?'s Modding Central Ac to Grow Room Ac

• Thread starter Slips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Slips

I have a central ac not being used ... over 48,000 btu

So if I move the evaporator coil to my room with air flowing through it, It would work much like a split unit ?

Or am I missing something ...

how-to-troubleshoot-a-central-air-conditioning-system-1.jpg

Is this going to be a pain ... and I should just order a cheap mini split (36,000BTU $2k)?

Slips

S modding central ac to grow room ac
Giddeon

Giddeon

Super pain if you ask me unless you can unhook your lines and recharge them properly I wouldn't even think to attempt it.

S

Slips

Well I was planning on a professional doing it, I just wanted to know if it could be done and will work ... I already know recharging the lines is in the process ... and would be a semi-permanent thing ...

I live in a cool enough place where I shouldn't need ac for myself ...

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have a central ac not being used ... over 48,000 btu

So if I move the evaporator coil to my room with air flowing through it, It would work much like a split unit ?

Or am I missing something ...

how-to-troubleshoot-a-central-air-conditioning-system-1.jpg

Is this going to be a pain ... and I should just order a cheap mini split (36,000BTU $2k)?

Slips

Can't move just coil unless you have something to move 1600 cfm of air across coil and in a case. Huge pain in but. From looks of your outside unit I would say it is 10 yrs or older and inefficient. Get a mini split with inverter. You will use a lot less electricity and heartache plus a 48k unit will do 12kw worth of lights. If doing less lights than that the unit will cycle too much and you will have temperture spikes and valleys.

Top Bottom