Salt For Ever In Coco?

• Thread starter brianneil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
xavier7995

xavier7995

Are you talking about flushing before harvest or are you planning to re=use the coco and flushing the medium after
Reusing after harvest. From what I gather I should flush it out in a big container and then "recharge" or however you want to put it to get the PH and such back to where it starts out at by soaking with light nutes/ph stuff.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Still figuring my way out here and not sure how to edit a post, but I double checked my notes and the "palms" brand i mentioned was actually the nutrifield brand loose coco.
Regular members have a limited time window during which to edit posts. I can't remember what the time limit is, unfortunately. I wanna say a half an hour.

B

beaver

Is it just NaCl salts or phosphates?
EC will give a reading for any salt, not just sodium or phosphate. Being coco if its contaminated with sea water most likely sodium chloride but without knowing the products history thats just speculation

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

ALL coco coming into the states is left out in a huge lot for a year or two to break down, during which time they are "flushed of all salts" by continuous monsoon rains. They break it down and sift it, then let it dry, then sift again and compress it. ALL coco that you buy (even canna) is imported into the US as a cheap, "shitty" brick of compressed coco, which is usually rehydrated with a light solution of calcium nitrate (sometimes not) prior to packaging.

I water the shit out of coco, most people I know having trouble with coco do not water it enough, the compressed bricks need to be saturated at all times, if you are having trouble with them use warm water to expand them. IDK what all the jazz is about flushing and soaking compressed coco, I've never once done anything more than add water until it's the right consistency and have had great success with almost every brand of coco.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've had problems soaking, but I was using fucking COLD-ass water. Then someone told me about using warm or hot water, and it made things SO much easier. But I drained that water I used to decompress away.

I am going to have to get my coco fu back on, or learn how to work with Pro-Mix and Sunshine peat moss. I have to do an indoor run this winter, gotta, and it's been a few years since I have. :o

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

do an indoor run this winter, gotta, and it's been a few years since I have

Sea Lady
U will rock the indoor grow, You said it straight for sure if its been a min or so
Go with the Promix Stay with the ACT and OG bio WAR and do what you do Best
COOK that Art.
Be ever on your side
Peace Sea Lady
FlyJ

Top Bottom