Samsung lm301b or lm301h?

• Thread starter HTCLeafLST
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HTCLeafLST

HTCLeafLST

Hi everyone, i've been a lurker for quite a while here and seeing more and more grower switching to LEDs!

I'm in the process of upgrading my old 250watt HPS grow light to a quantum board and was originally looking at the samsung lm301b diodes but while I was researching I learned that Samsung has the newer lm301h diode.

It seems like it makes sense to buy the lm301h diode because they have improved light spectrum and intensity, I found Niemi LED who sells them

Migrower

Migrower

No the spec sheets are different because one is marketed in lumens the other photons. For some trusted sourced info check green genes vlog titled “Saturday morning live” It’s from last Saturday. Go to 5:30 in and watch. This man knows his buisness. I believe what he says.

420baby

420baby

I think there is no big difference. I would like to recommend you one Mars SP250 that i was using.

BigCube

BigCube

Personally I would go with COBs.
Or just screw in led bulbs.
The LEDs on quantum boards arent super special or anything. They are a BIT more efficient than some other SMD but no more than any COB. The spectrum isnt any different from a dollar store LED bulb with the same k.

Honestly though, for the price of a quantum board, you could have more than twice as much light for the same price using led bulbs, and have a better footprint.

Just my .02$

BigDawgBudz

BigDawgBudz

Hey so I saw this thread and I know I'm a bit late but I'd like to share some personal experience and opinion based on what I've learned. Samsung diode lm301h is actually more effective in transferring energy from electrons. Depending on who builds the board you are looking at 2.7-3.03 μmol/J for the lm301h. The lm301b tops at about 2.7-2.8. So there is a difference but it's subtle. Running a 3500k spectrum with either diode you will achieve about the same results (assuming all other conditions are the same). Unfortunately new growers focus so much on these little things that they forget the magic is in the soil and nutrients. My advice is go with the cheaper diode and spend the extra money on a good organic potting soil and/or quality genetics. Those two factors will be weather you grow top shelf or not. I currently run a 480 watt QB lm30lh (dimmable) and a 480 watt lm301b, both with IR and UV chips and honestly they both look to be affecting the plants the same. That's my 2cents ✌️

BigCube

BigCube

There is pretty much no difference. Its branding. People pay more for something if they think its horticultural.

The "difference" is 0.05, well within error bars or within the +- ratings. You will find the same difference between most LEDs of the same designation I'm sure.

I go even further for efficiency, I don't waste a single watt of my quantum board on red ir or uv. Check out the efficiency of those red ir and uv chips. I'm not sacrificing wattage that could be better spent running lm301's, to run inefficient heaters that burn out fast.

BigDawgBudz

BigDawgBudz

There is pretty much no difference. Its branding. People pay more for something if they think its horticultural.

The "difference" is 0.05, well within error bars or within the +- ratings. You will find the same difference between most LEDs of the same designation I'm sure.

I go even further for efficiency, I don't waste a single watt of my quantum board on red ir or uv. Check out the efficiency of those red ir and uv chips. I'm not sacrificing wattage that could be better spent running lm301's, to run inefficient heaters that burn out fast.
I'm not trying to be mean or anything but in your last post you suggested COB and now your saying you have a QB with no IR or UV. Hmm.... Having 25 UV and 25 IR chips out of 1200 diodes running at 480 watts is nothing (true 480 at the wall with no fan), you aren't sacrificing anything actually only stimulating photosynthesis and promoting the plant to Initiate it's immune system (which increases tricomes and THC Obviously) Running top bin diodes you don't lose anything. Do the math. Sorry bro mic drop ⚡

BigCube

BigCube

I'm not trying to be mean or anything but in your last post you suggested COB and now your saying you have a QB with no IR or UV. Hmm.... Having 25 UV and 25 IR chips out of 1200 diodes running at 480 watts is nothing (true 480 at the wall with no fan), you aren't sacrificing anything actually only stimulating photosynthesis and promoting the plant to Initiate it's immune system (which increases tricomes and THC Obviously) Running top bin diodes you don't lose anything. Do the math. Sorry bro mic drop ⚡

Yes, much can change in 3 months. I have since switched to quantum boards with the lm301 leds. There is an entire thread here in where I ask about quantum boards, do some research and learn just how much better they are.

People learn, opinions change. Mic drop? How old are you? 🤭

BigCube

BigCube

I didn't say not to use ir or uv. I didn't even say I dont use it. I just said I dont want to waste the wattage of my fixture on inefficient ir and uv LEDs that burn out faster.

