russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You keep fighting but you must consider Conserve SC IMO , After I used it I will never use anything else. I am wondering has anybody even tried it to see if it worked on Russet mites I believe it will kill them just like it killed my mites in 3 applications and one week later I was spider mite free and egg died too, everything looked like a ghost and the shit goes a long way. I know I mentioned it before but if anything was going to work, it would have done so already your still seeing them right. just trying to help in any way I can.
Spinosad? That's what's in Conserve SC. Actually, that's pretty fuckin' cool, I'm going to compare the percentage rates. :D
I didnt want to spray the Azamax..so, I did a soil drench with it.;)
Just neem right?
Im going to spray JMS stylet oil next :)
Remember when you said you're afraid because of what happened to mama? I now know EXACTLY what went wrong, and it was 100% user error. As you know, I continue to use JMS Stylets oil. My admonition? KEEP IT MIXED! This is a girl who got the bottom of the tank, not so well mixed at that point (I didn't want to waste the last gallon or so of mix, saw the white of the oil and knew I had not been diligent). I rinsed her off and saved some, but not all apparently. She's lookin' rough.

IMAG1319
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Haha that's what I was wondering but they banned me last time for mentioning the floramite, avid,forbid rotation. Cus it is chemical. I understand it's a chemical and I am not forcing anybody to use it but I know how fast russet mites can decimate a plant and I used organic pesticides like need and azamax and other natural shit and it didn't even slow em down. A crop sprayed with pesticide is better then a no pistil brown bud crop but that's just me
That is not why you were banned. You were banned for your behavior when the issue was debated with you.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Remember when you said you're afraid because of what happened to mama? I now know EXACTLY what went wrong, and it was 100% user error. As you know, I continue to use JMS Stylets oil. My admonition? KEEP IT MIXED! This is a girl who got the bottom of the tank, not so well mixed at that point (I didn't want to waste the last gallon or so of mix, saw the white of the oil and knew I had not been diligent). I rinsed her off and saved some, but not all apparently. She's lookin' rough.
:eek:

:nailbiting: Now you have me scared again! (thanks for the tip though!)
Im going to get the Conserve!:) Thanks @nightmarecreature and @Canappa

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I have a good buzz and just finished a walk though my garden :)
now, I feel like rambling here for a min.
I thinking back and the 1st thing i sprayed was SM90 and aspirin because I had those on hand.
My plants looked better the next day...So I think it killed some mites with it.
I think SM90 is good stuff
1% coriander oil
94% sulphonated canola oil solution
5% triethanolamine

venial

venial

i hope I am winning this war as well, he's some photos of some obviously effected nodes on two different plants, i don't think anything can be done about the leaf taco-ing but i see resin production is going and the pistols seem happy, any thoughts humans?

YohwU20
REUvBKk
CdNQOVe

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
i hope I am winning this war as well, he's some photos of some obviously effected nodes on two different plants, i don't think anything can be done about the leaf taco-ing but i see resin production is going and the pistols seem happy, any thoughts humans?
Yeah it looks like you have them beat back as well.:)
I still have lots of old damage too. Lots of tacoed leaves .:meh:
The fans that i have turning yellow are not the tacoed ones.:confused:.
For some reason the tacoed leaves are hanging in there for now..

I just worry about the mites coming back
So im going to keep spraying organically

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:eek: What? Not Seamaiden!
Yep Medusa..I think Azamax and spinosaud are good choices
I have Conserve SC on the way :greedy::hungover::facepalm:....
and Azamax in the soil and plants already :)
I will spray that Conserve every 3 days for the next few weeks and see if that works

A2o2lowers828
Last edited:
venial

venial

hem just scoped, looks like i still have them this was taken off two leaves from different plants and scoped at 500x i think, anyone have any suggestions ?
Photo on 8 28 14 at 638 PM
Photo on 8 28 14 at 636 PM
Photo on 8 28 14 at 636 PM 2
Photo on 8 28 14 at 635 PM

Reactions: DAT
AcidSourDank

AcidSourDank

Those are definitely larvae. It might be easier to see if you try adjusting the type and brightness of lighting in order to get the best contrast between bug and plant. It can be helpful to try a variety of light sources: halogen lamp, LED flashlight and/or the scope's light.

