Sad plant

• Thread starter Ginger farm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ginger farm

Ginger farm

It looks pretty bad for your little green friend, unfortunately. So that his passing isn't for vain, now might be a time to get few items together to keep this from happening again. A 60 watt light isn't going to help too much...but every little bit helps and 2 of them are much better than nothing. With the immanent passing, I would go out and get a bag of good, quality potting soil, like Miracle Grow or another name brand with a good reputation. I use Promix, but just about any quality growing medium that won't get hard (like yard or garden soil tends to do after a while) and has good drainage. I'd get a bigger pot to grow it in, since the last one was sort of small...the more root area they have, the better/faster they will grow. Pop a seed or find a clone and put it in the new pot, watering it prior to planting and once again, lightly, once in the ground. Stay on top of the water because small pots dry out quickly and can cause problems with young plants. I can't recommend how much or often to water using the LEDs that you have, since I don't know how quickly they will dry out. You don't want the medium to be dry, but not soaked, either. Damp is best.
Sorry for the rant. I just don't want to see you fail again when it is actually pretty easy to have a good grow as long as you have a good growing medium, plenty of light (maybe most important), water, and regular $10 fertilizer/nutes. The hardest thing is leaving them alone and having patience. It's like watching paint dry, but patience will reward you well if you don't try to overthink the grow. I learned 35 + years ago, using a 1000w Metal Halide light, Promix, 6 gallon buckets, and generic fertilizer. I stuck with the recipe and have never had a problem since, other than bugs or issues that I created. I guess it can be like playing golf... the more you think about it, the worse you perform. Just letting things go will reward you in the end. It can be super simple or it can be complex depending on what and how you grow it. Start easy and simple. If you need help, I'm more than happy to teach you what I know.
Thank you. You have been helpful. I’ve got 5 new seeds on the way. 1x Girl Scout cookie, 1xcookie doh-ope, 1x ingested gelato and one which they gaze for free which is fruit tree fem

Madbud

Madbud

Dude, she needs life support and its going to take at least a week to recover. Make a dome, when condensation gets heavy inside, loosen the cap.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Thank you. You have been helpful. I’ve got 5 new seeds on the way. 1x Girl Scout cookie, 1xcookie doh-ope, 1x ingested gelato and one which they gaze for free which is fruit tree fem
You might need to get another light if you are going to try multiple plants. Cheap lights are available for pretty cheap that will grow several plants well enough. The bulbs you bought will help with the plant when it is young and small, but if it gets big, it will need a larger light. I can't overemphasize how important a good light is for a successful grow. I tried and failed for years before I tried a metal halide bulb, and I haven't had a problem since. LEDs have come a long way and might be better for less experienced growers.
Good luck in the future! As your experience grows, this will all become 2nd nature and you will wonder why you ever had so much problems.

Ginger farm

Ginger farm

You might need to get another light if you are going to try multiple plants. Cheap lights are available for pretty cheap that will grow several plants well enough. The bulbs you bought will help with the plant when it is young and small, but if it gets big, it will need a larger light. I can't overemphasize how important a good light is for a successful grow. I tried and failed for years before I tried a metal halide bulb, and I haven't had a problem since. LEDs have come a long way and might be better for less experienced growers.
Good luck in the future! As your experience grows, this will all become 2nd nature and you will wonder why you ever had so much problems.
I was gonna get one like this, HCDMRE Led Grow Lights for Indoor Plants, Full Spectrum UFO 90W LED Plant Light Growth Flowering Fill Light

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I was gonna get one like this, HCDMRE Led Grow Lights for Indoor Plants, Full Spectrum UFO 90W LED Plant Light Growth Flowering Fill Light
One thing that I found out about many LED grow lights is the total lack of standardization. I took a look at the light you are considering, but it is lacking any type of technical info about the lamp... plenty of growing theory and stuff, but no indication of total wall-wattage use and other bits and pieces of info. I bought a LED grow panel and it looked great on paper, but when it arrived, it was cheap, not powerful, and suitable for starting plants, or possible extra light, but it wouldn't have worked too well for growing anything of size. There were some other light panels on the Amazon UK site that looked nice, but when I looked at one that was 1000 watt, it was only 40 pounds. When I looked at the actual power use, if I could find the info, it was only drawing 100 watts of power... so how can you get 1000 watts of light energy from 100 watts of energy? No, it can't be done.
I would think this out a little more. How big of a grow do you plan on doing? A small plant takes as long as a large plant, and a small plant isn't going to yield much. Do you have any special areas for growing...tent, room, outdoors, etc? Once you determine how big/tall.
or how many plants you want to realistically grow, then you can pick out a system that is the best for your application without spending cash for junk equipment. Cheap LEDs are fine, but just understand what you might need to fit your grow. If you are satidfied with growing a single plant, or one that won't be getting too large, then the light that you are considering might work. The problem with smaller light fixtures (as opposed to larger frames, not necessarily more light) is that they tend to emit their light sort of like a spot light does. It focus's the light well, but it doesn't always spread it out evenly over the desired coverage area. The more you can spread the light, the more it can reach areas that might have been shaded by a spot light beam shape.
A bright light source and a large pot to grow in is all that you really need to have a good crop. A great crop might require a little more, but you don't need a ton of fancy equipment or potions to have a grow that you only dreamed of. You could ask for recommendations from the growers onsite... I know there are dozens of threads about good LEDs, and they might help to sort out the maze between the cheap but adequate Blurple style LEDS, to the Quantum boards that everyone seems to enjoy. I use MH/HPS myself, so I can't give you too much direct experience with LEDs, but I have a bit of experience other than that. From what I can see, it's hard to make a mistake unless you get an obvious scam, like the USB grow lights which are worthless, but look good when photoshopped next to a large plant
Sorry for the morning rant. Between Sativa for kidney failure and prednisone for other issues, I'm ready to run a marathon!

roach

roach

Listen to Jimster, he knows what he is talking about, and way better at explaining than I am.

Only advice I will give is go to your local garden center and buy a small bag of seedling soil to start any future seeds in, if they have perlite get a small bag of that too and mix in 10-20% depending on how much is already in the seedling soil (if any). It's cheap and it reduces the risk of overfertilization and wrong PH.

W

WeedGameGod

Hi all I’m new to growing. my plant is 12 days old. It was going well the plant was happy and looked good. Could do with more light but am just growing it on a window, when it’s sunny and hot outside I put it on the outside ledge for more light. But within the past two days the plant has shit the bed and started to die. I assumed it was overwatering so I changed the soil and put a little big of water literally nothing just to dampen the surface. The first picture is from two days ago and the second is today.
The soil looks like crap bro u need food soil dirt and mud is never a good idea there's no air flow for one no openings for water to run thru the dirt so it's just holding the water definitely try and get some real soil it's cheap I paid 10$ for a big bag of soil with peralsite and everything already mixed in .... But definitely that's why it's dying prolly drowned it bro

Top Bottom