russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MendoAdome

MendoAdome

Im still organic, but the thought of being wrecked by russets and the forbid has me thinking.
I mean there no buds, no pre flower just a few hairs.
Look at the time it's active in the plant if it's sestemtic. You should be fine man. Hit em hard. Use essential oils during flowering. Lots out there you can reverse engineer basically any spray out there like 86 or gardeners choice

The Humanure

The Humanure

Is this the russet worry thread?

Hit with comscerve sc and man even new hatched are all frozen?
How ot slryed in 4 day's and new nimphs are not moving!1!1

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

So last season the same thing happened to me. Entering week3 the pistols started dying off going black and they never recovered after that. I had no clue what was going on so I finished the season with bud that look like broccoli. Smfh.... this time around same dam thing entering week3 all hairs are starting to get dark and look like they are dying. I believe i have russet mite. First time every running into these bastards. So here is my plan of action... I bought flying skull nuke em and big time exterminator to spray In flower for this week3. The hairs are already fuked so ima spray hard. Once a day till my swirski get here next wensday. The shop that sold me the swirski said that the Big time exterminator and nuke em are basically the same thing different company but they are both organic, wont leave residue, smell, or taste. And that they leave the plants in 48 hours after applied.

So my plan is to spray the flowering plants evryday till when I get the 25000 swirski next week wendsday. They said that should be ok for a 4k light grow. Maybe 10ft x 10ft small bed room.

My question is. Will that be enough to finish the season? I won't get swirski till week4. But I do plan to reapply another 25000 tube of them in week 6. Will i be able to pull off this 1 season ok? And more importantly is there anything i can do this season to BRING BACK the WHITE hairs?... ... ...

I'm gona assume my veg has them too. My plan is to alternate between nuke em , big time exterminator, and abamectin. Every 2 days for 3 weeks straight. Will that be enough to wipe them out?

Here are some pix if last season week6, and how they look now in week 3
20170715 195715
20170730 201659
20170730 202149
20170730 202129
sorry for the long post. But this seems like the only place to get answers..

Who has killed them? And what did you use? What was your spray regiment? Can I finish this crop around ok? And can i still save my genetics pool in veg? This is not where I can cut and burn everything down. I will fight them to the end. No matter how hard and long the battle will be. I'm not giving up and not willing to chop anything down. Hard headed. lol if these little bastards want a war on there hands, they were barking at the wrong tree.... lol..... thanks for any help

Last edited:
The Humanure

The Humanure

how far along? 3 weeks? Im using conserve SC. 100% knockdown.
Then IPM, Grandivo, Venerate, im told you can get your ass saved with that,

Im in Veg, one year I had been hit hard.

Its the Freddy Kruger of mites.

R

redlife215

Gotta rotate forbid floramite pylon and avid, i knownit sucks to have to use rhat poison but thats all that will get rid of the russets. Thet arent like spidermites u cant qwell the invasion until harvest russetnites dont web ur buds they eat em. U can talk that hippy shit if u want but if u want to really kill em u gitta use that shit. I moved up the mountain to get away from russet nite redding lol

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I'm now in day1 of week4 flower. So day22 of flower. Only thing I sprayed is big time exterminator twice 150ml of it 2days in between.... swirski comes in wens day. Then ima release that and again 2 weeks later in week6. 25k twice 2 weeks apart.
What are those chems your using? What's sc?

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I just bought floramite, forbid, and abamectin. I also have flying nuke em and big time exterminator..... how much of the floramite, forbid, and abamectin ml a gallon were you using? And how often do you spray and switch? 2 or 3 days?

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

The floramite, forbid, and abamectin I'm only using in veg. Gonna go 3 weeks straight. Then make clones and drop predator mites in the trays. Will this kill them off The russet or broad mites? Not sure which 1 I have still waiting on my scope to come in. I think they are broads mites tho.

Also how many ml of each per gallon do I mix? And how often do i spray? And how often do i switch?

I'm thinking 1.25-1.5 ml a gallon of abamectin aka avid. Then im thinking big time exterminator the next day at 150 ml, then ice water the next day. Then switch to forbid. 1.25-1.5 ml a gallon. Then BTE 150ml, then ice water day. Then switch to floramite 1.25-1.5ml a gallon that day. Then back to BTE 150ml. Then back to ice water And repeat for 3 weeks

So 1.25-1.5 ml of any of the 3. Then switch to BTE, then ice water next day, then back to 1 of the 3 and just repeat this for 3 weeks.

Is this enough to kill em all? I'm only doing this in veg. After 3 weeks I will be making clones and leave some swirski predators in the trays. ... ...

What do you guys think? Will this be enough? Is 1.25-1.5 ml good enough or should I up it more? I herd this shit is real crazy. So crazy....... that I bought a zip up breathable suit, Dish washing glove, and a 30 dollar respirator paint spray mask. And boots just for spraying these guys down with googles...

Yeah I know this sounds a little over kill.... but from all the info I'm reading.... it's either cut your shit down and bleach wash everything and start over. Or go this super toxic route... I guess there is NO SUCH THING as OVERKILL if you run into broad mites or russet mites.... no pussy footing around here.... they brought a war to my door step and I'm not a person to ever back down and give up. There's no way I'm cutting it down and losing my genetics....

Anyways,.... sorry for long post. But, feel free to share your opinions. Any thoughts.... and for the guys or girls who fought them russet or broads... if you defeated them. And didn't have to cut down... PLEASE .... share us you're strategy you use to beat these guys....

