him. i said I had learned from this thread that abamectin and forbid worked via ken so i tried it, and offered him 2 gallons of my mix - 1.6ml of forbid 1.6ml of timectin and 2 tablespoons of earth juice assist wetting agent and he told me his mites were dead and was thankful i had the extra mix left over. props to anyone who had met52 or ogbiowar at hands reach and it worked however this was all i had access too within 72 hours of identifying said mite and was confident it worked. he called me this mourning and said great mix it killed the russets although he wasn't proud of spraying it on his plant he said it worked for sure and him already having the issue of russet mite and not being able to kill it I'm convinced it works so different strokes for different folks

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
LOL, I knew I would laugh when I clicked on the notice to your reply here!

I am literally belly laughing, go with it brother, trying to plan life is well, trying to plan life....go with it

You can bitch slap me if you wana
:) No big deal man..
But dont pis the mods off here in this thread,,
Im hoping they will clean it up after we are done..maybe.

venial

venial

happy hunting friends as i said this is quite the pest to be bothered so absorb all information from everyone and decide what best works for you, much love to all who have contributed and helped me defeat these mites for they can truly ruin a harvest you may be relying on. much love and respect too all!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ill clean the shit out of this thread if you need me to Ken. Last few pages are not good reading. At all.

Just say the word and the magic wand will start zapping posts. Ban hammer might drop on some heads too.

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Discovered something that might be of interest. As reported on my last spray I used a paint sprayer - an old professional electric one that had 3300 psi (or was it 3600?). Anywho, I have no live bugs on my plants. Hubs on the other hand, used the hand pump sprayer that takes forever to get good coverage but he spent a couple hours spraying his garden. He brought me a couple of samples yesterday and there were still live bugs crawling around. Dead ones too, but live bugs which I did not have on mine. So, knowing what a perfectionist he is and how thorough he likely coated his girls, I am wondering if the efficiency of the paint sprayer over the hand pump unit made a huge difference in getting these bugs. What do you think?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hmm..Maybe you just got better coverage?
You were both Using Caps Bio war?
But wow..3300 psi would blast the bugs right off! :)
I wonder what 3000psi does to the Micro bennies thougho_O
The Met 52 says not to spray with more than 400psi(or was it 200?)
my sprayer say it 22oo max..but you can turn it way down for hooking to a roller
So Turned my sprayer down as low as it would go for the Met.
But Cap said in another thread that His Bio war would be fine though a paint gun....but we were talking about a handheld.
All that being said...The Bio war Foliar worked for you..right?
I sprayed a pound of it..twice myself...lol..Im out or I would still be spraying it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom