russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I've seen mites twice. Probably a local variety, as very not too hard to kill/ control, and putting plants outside come summer put an end to them.
Inside isopropyl and oil sprays did them in.
What I noticed was the ability for a mite attack to so damage a plant that it seems to have no ability to fight back. This might well enplane the variety of results gotten from farmers.
Every detail matters when trying to eradicate a population that numbers in the billions.
We are not talking, "kill most".
Their very existence needs to end. All of them.
That's a tall order using anything less potent than fire.
And I agree that nematodes are cool, and Gnatrol is the only BTi worth buying.
Gnatrol is the best product out for gnats that I have used hand's down

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

I lost a lot of lower buds to the mites (pounds)
This big orange dago had mites bad..I showed it before here
But these lowers some how made it ..
You can see the "Tacoed" leaves
View attachment 447150
They can have the leaves
The purple leaves are from the cooler night and gentics :)
Thanks for the thread @caregiverken It's massive. I tried reading through but got anxious to find out how the smoke came out on these ladies? I too battle these devil critters! But Foliar is not an option unless the sun really kills that stuff because I smoke my own medicine.

Any feedback from anyone is appreciative, on the smoke from russet mite battled bud?

DAT

DAT

no fukin way dude, u still battleing them russets.? its been a while now. those are some serious stoner rasta bugs.its like the ganja gives them superbug powers when eating it or something. those little evil fuckers. I would love to take a blow torch to them and hear them screaming as they shrivel and die! Ha Ha Ha......ha ha

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks for the thread @caregiverken It's massiv. I tried reading through but got anxious to find out how the smoke came out on these ladies? I too battle these devil critters! But Foliar is not an option unless the sun really kills that stuff because I smoke my own medicine.

Any feedback from anyone is appreciative, on the smoke from russet mite battled bud?
Thanks for the thread @caregiverken It's massive. I tried reading through but got anxious to find out how the smoke came out on these ladies? I too battle these devil critters! But Foliar is not an option unless the sun really kills that stuff because I smoke my own medicine.

all my buds are mite battled buds
I smoke them all day long everyday
like I said in the post above I tossed a lot of lower small stuff
But, I managed to save some nice tops
so it wasn't a total loss just a big setback
I sprayed avid 60 days before harvest and used organic methods until harvest
I haven't had a chance to have these buds tested yet. The lab is a little ways away. I'm a little short on cash
I'm pretty sure 60 days in the Sun degraded the avid though.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
20141127 080324 1

phoenixfire

phoenixfire

all my buds are mite battled buds
I smoke them all day long everyday
like I said in the post above I tossed a lot of lower small stuff
But, I managed to save some nice tops
so it wasn't a total loss just a big setback
I sprayed avid 60 days before harvest and used organic methods until harvest
I haven't had a chance to have these buds tested yet. The lab is a little ways away. I'm a little short on cash
I'm pretty sure 60 days in the Sun degraded the avid though.
Sounds like buds doing their job! That's what counts. That Sun is powerful! Nuggs look Bomb!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I'm treating my mothers, got to keep my genetics (they are infested)

(I am not recommending this for anyone else to try)

40 mil dr. Bronners unsented
6 heaping Tbsp. diatomaceous earth
gal of water
then I dusted them with diatomaceous earth

ill keep you posted and post pics
if I can eradicate them from my genetics and help someone else save there genes it would be worth documenting here.
I choose this because they cant build up immunity to it. the dusting may not have been needed (there are no rules in war), however the spray seems to work great it well kill everything (I sprayed a moth while I was in there, it died instantly with the mites). I thinking rinse in 24 hours do this every 4 to 5 days (just the spray) and clean, bleach, bomb, repeat, repeat over and over again till I can possibly get a winter crop ready.

Excellent advice !!
Diatomaceous earth for the win!
Worked like a charm!
I haven't found any mites since I used it last month
Still trying to wash it off though:p

Im so sure that it worked im bringing in the only clone i saved from the summer crop.
I had to save bubba kush cause its my wife's favorite medicine
I've had this clone outside in the cold and rain under a porch light for over two months! lol
Torn up but, still kickin ;)
Lets see how she does in the tent now :)
Tent1216

Deleaf
Deleaf2
Deleaf3
Bubbaclone1216
Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Excellent advice !!
Diatomaceous earth for the win!
Worked like a charm!
I haven't found any mites since I used it last month
Still trying to wash it off though:p

Im so sure that it worked im bringing in the only clone i saved from the summer crop.
I had to save bubba kush cause its my wife's favorite medicine
I've had this clone outside in the cold and rain under a porch light for over two months! lol
Torn up but, still kickin ;)
Lets see how she does in the tent now :)
View attachment 467277
Right on Ken
Resilience for the win

You earned it and deserve it and thank you for sharing your experience Ken
I'll be going threw this one day I'm sure and i would be a lying fool not to learn from you some more and apply your advice and experience......
Peace

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Thats great news Ken!!!!

My buddy had spider mites on his outdoor last summer and I threw handfuls of DE all over his palnts and yard ornamentals. It killed or ran them off and yet to return. DE is messy though. And should be used with protective gear in covering applications.

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

If i used food grade DE. would this be okay? and later on in the budding stages would it be okay if i applied it say....week 2? and then after it starts to bud.....would the DE harmful? im just wondering if im ingesting the food grade DE if it would have any harmful effects if smoked or something or accidently ingested as it's a fossil and having that go through the lungs or whatever i've READ that it's not good. BUT if food grade is okay. and can also be ingested. would this be okay? what im trying to ask here if i use food grade DE in the beginning of flower and even in my veg, would it be alrite later on if i smoke it on accident?????????

Top Bottom