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

They ate the shit out my batch last season. I never knew what it was... I just assumed it was heat or Nute def.... finally joined this forum and everybody who has experience with russet or broad mites is telling me this is what I got. I looked at them with 60x and can barely make them out... bought a 50-500x scope I will keep you guys updated on my war with them till I win.. crossing fingers...

The hairs didn't start turn black till beginning week3 last season and never recovered. So day 15 last season. After that it never recovered or sprout new hairs... fml...
This season same thing day 15. Week 3 day 1 same shit.... but at least this time I been treating it with the BTE till the swirski mites get here.

So I have a plan of counter attack on the veg side.
But,... the flower side I would still like to save this round. I sprayed BTE twice so far, With ice water in between every other day. 150 ml BTE a gallon first day. Next day ice water. Next day back to 150ml a gallon of BTE. 2marow I will hit it with ice water.... then wensday I get my swirski mites 25000 of them in a 10x10ft 4k light room on week4 day 25 of flower. After that I will reapply in 2weeks. So week6 day 39 of flower..... is there any way to save this batch? Any special chem I can give to start it to blossom new hairs and start budding again? I'm using advance nutrients grow, micro, bloom 15ml a gal and piranha, tarantula, B52, voodoo juice, rhino skin, sensizym, big bud, bud candy, bud factor X, Carbo load, niravana all of those at 8 ml a gallon too. It's all soil. Temps are at 80-85. Humidity is at 45-60 thru out the day. And co2 is at 1200-1600 when lights on.

Any thing else I can use to give it a boost? Thanks in advance....

Last edited:
Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

Dropped 25,000 swirski on my plants today. Im now at week4 day 26... hopefullu they will come back. I dont plan on spraying anything from here in flower. I would never wanna smoke that or give that to any1.

But in my veg. I'm starting my cycle of abamectin, floramite, and forbid. Gonna run that for 3 weeks straight then make clones and kill off all mothers

Mr.D0p3sauce

Mr.D0p3sauce

I'm only gona use it in veg. Just to take fresh clones.. grow those clones out so it will leave the system. I don't plan On ever spraying and send it to flower. This is strictly to eradicate them. Take new cutting and start fresh with out throwing out these gentics.
............ " Gotta rotate forbid floramite pylon and avid .... " .........

Lol' may the Karma gods bring destruction upon your cancer exports'
i beleive in karma and could never do that to any1.

I just want to save my genetics pool n start fresh.

Do you have recommended ml a gallon of each product? And how long in between you spray ? I have everything but the pylon

The Humanure

The Humanure

welp, iv resisted synthetics.
Spraying sulfer and water with a paint sprayer.

Dakota Blue

Dakota Blue

Hello I am new here. Also new at this computer stuff. Anyway I have tried so much now with this russet mite and to make a long story short, I first put everything except the mama's outdoor to let nature take it's course. I was confused and did not want to spray. They are looking good outdoor now no signs even though they are there but the good ones are also, will let them finish outdoor and can bring them inside last 2 weeks if need be. Now mama's on the other hand had to be cloned and then chucked. The room now has only plastic or metal, no wood and if I wanted to keep it I painted it with thick paint. They love raw wood also. Tuck Tape works well also. Tape everything. The mama's clone's rooted and planted, then had to be sprayed with avid/myltatoc (not sure of the spelling) it's a mold spray. These two in conjunction together did the trick. You can use floramite also and forbid with avid and the mold spray separate. Also I use to have tray's under my plants and I removed and cleaned them and at the moment I have not put them back as it's just another area for them to run. Less is best for now until you know for sure they are gone. Once new growth comes back check with a 60x magnifier and see if you have any eggs on the leaf. If no eggs voila you won. Again once you get some growth clean the plant(s) up. I also used the white powder food grade earth stuff in my soil. I used every arsenal I could get my hands on as they are just my mama's and small at the moment and I just kept clipping and spraying until the leaves came back clean. 2 months so far and I really feel I won. Now I have to wait over 6 months for the mama's to clean themselves of the systemic spray's I used. At least I saved them. I just ordered seeds for the next crop. P.S. I also never let any plant touch another , leaves hanging over etc..... A lot of work.

Dakota Blue

Dakota Blue

fuk nothing worked, back to back spraying of everything organic.

• Try an organic mold spray / mite spray Nature Earth for fungus / mites. Or another kind if you can get some good stuff. Meltatox works for some reason, I mixed it with avid and I kept them under control as I only found out this year I had them and I had them last year also, however only spray it in veg. NEVER SPRAY IN TRIP. Meltatox burns some type of chemical when you smoke the med. So not good and NEVER spray pesticides in trip or anything for that matter even organic. Can't remember the name of the chemical Meltatox burns off but I will find out. I just found out it does this. They stopped selling it cause it's bad. These russet mites are really, gee, should I say impossible to get rid of. Stay tune as I will tell you within 1 month I'm sure if I won the war.

The Humanure

The Humanure

I had to go full synthetic on the veg plants and 5 in transition.
the mites over night welled up taking one plant apart, browning out.

I hope I test negative for chemicals in 70 days.
Im going 100% organic from now on,.
This was a move it or loose it situation.

98% of the plants had leaf only,
i'm almost ready to get a real job,
i don't know how guys stay 100% organic in a high russet zone.

Just got grandivo, venerate, azamax, 3 in one. will rotate all those now I guess every 4 days,
soil drench with GH azamax,

I dont even feel like a gardener more like a pest and bug spray professional.

Top Bottom