Sassy's garden 2014

• Thread starter Sassyfemme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sassyfemme

Row of Durban Poison + U.K. Cheese cross along the fence, and on the right hand side, in front is a Big freeze and just in back is a Big Kiwi.
July23 DP  UK Cheese

A still small White Widow with promise.
July23 White Widow or Sensi Star

Big Kiwi standing at 6' 5"
July23 Big Kiwi

S

Sassyfemme

So, today, we had to work on the Big Kiwi plant seen below. It was so dense that I was a little concerned about mold eventually developing and no way am I going to sit by idly ... so, we bent some branches down a little, tying them off to posts. This should help light get in deeper and create a better air circulation as well. This plant is a good 7 feet tall, and with the bending, easily as wide. Just the stem is about 7" in circumference, this one is for the books if I can get it to harvest. :D

July29 Big Kiwi

818 Headband, aka the original Sour OG. This is one of seven such plants in the garden, this one stands at 5' 4", and is full of tops. Flowering has begun.

July29 818 Headband M

S

Sassyfemme

Big Kiwi, 7' 7", pretty much as wide and that stem is at a killer 9+ inches in circumference.
Aug18 Big Kiwi

Durban Poison x U.K. Cheese ( a local Quebec strain ), the tallest is at 5' 6" and about 6' 4" wide, very bushy and should be ready by early October.
Aug18 appalaches

Nebula x Juan x Big, 4'
Aug18 Nebula

Some of my 818 Headbands ( Sour OG ), and a short DeLaHaze in the lower left. All the Headbands are at least 4' 6" and up to over 5'.
Aug18 Headbands et DLH

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

PLANTS ARE,

SO FUCKIN HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Great job so far,an good thing your makin a cover..
id hat to see rains drill them into the ground at budding???
Your SOILS look so brown around them too!!!
all i got is beach sands..huh,FLA..
but i make large amounts of compost all the time.

How did i miss this thread???
Keep them happy,flowering has begun!
LG

S

Sassyfemme

PLANTS ARE,

SO FUCKIN HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Great job so far,an good thing your makin a cover..
id hat to see rains drill them into the ground at budding???
Your SOILS look so brown around them too!!!
all i got is beach sands..huh,FLA..
but i make large amounts of compost all the time.

How did i miss this thread???
Keep them happy,flowering has begun!
LG

Hi OLDproLg, :)

Thank you very much, yeah, we get too much rain up here and it also gets quite damp. So far, things seem to be ok but I keep spraying them with a solution of garlic/vegetable oil and dish soap to help keep mold away. The soil I got from a local Plant Nursery and it filled the area with 2+ feet ( add to this that I first had the existing soil roto-tilled and we are at 3-4 feet of loose soil. In each plant hole, of course I prepared a richer soil ( coco fibre, bone and blood meal, worm casting compost, shrimp compost, vermiculite, perlite, promix with myco ). Since flowering began, I am feeding them with a tea composed of blackstrap molasses, kelp, worm casting compost, bat guano and any left over fruits and vegetables I find.

On top of soil, I have added hay, which as it decomposes, enriches the underlying soil with more nitrogen ( as well as helps in retaining soil humidity and warmth at night ).

Will be adding more covering in the couple of days. :)

Top Bottom