russet mites

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Nice to see a new alternative for this problem after years of chemicals like neem. I started growing because of the pretty widespread contamination of commercial weed. I've not seen this stuff before or used it but it sure looks promising if I ever have to use it. I'm starting from seed these days so I don't have the 'outside sourced clone' vector I've had previously. All that quarantine bullshit is a PITA with the light period modification time and bug detective work. Thanks for sharing the find!

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Neem is an extract from a natural source - sure, but that doesn't make it chemically inert. It is a chemical solution to a pest problem. Or a leaf polish, depending on who you buy it from. And there may be a dark side to using Neem on cannabis - lots of interesting things happen when you burn something and inhale the smoke. There has been discussion here last year about this problem: https://coloradocannabistours.com/marijuana-legalization/cannabis-hyperemesis-syndrome-part-5/

I would only use neem very early - to the point all the original leaves had been replaced and removed well before I would try to force flower. You simply don't want any residue left on what you harvest.

S

SoulTrees

Just sprayed venerate xc last night with no damage to white hairs.
You can rotate with venerate and grandivo and big time and pass all lab test's.

Now lets see if you can harvest bug free with omri organic?
Hey there senior Humanure! I've been using this site for about 8 months, through the time that I have been learning to grow cannabis (previously organically growing tomato, pepper and eggplant and various other veggies on a small farm)
I began my cannabis project indoors with a seedling in a clean environment, everything was going great, I took multiple clones off her and they thrived, as I progressed I picked up a few more strains from friends and fellow growers one of which was not aware he was passing me chernobyl with a side of highly resistant broad mites (to the nasty stuff that is)
WELL... I used the highest concentration I thought the plants could handle and these bastards were only slowed down by it. So, after tones of digging and digging and asking farms/growers what I should do, I was directed towards Vererate and Grandevo because theres just no other clean way to rid of these JERKS now that these guys are here... They're HERE... I imagine my outdoor operation is compromised as well but haven't found any evidence yet, anyhow i purchased a gallon of "Venerate XC" and I am trying to treat my plants, only... The instructions are in liters/acre but what I need is to know the effective/safe range of ML or OZ per gallon. I would greatly appreciate your continued help in my endevor, thank you Very much!
-SoulTree

stomatasf

stomatasf

Hey there senior Humanure! I've been using this site for about 8 months, through the time that I have been learning to grow cannabis (previously organically growing tomato, pepper and eggplant and various other veggies on a small farm)
I began my cannabis project indoors with a seedling in a clean environment, everything was going great, I took multiple clones off her and they thrived, as I progressed I picked up a few more strains from friends and fellow growers one of which was not aware he was passing me chernobyl with a side of highly resistant broad mites (to the nasty stuff that is)
WELL... I used the highest concentration I thought the plants could handle and these bastards were only slowed down by it. So, after tones of digging and digging and asking farms/growers what I should do, I was directed towards Vererate and Grandevo because theres just no other clean way to rid of these JERKS now that these guys are here... They're HERE... I imagine my outdoor operation is compromised as well but haven't found any evidence yet, anyhow i purchased a gallon of "Venerate XC" and I am trying to treat my plants, only... The instructions are in liters/acre but what I need is to know the effective/safe range of ML or OZ per gallon. I would greatly appreciate your continued help in my endevor, thank you Very much!
-SoulTree
Hey there SoulTrees any luck with Venerate and Grandevo? Doing an outdoor grow and we believe we have broad mites... I have Grandevo and spoke to someone over marrone bioinnovations (the company that makes these products) they suggested using Grandevo and Venerate alternating days for a short period to get things under control. I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and also buy venerate.

The Humanure

The Humanure

hi, any way I finished out last year with organics after pre flower.
Russets came back and ended up inside the buds when it got cold.
ALL my buds looked fine, smelled fine, vended to clubs fine. I kept up with Grandivo and Venerate.
This June I discovered lots of russets.

I got a $9 bottle of wettable sulfer.
I sprayed one time with 100% kill rate the next day.
nothing but brown maggots. all dead.
new ones hatched I hit them twice in one day, 7am and 8pm.,
I think it will require every 3 days, or until plants get stress from sulfer.
But its looking so well and for $9 im just super amazed.

Plants looked awesome.

However I have a paint sprayer with 200 foot wand and 50 gallon self mixing tank.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

hi, any way I finished out last year with organics after pre flower.
Russets came back and ended up inside the buds when it got cold.
ALL my buds looked fine, smelled fine, vended to clubs fine. I kept up with Grandivo and Venerate.
This June I discovered lots of russets.

