russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

I just used this cheap thingy
View attachment 522746
It works ok..but there has to be a better way.

There is! I just tried out my new tool, a Dustin Mizer from EarthDuster today and it worked great. I got it off amazon for about $40. Much, much faster than the other applicators I've tried so far.

I also found that Gemplers sells a Hudson Bak-Pak Dust applicator but they are expensive ($326 plus shipping). The thing looks like a beast though, it is powered by a 42cc two stroke engine and can supposedly throw DE or other granular fertilizers 35'.

I could probably dust the whole ranch in a day with one of those lol. Maybe for next year :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
There is! I just tried out my new tool, a Dustin Mizer from EarthDuster today and it worked great. I got it off amazon for about $40. Much, much faster than the other applicators I've tried so far.

I also found that Gemplers sells a Hudson Bak-Pak Dust applicator but they are expensive ($326 plus shipping). The thing looks like a beast though, it is powered by a 42cc two stroke engine and can supposedly throw DE or other granular fertilizers 35'.

I could probably dust the whole ranch in a day with one of those lol. Maybe for next year :)
awesome! thanks for the info..Im going to get one right now..DE is great stuff!
Hope you have a great season Brother! :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter

The Dustin Mizer works great !
Now my plants are white!
Great tip! Thanks @Blaze :)
Now, I know from experience that it's not easy to wash off. do I need to wash it off? Part of me wants to, and part of me wants to leave it.
I've left it before... it goes away eventually
I just wonder if it blocks the light
any thoughts?

Blaze

Blaze

I'm not really sure actually. I use it to dust the soil surface and the entire area around the garden, I don't dust the plants directly. The whole area gets covered in a big cloud anyway that floats up and around the plants. If its a very light coating I don't think it would block too much light...

ncga

ncga

I wish I had seen this sooner Blaze as I have one of the Dust Mizers laying around. I would go for the Backpack duster. Last year I bought a Sthil backpack sprayer for liquids. WORKS GREAT and your spray liquid use will go way down. To do my GH and beds only takes 3 gallons

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
the struggle is real
IMG 20150810 084314

what doesn't kill you makes you stronger! #fearnot!

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello farmers I my first post here bit I felt like I needed to share.I just spent the last few hours of my life reading this entire thread.I unfortunately received some dirty clones that spread theese nasty bugs to my crop thankfully I caught it early ....any way I have had 3 successful harvest since the infestation and I owe it all to a product called GREEN CLEANER. I'm not positive they are gone mainly because I do indoors but have great success using greencleaner and taking New clones and disposing of my old moms

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

What are you guys using during flower to keep broad mites knocked down? If you guys have followed my thread, I have been going nuclear. Now that flower has started, I am looking for something a little less harmful to humans.

ncga

ncga

Not much you can do now. I like to have all highly effective insecticides and fungicides applied before the first of September. With this application all dried sample have tested free on chemical residue

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
What are you guys using during flower to keep broad mites knocked down? If you guys have followed my thread, I have been going nuclear. Now that flower has started, I am looking for something a little less harmful to humans.

Top Bottom