• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RPsmoke

Thanks Again!
I have seen pictures of the broads riding on a house fly :wtf:
dont want to see it again!

I sprayed the Met 52 this morning...It's says it controls whiteflies also.
Weird stuff though! :confused:
It does not want to mix or stay mixed..Im going to try the silica spreader next time

I cant find anything about it either way
Im going to have to call them

Got mine yesterday and did the first spray last night. Definitely weird stuff and interested to hear what you find out. Plan on emailing them too. It says it already has an emulsifier in the mix and it will mix easily with water. It didn't. I added Agsil and didn't seem to help. Doing another round of it tonight.

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

@CannaCrone ;Bummer man!:(
Did you use the Nuke em at the highest strength?
I used 3 cups of it in 4 gals of water and did that twice.
I probably should have sprayed it again this morning..but

I do have some systemics still working for me.

Almost all of my plants are still praying and drinking lots of water
And getting new leaves and buds :)
wanna see?...lol :woot:

Good suggestion. I followed the label and started with the normal strength. I don't think I have enough left to hit them all with the super strength. When you see the pics you'll understand why. ;) What I will do is hit one that I am sampling from with the super strength. The rest I will hit with the Biowar. Will sample and scope again in the early morn. If I still see lots of activity I will hit that one with the Biowar too before the sun comes up and see how that works.

The experimental plants in the nursery that got sprayed initially with the EcoSmart suffered from it. The bugs look to be dead but the plants are not happy at all, lots of burned spots and that was after raising the lights and shutting off 4 tubes of an 8 tube fixture. One plant was taken out from under the light completely and it is fried too. I sprayed one bud site on an outdoor plant with it and it totally fried it. Had to snip that head off. Dead bugs on it but what's the point if it kills the buds? Might be useful for walls, fixtures, etc.

I am doing one product at a time to determine efficacy and maybe form some sort of plan that works using bios and organics.:doctor: Not ruling anything out at this point but this is where we're at so far.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Got mine yesterday and did the first spray last night. Definitely weird stuff and interested to hear what you find out. Plan on emailing them too. It says it already has an emulsifier in the mix and it will mix easily with water. It didn't. I added Agsil and didn't seem to help. Doing another round of it tonight.
I tryed calling and got a voice mail...
Anyway, I left a message and sent and email also..
Let us know if you hear anything and I will too :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks for keeping us updated Canna.
Good to know Ecosmart burns flowers..I wont be useing that. :eek:

I think the Caps Foliar will make your plants feel and look better..
Did you give them aspirin? I swear it helped mine look better overnite!
I Foliar sprayed and soil drenched

Baylife

Baylife

They sell that aloe vera at trader joes also. Make sure to get active aloe vera. Any ole aloe vera will not achieve optimum results. As far as Russet Mites I don't think anything except chemicals are gunna help. Depends on sverity of course. Ruset Mites killed my yield last year...not fun.

Baylife

Baylife

Spraying silica...thats whats up.

The iso-alcohol is only ingredient that causes caution, the microbes/microscopic elements is what is my primary concern of being effected by iso. Worth checking into.

silica is used as the emulsifier. use with your weekly neem/essential oil as a foliar spray.

aloe or yucca is the sticker/spreader, best to use aloe without preservatives. that contains preservatices.
lilyofthedesert juice or 200x aloe powder @ 1/4 cup gallon fits the bill as far as preservatives.

AS far as nuke em, read the directions and do what the manufacturer suggests. not familiar with the instructions.
I recall Met52 ec contains oils and was not to be used with a sticker spreader. But do not take my work for it. Please check the instructions to be safe.

beneficials is a very broad term. (see above about the sensitive ones) new ones could fly in after you killed the ones present with iso alcohol fwiw

SunGrown

SunGrown

They sell that aloe vera at trader joes also. Make sure to get active aloe vera. Any ole aloe vera will not achieve optimum results. As far as Russet Mites I don't think anything except chemicals are gunna help. Depends on sverity of course. Ruset Mites killed my yield last year...not fun.
Good to see ya around

I got my russets wiped out with met 52, I think ken has his all gone as well.

@caregiverken did you scope today yet?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
But, I sprayed 3 kinds of systemic mite killers on mine:cool: and more than a few natural remedies to boot..and even natural stuff to come..
Gro kashi teas coming up!:D

Last edited:
CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Sprayed another round of Nuke Em, this time with the super dose of 2 oz per 30 oz water. After 15 minutes took a sample. All the immature bugs were not moving. Still saw movement on the larger ones but much slower. No where near as active as after the 2 doses of regular strength. Will sample and scope more in the AM and report. Here are a few pics. I hope this turns out okay. Apologies if I screw it up.

7 15 14Aerial1 This is an aerial view from about a month ago.

7 15 14Aerial1 IMG 5871Ecoweb This is damage from spraying EcoSmart on a tender bud in the morning sun.

IMG 5875SDweb This is a Strawberry Diesel which is the hardest hit.

IMG 5880SDweb Close up of damage on Strawberry D.

IMG 5887web Backside of garden and OG Platinums next to 6 ft ladder.

In trying to preview this to see if I did it right, I get an error message telling me that I don't have permission to do this. If this doesn't come through, can someone direct me to the help file so I learn how? Thanks much!

R

RPsmoke

Pics seem to work for me. Garden looks real nice, seriously hope you got those russets beat. Looking up EcoSmart they have a few products, but seem to be based on essential oils. I use essential oils in my IPM, but found they need hours of darkness after applying, otherwise they can burn the hell outta plants. Usually spray those only at late dusk/early night and let them dry out overnight. Even had t5's burn babies after essential oil spray.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Sprayed another round of Nuke Em, this time with the super dose of 2 oz per 30 oz water. After 15 minutes took a sample. All the immature bugs were not moving. Still saw movement on the larger ones but much slower. No where near as active as after the 2 doses of regular strength. Will sample and scope more in the AM and report. Here are a few pics. I hope this turns out okay. Apologies if I screw it up.

View attachment 431422 This is an aerial view from about a month ago.

View attachment 431422 View attachment 431423 This is damage from spraying EcoSmart on a tender bud in the morning sun.

View attachment 431424 This is a Strawberry Diesel which is the hardest hit.

View attachment 431425 Close up of damage on Strawberry D.

View attachment 431426 Backside of garden and OG Platinums next to 6 ft ladder.

In trying to preview this to see if I did it right, I get an error message telling me that I don't have permission to do this. If this doesn't come through, can someone direct me to the help file so I learn how? Thanks much!
The post looks good
Those plants are huge!:eek: And Beautiful! :woot: Man, thats a lot of spraying!
What a chore that must be. Do you prune the inside of those monsters?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This year i have been pruning the shit outa my plants..Probably too much.:rolleyes:
I just want to grow the big branches
I wonder if that was stressing them.o_O But I think its helping me spray now :)
and Im going to have good airflow;).
Im able to get inside mine and spray that paint gun from the inside out and up :D

Top Bottom