I got a $9 bottle of wettable sulfer.
I sprayed one time with 100% kill rate the next day.
nothing but brown maggots. all dead.
new ones hatched I hit them twice in one day, 7am and 8pm.,
I think it will require every 3 days, or until plants get stress from sulfer.
But its looking so well and for $9 im just super amazed.

Plants looked awesome.

However I have a paint sprayer with 200 foot wand and 50 gallon self mixing tank.
Can you give more info on what wettable sulfer and mix rate?

The Humanure

The Humanure

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Were doing one more grandivo this week.
Its my new favorite spray, pass all lab testing and appears to work just as well as the nasty stufff. i love finding mites froze with its head burnt off.
Habenaro spray, 5 habs per quart. Chop seeds extremely fine. Simmer 20 minutes, Do not boil! Kills all soft bellied varmits. Be careful though, always use PPE!!

Citrine

Citrine

Hi I sprayed 3 weeks ago with avid/forbid. The plants were 100% bug free. Today I find 4 branches totally poisoned. Was this new growth that never had the spray? I scoped so many leafs and nothing and now they chewed from the stinking inside out! I dont think its tolerance because I have only used avid ONCE however used forbid 2X already and had been mixing in Conserve SC. I have movento also and now nukem. My grow store said no matter what spray every 3 weeks no matter what. Now Im going back to back Conserve SC and Met 25.

Can anyone please tell me the spray application rate for Movento? I have been searching for hours online, almost read this entire forum and others and have read the label. The label only gives the application rate for acreage. I need to know the mls per gallon please. Any info on how Movento has helped other farmers would be awesome!

Citrine

Citrine

Im reading Conserve sc can be used up to 6 times. iv used it 4x so ima go for it again!
Thanks,
I've been spraying half to one cup of Diatomaceous Earth per gallon with few drops of dish soap in broad daylight, any temperature and when it dries, the plants are dusted with DE. I also love Conserve but don't want them to build resistance to it, so I def don't overdo it.

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Can anyone please tell me the spray application rate for Movento? I have been searching for hours online, almost read this entire forum and others and have read the label. The label only gives the application rate for acreage.

A systemic insecticide - a casual look at the MSDS for that should scare the shit out of you.

Ok, so you are either a troll or a very misguided person to think this is ok to spray on cannabis consumed by humans. Using something like this would be "epic fail" if that is your intent.
MSDS is here: https://www.cropscience.bayer.us/products/insecticides/movento/label-msds

Environmental precautions
Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface
water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark.
Do not allow to get into surface water, drains and ground water.
Do not apply when weather conditions favor runoff or drift.
Drift and runoff from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in adjacent sites.
Do not contaminate surface or ground water by cleaning equipment or
disposal of wastes, including equipment wash water.
Apply this product as specified on the label.
Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds if
bees are visiting the treatment area.

WTF are you thinking?

Citrine

Citrine

A systemic insecticide - a casual look at the MSDS for that should scare the shit out of you.

Ok, so you are either a troll or a very misguided person to think this is ok to spray on cannabis consumed by humans. Using something like this would be "epic fail" if that is your intent.
MSDS is here: https://www.cropscience.bayer.us/products/insecticides/movento/label-msds

Environmental precautions
Do not apply directly to water, to areas where surface
water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark.
Do not allow to get into surface water, drains and ground water.
Do not apply when weather conditions favor runoff or drift.
Drift and runoff from treated areas may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in adjacent sites.
Do not contaminate surface or ground water by cleaning equipment or
disposal of wastes, including equipment wash water.
Apply this product as specified on the label.
Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds if
bees are visiting the treatment area.

WTF are you thinking?
Yes, I have read the label. I am well aware to spray products in the early morning or evening before sunset to protect bees. I also do not have any body of water nearby and do not contaminate.
Movento is approved for use in California and is much less toxic than all that Avid crap. The re-entry time is only 24 hours, not 48 like other products. Even the label says to wear long pants, long sleeves, shoes, socks, gloves. It does not even say to wear a suit or goggles or mask/respirator, although I personally would. And I am aware that this product should only be used in vegetative state, never in bloom. Yes, I am aware it is a systemic, and that is exactly what I am looking for. Spraying OMRI products constantly is so time consuming when there is so much to get caught up with on the farm. The broads and russets keep coming back if you are not constantly on it...
Do you eat food? Do you drink wine or eat grapes/raisins? Well then you are probably eating Movento unless you buy or grow 100% organic food. Do you eat out at restaurants? You are eating Movento and a myriad of other pesticides. At least I would not spray this product anywhere near harvest, but many food/grape farmers do. It is now widely used in the grape/wine industry.

Top Bottom