What I actually do is supplement my light with other smaller, cheaper, easily replaceable when they burn out lights.

I guess this is where the kids drop the mic.....

🤣

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
i found my spider famer Q boards to be very fair priced as for lights with the features i needed . far less than what most suggested lights go for. i'm halfway through my first grow so i can't possibly know shit. but so far i would say this to a new grower. pick a price point and get the best light you can at that price. then worry about all the million other things that will come up and demand your attention. so some degree, a basic light, fresh air, grow medium and some nutes from time to time and shot will grow. and toss out the notion that you can push a plant etc etc, and learn, practice good grow habits. upgrade your gear when you have extra loot and your skills demand it. in short lights are only one part of the larger picture of growing successful cannabis.

OG

BigDawgBudz

BigDawgBudz

I really don't care. You just shouldn't give out incorrect information. I've been running QB for a few years I don't need you to tell me to do research when I'm the one to post factual info and your sentences are scrambled with opinion and zero scientific explanation.

BigCube

BigCube

I really don't care. You just shouldn't give out incorrect information. I've been running QB for a few years I don't need you to tell me to do research when I'm the one to post factual info and your sentences are scrambled with opinion and zero scientific explanation.

What is it opinion or incorrect information? I make it a habbit to point out these are my opinions. Like starting off with "personally I would" and end with things like "that's just my 2 cents". To make it obvious it's my opinion. As we have already established, I was unaware of the lm301's vast difference of efficiency.
And now I know. Are you trying to say people shouldn't learn? Or listen to and be convinced by others of the facts?

Seriously man. Its like you're trying to belittle me for learning and changing my mind. How fucking sad is that?

Sonnyhad

Sonnyhad

Yes, much can change in 3 months. I have since switched to quantum boards with the lm301 leds. There is an entire thread here in where I ask about quantum boards, do some research and learn just how much better they are.

People learn, opinions change. Mic drop? How old are you? 🤭
Do you think they are better than cmh or lec lights? I'm seeing a lot of info on these samsung boards.

BigDawgBudz

BigDawgBudz

Something to consider is your grow space size. If it's small a QB is kinda overkill and pricey.

ScynceLED

ScynceLED

Scynce.Head
Supporter
And I do mean exact same Samsung states it themselves.!!
I got this from our Samsung rep the other day:

"The real story with the 301H is that they are identical to the 301B. They are just marketed to different markets and their data is presented accordingly. They both have the same photon or luminous efficacy (depends how you want to look at it). There is no tweaking or special phosphor used, the anti sulphurization coating and stronger bind wires (which is key in many harsher environments, but especially horticulture) is the exact same on both parts. But since they were gaining so much traction in the horticulture market with the 561c and 301b years back, they decided to cater specifically to that market and give them a unique data sheet that works for the specific industry; micromoles rather than lumens for the case of the 301H. "

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I got this from our Samsung rep the other day:

"The real story with the 301H is that they are identical to the 301B. They are just marketed to different markets and their data is presented accordingly. They both have the same photon or luminous efficacy (depends how you want to look at it). There is no tweaking or special phosphor used, the anti sulphurization coating and stronger bind wires (which is key in many harsher environments, but especially horticulture) is the exact same on both parts. But since they were gaining so much traction in the horticulture market with the 561c and 301b years back, they decided to cater specifically to that market and give them a unique data sheet that works for the specific industry; micromoles rather than lumens for the case of the 301H. "

Makes me happy that I didn't spring the extra $$ for the 301H. I was not aware that this was a marketing ploy. I just thought the extra money for the 301H would buy me very little improvement from the 301B. Sounds like I made the right choice.

nicemachines

nicemachines

This has been my first year growing inside. Two 2X2X4 tents. One I have a cheap Amazon sold light that has the option for blue and red or both. I leave both on, plants didn't like just red and the blue didn't really make them happy either. With both the blue for veg and the red for flower both turned on, it's like a pinkish color inside the tent. The other tent I have a VIVOSUN light that has the Samsung LM301H. I bought this light for $119. For the dude that responded just before me here, the LM301H LED Boards are NOT EXPENSIVE and they are a little different from the LM301B, it's slight, but they ARE DIFFERENT! For one, the LM301H is the brightest LED option on the market as of this moment I am writing this. So you can go and say they B's are the same as the H's is FAKE NEWS DUDE! Anyway, I have noticed the plants using the LM301H grow faster! They claim you can get up to 40% more yield in mass of plants, so yeah, I'll keep up with technology and use the LM301H, even though they are close to the LM301B, STILL NOT THE SAME!

Top Bottom