Santa Fe Dehumidifier

• Thread starter oxanaca
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

advanced396

At the end of the day it all depends on what size pots your running & how many trees., also how many tons of ac. Your Ac work as a Dehuey it takes out about 20% RH out. Then you have to calculate how many gallon pots you have.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Did one last little bit of homework. At $0.15 KWH it costs me this much per 100 gallons of dehumidification.
Quest 105 $13.6
Quest 155 $16.4
Quest 205 $21.05
Dri eaz revolution lgr $25.53
Phd200 $27.4
My current dehumidifier $54.5
I think im probably the only one that cares about electrical usage reading this, but I thought I would share anyways. Gonna order the quest 155 (santa fe 155) tonight

Coir

Coir

Did one last little bit of homework. At $0.15 KWH it costs me this much per 100 gallons of dehumidification.
Quest 105 $13.6
Quest 155 $16.4
Quest 205 $21.05
Dri eaz revolution lgr $25.53
Phd200 $27.4
My current dehumidifier $54.5
I think im probably the only one that cares about electrical usage reading this, but I thought I would share anyways. Gonna order the quest 155 (santa fe 155) tonight

Thanks for the information. Interesting to see how efficient the 105 is. Have to do some long term extrapolation to see if the added cost of running more of the smaller units has a better ROI than going with the larger ones.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

@leadsled is correct, Quest FTW.

Same Manufacturer behind all of them but Quest was made for Hydroponic Indoor use and that makes the unit much easier to warranty.

My company recently put together a chart depicting which size unit would handle how many light fixtures...

At 7,000 watts the Quest 155 is your best option, 205 would be great but overkill IMO. The 155 pulls roughly 6 Pints/ Kilowatt, weighs 140lbs and is roughly 2'x2'x3'

@Coir that 105 pulls 8.8 pints per kilowatt, I highly doubt there is another unit, especially a portable, that is more energy efficient. Take into account when your unit is not operating in recommended temps (80F/60RH) it bogs the unit down and becomes much more of a hog to run. This is the reason portable units, or any other unit that draws down low is extremely inefficient.

Remember this too, dry air attracts moist air, meaning dehueys do not need to be evenly distributed. The room will even itself out.
Quest cheat sheet

The last option from Surna should actually read 405 pints/day...

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

At the end of the day it all depends on what size pots your running & how many trees., also how many tons of ac. Your Ac work as a Dehuey it takes out about 20% RH out. Then you have to calculate how many gallon pots you have.
Yes but what about at night? No AC = Dehuey doing ALL the work. I agree a grow style like coco beds with massive plants will equate to additional RH. Anyone running beds should always size their system up for overkill.

A

advanced396

It always good to go with over kill, just in case your going to put more lights up in the future.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Power dry 4000 is a beast. We've bought a BUNCH of Quest, never had a problem. GREAT energy efficient units. This one unit gets us into the 60s at 100% humidity lights off on a 20 lighter roughly 9000 CUBIC feet. Quest is the shit. Good purchase Ox.

Ran drieaz for years never had problems, good units too. Used Ideal Air and they've been problematic.

J

jonandy

Are these compatible with reg ballast or do you need digital and what kinda fixtures are you using with those TK

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Have phoniex 270HTX and some 200MAX all are the Low Grain models and some have over 30k HRS rocking 24-7

Billyboat

Billyboat

I can second quest...in a 24k room rocking beds I have 3 quest 205's and I can get the humidity to where ever I want it during the night time. Gone are the days of humidity issues.

W

Worm254

Has anybody tried or seen Hydro Innovations (made by surna i think) new 450ppd commercial dehumidifier? Thinking about picking it up but thought id see if anybody has any experience with it. It is also one of the few I've seen that is 240V.

oxanaca

oxanaca

Has anybody tried or seen Hydro Innovations (made by surna i think) new 450ppd commercial dehumidifier? Thinking about picking it up but thought id see if anybody has any experience with it. It is also one of the few I've seen that is 240V.
the surna dehumidifier looks awsome. In another year I will purchase one of those.
damn good price too at $3k for 400ppd

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Yea I just may have to try one of those Surnas. I run Santa Fe's and Quest's in all my rooms, no difference at all between the two.

Top Bottom