Rust spots on leaves

• Thread starter GD1576
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GD1576

GD1576

Hey guys 2nd grow and I obviously have a problem. These rust spots on my leaves, what are they? Initially I thought lock out, so I flushed for 3 days but that didn’t seem to fix it problem is getting worse. Affecting growth big time. Pics below of all 4 planted at the same time. Clearly see bud development on the problem plant is far behind the others. Any help is appreciated. Don’t think it’s a ph problem my ph is consistently between 5.8 & 6 (in coco). Big concern is fungus, don’t want the others to be affected if that’s the case, but would like to save her if possible.

Rust spots on leaves
Rust spots on leaves 2
Rust spots on leaves 3
Rust spots on leaves 4
Rust spots on leaves 5
BigCube

BigCube

It could be rust. But I assume it would have spread to the others by now if it was. If it was nutrient build up, you think flushing would have stopped it. Not made it worse.

I'd be leaning more toward a deficiency maybe, like low in calcium. Are you supplementing calmag?

Another option could be your water source. Maybe too much chlorine I the water, but not likely since the other plants are fine..

If you can help us out, let us know your particulars. Feeding schedule, nutrients used, supplementation used, rh, avg temps. Ect..

GD1576

GD1576

Feed daily half strength of recommended dose (autos). I do use tap water but let it sit 24+ hours before using. Using GH flora bloom nutes and calmag. Temps between 75-80. Humidity fluctuates a lot low of 45 high of 70 RH. South fla schizo weather so it throws me curve balls all the time.

NairnM16

NairnM16

Hey guys 2nd grow and I obviously have a problem. These rust spots on my leaves, what are they? Initially I thought lock out, so I flushed for 3 days but that didn’t seem to fix it problem is getting worse. Affecting growth big time. Pics below of all 4 planted at the same time. Clearly see bud development on the problem plant is far behind the others. Any help is appreciated. Don’t think it’s a ph problem my ph is consistently between 5.8 & 6 (in coco). Big concern is fungus, don’t want the others to be affected if that’s the case, but would like to save her if possible.
Phosphorus

NairnM16

NairnM16

It could be rust. But I assume it would have spread to the others by now if it was. If it was nutrient build up, you think flushing would have stopped it. Not made it worse.

I'd be leaning more toward a deficiency maybe, like low in calcium. Are you supplementing calmag?

Another option could be your water source. Maybe too much chlorine I the water, but not likely since the other plants are fine..

If you can help us out, let us know your particulars. Feeding schedule, nutrients used, supplementation used, rh, avg temps. Ect..
Calcium def in flower?
Cal show the same symptoms as phosphorus
Cal is more likely during veg
P is flower

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I agree with Mr Cube, looks more like a deficiency than rust fungus; can you zoom in on some of the worst affected leaves

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

(Too late to edit) op I can't rule out that that may be rust fungus, heres another article that may help?

Screenshot 20200228 111714 Chrome

Edit: no shit I just noticed that's the same freaking picture with two different causes ascribe to it on two different websites!? :/

Your humidity levels of 70% make me think it could be a fungus, but not sure?

Last edited:
Vagician

Vagician

I'm thinking boron or phosphorus deficiency. If it's phosphorus then it's early, if it's boron then it's fairly well established. Could be a boron issue from not enough Ca or K. Possibly too much N. What is your runoff pH and ppm?

THCMonster

THCMonster

thats crazy if its Phosphorus because your bloom nutrients should have plenty of phosphorus. I will say its a possibility because you have the purpling stems, but the veins in the leaves would be purplish too if that was the case!

Just hit your plant up with cal mag then phosphorus and find out whose right! lmao

thats basically what im getting from this thread!

Top Bottom