russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
venial

venial

oh shit we got ken dropping bombs up on here, i got so far no reports of russets i was planning on scoping this week cause towards the end i swore it look like my autos were showing taco leaves and damage but it could also have been lack of food and the fact they were about 3 weeks past maturity, wish me luck

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
oh shit we got ken dropping bombs up on here, i got so far no reports of russets i was planning on scoping this week cause towards the end i swore it look like my autos were showing taco leaves and damage but it could also have been lack of food and the fact they were about 3 weeks past maturity, wish me luck
I wish you the best of luck! Keep us posted. is anybody reportin any infestations?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
those plants look really healthy Ken!
Thanks Cap :) ♡
Im trying to keep em that way!
Its been really hot...
They love your foliar! ♡
IMG 20150626 162527

Bjamiam

Bjamiam

Does anyone have experience with amblyseius-andersoni ?
Is Met-52 compatible ? The guy where I bought my predators says the fungus will kill the predators and the Met 52 literature apparently contradicts that and says they are compatible. Who to believe?
I would love to hear that someone has found they are a good control if not solution to russet mites

R

ragieboyyy

Hi fellas! I having a Russet issue. May I ask what you guys used to get rid of them? Im still in Veg up here WA state medical garden

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
What are you using to apply the DE in this picture Ken? The duster I have sucks, I need a better way to lay it down.
I just used this cheap thingy
20150714 191652 1

It works ok..but there has to be a better way.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Or you could be a nice guy n jus tell me what works.. instead of me reading for 2hrs.. but thanks ne ways dick lol.. I'll get to reading
:) the thing of it is, I don't think anything gets rid of them completely.
Except maybe diatomaceous earth. I use that over the winter I think that got rid of them but I also used dozens of other things mostly Organic.
This year I started out with diatomaceous earth and now I'm spraying stylet oil and natural wet.
And biowar foliar a few days after that. Every week. So far so good

IMG 20150623 192050
derkaderk

derkaderk

I remember reading this entire thread a while back....one of the most informative threads on here.

In fact I still have this thread email push notifications when someone comments.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I remember reading this entire thread a while back....one of the most informative threads on here.

In fact I still have this thread email push notifications when someone comments.
Cool man :)
I started this thread because I needed help.
Ali G showed me a thread on another forum that helped me a lot.
I continue this thread because I wanted to help others. I still want to help others.

Preventive maintenance is the best way of course...because, once you have them your kind of fucked.
especially if the plants are big.
I had to do a hell of a lot of pruning
last year, I was able to control them but not able to get rid of them.

I was brave or dumb enough to keep just one clone...

The mites stayed with it :(
I dusted it with diatomaceous earth a lot..it was white...and I just left it on there...it worked! :)
meanwhile, I had been spraying everything else with bleach inside and out of the house.

then, in order to be sure the mites were gone,
i went ahead and did a winter indoor tent grow. it was a success! :)
IPM'd ever since

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
@Seamaiden for years I've read you post about resistance.
So I think methods the mites can't get resistant to are the best.
I don't think they can be resistant to smothering. or shredding..lol

that's why oils and diatomaceous earth are my go to.

I'm not sure if they can get resistant to biowar but the plants love it so I'll keep spraying it

Latest posts

Top Bottom