russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
venial

venial

yes i agree i use an atomizer and I think just the sheer velocity of the smaller particles also knocks em off its like shooting one round slug at some one as oppose to a buck shot and awesome pics ken and info thanks again all i still can not see the spread i have no scoped gonna try and atomize them all tonight to rinse them off and will post updates as they come in!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Pack o marlboros and ten joints a day keeps the shrink away ;)

Hard work good and hard work fine, But 1st ,
Take care of your head! :)
Remember what the door man said ;) And I'm at about a pack and a half a day or 3 if you count the mrs - translation 700 a pack or 500 a month but I did quit for 4 hrs today ....lol

soserthc1

soserthc1

It was great to chat with you Canna!
(wish it coulda been about some thing else though)

Camaraderie is what this place is about for me.
The dick swinging is funny..and I try not to let that bother me...or the trolls.
But I will be here because I dont have much of a life:depressed:
...Im a homebody..my pets and plants, my lovely wife are my life
and my cyber friends in this computer.;)
This and health is all you really need sir , consider yourself a lucky man , people are over rated except for my buddy with the boat ;)

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Hmm..Maybe you just got better coverage?
You were both Using Caps Bio war?
But wow..3300 psi would blast the bugs right off! :)
I wonder what 3000psi does to the Micro bennies thougho_O
The Met 52 says not to spray with more than 400psi(or was it 200?)
my sprayer say it 22oo max..but you can turn it way down for hooking to a roller
So Turned my sprayer down as low as it would go for the Met.
But Cap said in another thread that His Bio war would be fine though a paint gun....but we were talking about a handheld.
All that being said...The Bio war Foliar worked for you..right?
I sprayed a pound of it..twice myself...lol..Im out or I would still be spraying it.

@caregiverken I wondered too if that much psi would damage the microbes. But so far, my plants are more bug free than his. And the bugs left on there were quite dead. :D Yes, we sprayed the same OGB Foliar solution. Only diff was the delivery. I did think I was probably blowing a lot of bugs off and to their death with the sheer force of the spray. (It was so much fun! The little bastards!) But I did do the first spray with the hand pump sprayer and did see a lot of dead bugs afterwards so I assume it was those dead ones that got blown off? I would not use that high psi much further in flower though. I'd be afraid of blowing trichs off too! :eek: For the duration of this crop I'll use a softer approach. Hubs took the power sprayer to his garden and blasted them full force after we saw the difference. He had dead bugs too prior to that but more live ones than I do. I haven't found another live one yet. I am still spraying every few days just to be sure. Seeing new white pistils and leaves and buds plumping up quite nicely. Color me HAPPY! :joyful:

How about you? Are you still bug free? Has everyone battling this pest on this thread been successful? Hoping this is so.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@CannaCrone :) Thats Good news!
I Cant Find any mites on mine either :D
And No signs of new damage or stress..
The old damage is still visible..
BubbaOG821

but the plants seem to be thriving again

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

I'd say you are out of the woods, Cool.

I sure hope so but I am not letting down my guard. Going to keep spraying with OGBiowar and/or Met52 until near harvest. I'm scared now. These little effers had the potential to ruin me and I'm not taking any chances. I've been doing this for some time and NEVER have I had problems to speak of until the last 2-3 years. Not sure why that is. Maybe the number of people growing and not getting on top of shit when it happens and then it spreads? (I've seen some pretty awful looking grows.) Or maybe climate change and drought? Or? But this has changed my way of doing things from here on out. Super Prevention moving forward. I always took some preventative measures but now it's going to be on a whole new level!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@caregiverken Happy to see your plants
back to healthy and full of life. Pretty soon you have to stop calling yourself a noob, especially upon winning this battle!
Thanks NT :)

I was scared shitless and thought it was all over..and I was reading that nothing organic would work..Heck, I read nothing would work.
And I should kill the plants.
Somebody here was suggesting I burn em.
But, I had to try to save em any way I could.

