?'s Modding Central Ac to Grow Room Ac

• Thread starter Slips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slips

I have a central ac not being used ... over 48,000 btu

So if I move the evaporator coil to my room with air flowing through it, It would work much like a split unit ?

Or am I missing something ...

how-to-troubleshoot-a-central-air-conditioning-system-1.jpg

Is this going to be a pain ... and I should just order a cheap mini split (36,000BTU $2k)?

Slips

S modding central ac to grow room ac
Giddeon

Giddeon

Super pain if you ask me unless you can unhook your lines and recharge them properly I wouldn't even think to attempt it.

S

Slips

Well I was planning on a professional doing it, I just wanted to know if it could be done and will work ... I already know recharging the lines is in the process ... and would be a semi-permanent thing ...

I live in a cool enough place where I shouldn't need ac for myself ...

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have a central ac not being used ... over 48,000 btu

So if I move the evaporator coil to my room with air flowing through it, It would work much like a split unit ?

Or am I missing something ...

how-to-troubleshoot-a-central-air-conditioning-system-1.jpg

Is this going to be a pain ... and I should just order a cheap mini split (36,000BTU $2k)?

Slips

Can't move just coil unless you have something to move 1600 cfm of air across coil and in a case. Huge pain in but. From looks of your outside unit I would say it is 10 yrs or older and inefficient. Get a mini split with inverter. You will use a lot less electricity and heartache plus a 48k unit will do 12kw worth of lights. If doing less lights than that the unit will cycle too much and you will have temperture spikes and valleys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom