russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Conserve SC advocate right here, just saved my whole crop this week. Need to get a wetting agent to help spread better so will try the coco wet. Worth every penny, i was concerned about the cost at first too but will never question it again.
:D:D:DYeah Coco Wet Is What YOU Need It Works Perfect THE Conserve Sc Is THE Best Stuff On THE Market AN YOU Can USE IT IN TO Flower If Need be! Thanks for the feedback @QLTYlab! Another win for conserve sc!

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

If folks want an approved organic product, Entrust is it. In fact, where Conserve is 11.6% spinosad A & B, Entrust is 80%. Mind=blown. Holy fuck!
My I only concern with 80% spinosad is you would have to be really care full with the mixing ratios if not you could fry your plant's i seen the conserve sc do that when mixed wrong so I could only imagine what that thrust would do bye the way @Seamaiden who is the manufacturer of this product? But it definitely sounds like it has the knock out power nice find!

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I believe it's Dow Agrosciences that makes Entrust. I don't know that the higher concentration of spinosads would cause a problem with the plants, I can see it causing problems if used outdoors with no regard to controlling drift and the like.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

I believe it's Dow Agrosciences that makes Entrust. I don't know that the higher concentration of spinosads would cause a problem with the plants, I can see it causing problems if used outdoors with no regard to controlling drift and the like.
Yeah from personal experience I have seen plant's get burned pretty bad from the conserve sc! An out doors the spinosad products are bad for bee's! But if it is made by dow Agro then it is official nice find!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
My I only concern with 80% spinosad is you would have to be really care full with the mixing ratios if not you could fry your plant's i seen the conserve sc do that when mixed wrong so I could only imagine what that thrust would do bye the way @Seamaiden who is the manufacturer of this product? But it definitely sounds like it has the knock out power nice find!
it can burn if you mix it too strong?
are you saying it won't burn the plant?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
about a half hour ago I mixed 16 ounces of water with a few drops of Coserve hope I didn't put a drop too many we shall see
nice and cool though

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Man I'm glad I'm indoors it sounds like a never ending battle with these RM outside! Ken are you able to keep them at bay?
I think the cold is keeping them down outside and I only have two little plants out there full time. no real signs of mites on them but I haven't scoped them.
I have some small seedlings I'm putting out in the Sun during the day in a different area back into the tent at night.
I started to see some strange leaves on a couple so I sprayed em this morning

DC105

DC105

I have a garden with a friend who is a71 yo chicken farmer. We've battled mites for 2yrs. I hit the crop with Neem oil and then 2 applications of conserve sc (thanksTstew) I checked in today and couldn't find a single mite. I whisk I would have known about conserve 2 yrs ago.

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

After harvest update:

In hubby's garden which we eventually used the Conserve SC exclusively, the russests came back with a vengeance. We upped the amount to about 5mls and scoped. It took A LOT longer to work on them and it did not work as well as it did at first. We still had live mites after 2 more sprays a few days apart. My guess is they must have built a tolerance to it. It is also entirely possible that we simply couldn't get it in all the nooks and crannies in order to have the best effect. These were some big plants we were treating. We sprayed in the cool of the evenings.

In my garden (it had the largest plants of all), which Met52 and OG Biowar were used at least once a week, we stopped spraying just before the main harvest. (I think I may have sprayed the conserve once or twice earlier on before switching to bios exclusively. Don't recall and too lazy at the moment to look it up.) Still have some standing skeletons with popcorn and concentrate material on them. I continue to scope those and have yet to find another russet - or any other bad bug. Also have not sprayed anything else on them since the last treatment with OGB.

In the nursery, I used a little of everything in rotation previously listed. Russets came back when I stopped. Used Conserve for the first spray to knock em down. 3 mls per gal. Some burning on new tender plants under lights. No probs on older moms. After 24 hrs I still had very active mites. Some dead. Dusted everything with DE. More mites died. Washed that off after 48hrs then sprayed with Met52 and in 2 days OGB tea. Most mites dead again. *Kept up OGB every 4 days. Mites dead and gone - again. Unrooted clones were infested and I pulled them all. Dropped them in a bucket with DE and left for a couple days to be sure all were dead. Took new cuts from the now clean (hopefully!) moms. I submerged each cut in OGB solution then dipped ends in Clonex and put in cubes. Every 2 days sprayed them with fresh OGB. Still no signs of mites on cuts. They are beginning to root and look really healthy. I'll keep this up and continue replacing moms with the fresh, apparently clean clones, until I am certain they (russets) are gone for ever. If such a thing is possible. Until then, no live plants will leave here. Everything tossed out is burned. I do not want to expose anyone else to this horrid monster. Worst I have battled in nearly 40 years of farming and growing weed. Seriously!!! Symphylans are a close second. With those you can just move your garden and the problem is solved - if you have the room to move, that is. Otherwise, you are fucked because they can't be killed off.