Turns out, They can be stopped..or slowed way down anyway..

here is a re cap
as soon as I saw the russets wiggling in the scope I went to lowes and bought a airless paint sprayer (july 28th)

morning july 29th,(day 1) I sprayed Aspirin (325mg per gal.) and SM90(couple cap fulls per 4gal bucket)
Then, that evening I sprayed Azamax (1.2ml per gal) and soil drenched with it and 325mg per gal aspirin too.
The plants looked better the next day! :)

Then, I waited till aug.1st (day 4) and I sprayed azamax and sm90 early in the morning.(it was cloudy)

On aug. 2nd, I sprayed with Caps Biowar foliar.(super strong batches)

On the 3rd, I suited up in tyvek, wore goggles, gloves and a respirator, Then,
I sprayed Avid and SM90
On the 4th (Day 7) I sprayed Biowar foliar again because they seem to like that..and they were all growing new leaves! :)

I rested on the 5th :)

Then, in the morning, aug. 6th, day 9
I sprayed Both, Avid(1.2ml per gal) and Forbidf4 (1.2ml per gal) and a few caps of sm90 all at the same time.
24 hours later,
the next morning (day 10) i rinsed them off real good, and then used the Met52 ec. That stuff is strange and im not sure if I even did that well..
shit wouldn't stay mixed, i had to keep mixing it. (need to try again later)
,Aug. 8th (day11) I sprayed the Flying skull Nuke em.

Then, bout day 14, I broke out the Met52ec again, and sprayed it a couple more times also.
I used a whole package of Actinovate sprayed and drenched the next day

Now im spraying Spinosad and next BT to prevent bud worms :)

Dago3on821
Last edited:
DAT

DAT

wow , that is freakin INTENSE! how did u come up with such a wicked plan? fantastic work, i never would have known they were so sick....what a happened to da cute wittle kitty cats?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
wow , that is freakin INTENSE! how did u come up with such a wicked plan? fantastic work, i never would have known they were so sick....what a happened to da cute wittle kitty cats?
The Cats are all Fine :)
I rarely have a plan Dat :cool:
..I grow by the seat of my pants (what ever that means):confused:
The plants were pretty dang healthy and most were still praying even though they were being attacked..Only some of them got the taco leaf..I thought that was from the heat....but when i started looking closer, they all had dieing pistols...and purple/brown calyxes

I was told by some trusted friends to "mix it up"
And that made sense to me..so thats what i did.. :)

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

The Cats are all Fine :)
I rarely have a plan Dat :cool:
..I grow by the seat of my pants (what ever that means):confused:
The plants were pretty dang healthy and most were still praying even though they were being attacked..Only some of them got the taco leaf..I thought that was from the heat....but when i started looking closer, they all had dieing pistols...and purple/brown calyxes

I was told by some trusted friends to "mix it up"
And that made sense to me..so thats what i did.. :)
Have you always used Azamax at 1.2MLs per gal? Shit, I hit my plants at 1oz. per gallon! Glad you got ahead of them Ken, they are a scary insect to have in your garden. Another product I wanted to mention was Stylet Oil. A friend of mine has worked in commercial AG for years and RAVES about this product. I found it online from a company out of Oregon and it sells for only $30 a gallon! I'm going to throw this into my future regimen..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Have you always used Azamax at 1.2MLs per gal? Shit, I hit my plants at 1oz. per gallon! Glad you got ahead of them Ken, they are a scary insect to have in your garden. Another product I wanted to mention was Stylet Oil. A friend of mine has worked in commercial AG for years and RAVES about this product. I found it online from a company out of Oregon and it sells for only $30 a gallon! I'm going to throw this into my future regimen..
Ive never used axamax before this.
I have 2 gals of Stylet oil (lifetime supply) ;)
I bought it last spring for spidermites...

<--- huge fan of the JMS here, been advising it for years now. :)

She Is the reason I bought it! ^^

After that lady farmer here burned her plants..I was afraid to use it anymore!

Latest posts

Top Bottom