The lighting is a bit overly bright in those pics me thinks, but that's them. Freshly hatched. If you see eggs you'll likely see these guys soon. I haven't been able to kill all the eggs with forbid, maybe 3/4 of the eggs but the remaining 1/4 can still make a lot of damage.

Hit 'em ASAP and you'll get them while they're young. Last thing you want is more egg-layers!

I'm currently trying sulfur (1.5 tbsp/gal), isopropyl alcohol (4 oz./gal), and dawn dish soap (1 tbsp/gal). I had to stop the forbid and avid treatments. Mine are just starting to flower now because I extended the season with supplemental lighting.

venial

venial

i did the timectin and forbid already but they are pretty far into harvest I'm like four weeks away from harvest on some so looks like its gonna be organic preventives to keep them down such as montery take down and azamax and pyganics, was considering running ed rosenthals but maybe 4 weeks into flower is too late, any thoughts on that? but yeah i was gonna run those three every 3 days, I'm only like two weeks away, not even from my timectin x forbid shouldn't that still be killing?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@Seamaiden u have them now too? Wow guys hope ya fiquire it out. Azamax and spinosaud Sure u have tried.
Noooo, thank God I don't so far! But I've been examining my girls very closely all things given. I do use Spinosad as part of my IPM, but had dropped it last year due to the issues with pollinators. What I haven't been able to determine is whether it's the residue that's a problem, or the fresh spray itself. I'm hoping the residue is not the problem.
Those are definitely larvae. It might be easier to see if you try adjusting the type and brightness of lighting in order to get the best contrast between bug and plant. It can be helpful to try a variety of light sources: halogen lamp, LED flashlight and/or the scope's light.

The lighting is a bit overly bright in those pics me thinks, but that's them. Freshly hatched. If you see eggs you'll likely see these guys soon. I haven't been able to kill all the eggs with forbid, maybe 3/4 of the eggs but the remaining 1/4 can still make a lot of damage.

Hit 'em ASAP and you'll get them while they're young. Last thing you want is more egg-layers!

I'm currently trying sulfur (1.5 tbsp/gal), isopropyl alcohol (4 oz./gal), and dawn dish soap (1 tbsp/gal). I had to stop the forbid and avid treatments. Mine are just starting to flower now because I extended the season with supplemental lighting.
Hi ASD, I'm curious why the Dawn detergent and not a castile (vegetable oil-based) soap.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
hem just scoped, looks like i still have them this was taken off two leaves from different plants and scoped at 500x i think, anyone have any suggestions ?View attachment 436445View attachment 436446View attachment 436447View attachment 436448
That sucks!:(
I'm only like two weeks away, not even from my timectin x forbid shouldn't that still be killing?
Yeah, the timectin should still be in the leaves. It's supposed to keep killing them o_O

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
What I haven't been able to determine is whether it's the residue that's a problem, or the fresh spray itself. I'm hoping the residue is not the problem.
I think it's only the fresh spray and not the residual;
which is what we want for the "worms" this time of year.

If you read between the lines of the (Chemical Corp) Scientific studies you can get an idea, and see they leave out parts of the study and only include parts they want.

They state that the studies determined that honeybees on the crop being sprayed were killed, but it wouldn't affect hive viability. (i.e. keep yer bees in their hives 'till after you spray).

<this was last year, there's a thread somewhere>

The study on Spinosad's effect on beneficial insects was in three parts, a lab study and two field studies. The lab study confirmed toxicity and one field study was beneficial insects on the sprayed crop and the other: insects in cages in the fields. The insects on the sprayed field were released _after_ the Spinosad had dried and had no problems--
try to locate the data on the insects in the cages...

Top Bottom