PLEASE People!!! If you have this or any other bug, keep it to yourself and DO NOT pass it on, regardless of the money at stake. WE ALL will suffer for it long term! Most people I have talked with feel they got this and other pests from imported clones. We never had this level of problem with pests until the last decade or so. It seems where money is concerned, ethics are thrown out the window. Nuff said. Done preaching.

*P.S. At first I was using the OGB once a week in rotation with other stuff. When I got religious and did it every 4 days, I saw a big improvement in the nursery. Too afraid to let the cuts go longer than 2 days though. It is all I am using now in the nursery. This year in my OD gardens, it worked the best long term.

N

nightmarecreature

All I know is I used OGBiowar every 5 days, kept the humidity above 60% and it could not get rid of one single species of bug.

It couldnt get rid of fungus gnats even after a foliar and root drench of Biowar. Gnatrol kills fungus gnats and it has BT in it just like the OGbiowar, but the Gnatrol works, so go figure. The Root and Nute pack work but I will knock the Foliar pack all day. Also the mosquito dunks you find at Walmart, they dont work either.

If OGBiowar foliar pack worked, it would be in all the hydro stores and people would be talking about it. Kinda of like as seen on TV items.

If it works for you great, but I find it unbelievable. Im a true believer in Conserve SC because its taken care of all my bug problems with a single application each and every time.

You think you can spray OGBiowar in full flower, think again, it contains Talc. Talc damages the lungs, can cause tumors and some cancers. Google Talc.

Last edited:
DC105

DC105

My buddy tried OG BIO WAR and Kryptonite and they didn't do shit for mites! He read the reviews on Conserve here and blasted them in 3 sprayings. No mites since then.
Its worked great for me as well. It's became a necessity in my arsenol to rid of bugs. To be honest I'm not sure what's in OG BIO War, Kryptonite or Conserve SC. All I know is it works awesome for me and I'm sold on it.

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

If it works for you great, but I find it unbelievable. Im a true believer in Conserve SC because its taken care of all my bug problems with a single application each and every time.

You think you can spray OGBiowar in full flower, think again, it contains Talc. Talc damages the lungs, can cause tumors and some cancers. Google Talc.

Whatever. Believe me or don't. I understand that the same thing that works in one garden may not work in another. Can't explain why that is. I do not disbelieve the Conserve works for you in one dose. Don't you think I would want it to do the same for me??? Geez! I want these bastards gone yesterday! Would have saved me a bunch of money on all the stuff I have tried if it had worked in one shot for me. I'm not bashing on Conserve or you and implying you are lying about your experience with it. I don't understand the need for antagonistic comment on my experience with it. Thought we are all just sharing our trials and trying to help get rid of this thing. To clarify, the OGB didn't work overnight. That's why I kept trying other stuff. It did in the long run though, or it has so far, of spraying it every 4 days. Next year? Who knows. Maybe the spray schedule could have been the difference? I dunno. Once a week didn't work for me but 4 days did. Or, maybe I'm just lying about it and fucking with everyone because I'm a sadist and want to see all ganja die a horrible death. Or maybe I'm a secret plant here and the makers of OGB are paying me a bunch 'o bucks to say all this. Yeah. That's it. I'm rolling in dough now and don't need to grow anymore. They paid off my mortgage for the good rep I gave it here. :p

I agree with you about talc, I don't need to google it. That is why I don't use bath powder on myself. I also allow the OGB talc solution to settle to the bottom before I use it and have not seen any residue on the plants. I would prefer both the OGB and Met52 had different carriers - which is why all plants were completely rinsed before harvest just in case there was something I could not see.

Gnatrol or mosquito dunks do not work for me on gnats. Neither did the OGB. Got a few in the nursery now after several treatments of it. I found that Azamax drench on soil does the trick for me and will be using that next week on them. However, earlier in the year on a round of indoor in smart pots with soil, nothing worked on them. Nothing got down deep enough I guess. I used some predator insects and that got control but did not eradicate them before harvest. But in the shallow pots and trays, the Aza does well for me.

Dunge

Dunge

I've seen mites twice. Probably a local variety, as very not too hard to kill/ control, and putting plants outside come summer put an end to them.
Inside isopropyl and oil sprays did them in.
What I noticed was the ability for a mite attack to so damage a plant that it seems to have no ability to fight back. This might well enplane the variety of results gotten from farmers.
Every detail matters when trying to eradicate a population that numbers in the billions.
We are not talking, "kill most".
Their very existence needs to end. All of them.
That's a tall order using anything less potent than fire.
And I agree that nematodes are cool, and Gnatrol is the only BTi worth buying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom