• Thread starter Sassyfemme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Your Garden is Awesome! :woot:
Our big problem is rain and humidity, cause mildew and mold, I'm treating a few plants with a solution of Peroxide and water. Thinking of making plastic individual covers for when it rains.
Someone told me about this stuff called Actinovate you can spray and or soil drench with it. I did both I hope it helps
Actinovate
2oz for 19 bucks but it goes along way..

LordVane

LordVane

Never seen a male that big before. Cull them way before they get anywhere near that size.

Your garden looks great. Love the perspective all of the whole thing from up on the hill.

Prince Blanc

Prince Blanc

Looking good Sass! Shame about the BK male. Amazing it took so long to show its sex!

S

Sassyfemme

Looking good Sass! Shame about the BK male. Amazing it took so long to show its sex!

Crazy thing is, up until a couple of days ago, it hadn't really started flowering though it was clear to me by the pistils that it was a female ... then boom, sacs. Now, I'm not saying they weren't there all along and that I didn't see them, everything is possible, but I know what to look for and those sacs just weren't showing.

DAT

DAT

HI Sassy, I love your garden, its AMAZING! :D
sorry to hear about the kiwi going male. That is crazy so late like that.:eek:
Can you pull all the pollen sacks off and maybe it will revert back to a female???
or can you use Dutch Masters Reverse? :bookworm: I love the leaves and the huge trunk, its a KNOCK OUT!
How do you make your garlic/olive oil/dishsoap mildew spary?
Thanks for posting all the beautiful pictures.Your an incredible Gardener!!!:D

S

Sassyfemme

HI Sassy, I love your garden, its AMAZING! :D
sorry to hear about the kiwi going male. That is crazy so late like that.:eek:
Can you pull all the pollen sacks off and maybe it will revert back to a female???
or can you use Dutch Masters Reverse? :bookworm: I love the leaves and the huge trunk, its a KNOCK OUT!
How do you make your garlic/olive oil/dishsoap mildew spary?
Thanks for posting all the beautiful pictures.Your an incredible Gardener!!!:D

I cut the plant down and burnt it at a friends, I was too worried about having the pollen so close to my garden. I have two other Big Kiwis, not as big as that one but respectable, one at over 6 feet and the other, not far behind. Clearly not the gardener I need to be.

I borrowed the recipe from elsewhere, but here it is:

Garlic Oil Recipe

garlic.jpg

• • 1 whole garlic minced
    • 1 cup vegetable oil
    • 2 teaspoons garlic oil mixture
    • 1 quart water
    • A few drops dishwashing liquid
    First prepare garlic oil mixture by combining garlic and oil. Refrigerate for a day or two. Strain out garlic. Mix remaining ingredients with 2 tsp of garlic oil mixture. Spray as needed. Garlic oil works on insects, mold and mildew.
    http://www.green-and-simple-living.com/organic-garden-pest-control.html

DAT

DAT

sorry Sass... :(RIP big kiwi:(... BUT HEY!!!
that's awesome you have a couple more in the garden.
DId you get contact high from the burn? sounds really spiritual and where you live looks so lovely and peaceful.
at first I thought that picture you posted was an ern with the male Kiwi ashes in it.lol.
THank you so much for the recipe, it sounds wonderful.:happy: U ROCK!:happy:

S

Sassyfemme

sorry Sass... :(RIP big kiwi:(... BUT HEY!!!
that's awesome you have a couple more in the garden.
DId you get contact high from the burn? sounds really spiritual and where you live looks so lovely and peaceful.
at first I thought that picture you posted was an ern with the male Kiwi ashes in it.lol.
THank you so much for the recipe, it sounds wonderful.:happy: U ROCK!:happy:

If I did, I can honestly say I didn't notice, was already feeling no pain. Hope the recipe helps. :)

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

Wow - your garden is as beautiful as the female is in ANY lifeform.....plants, animals, humans, marine life - should I go on ? Your thread is just as amazing! Quick ?uestion for you though.....my brother-in-law farms hay but it is the grass hay type and not the straw type ........could I perhaps use that as a "blanket"? We have already hit the high 40s at night here in S.W. Colorado and I too am getting worried about the cooler nights......
p.s. your garden confirms that I am a mere infant in this game we call growing......thanks for that reality check. Hahahaha
This is what my morning looks like here......my garden is somewhere back in that direction.....
20140827 083411

ByrneBurnham

ByrneBurnham

Never seen a male that big before. Cull them way before they get anywhere near that size.

Dang - if my one and only male (that made the cut) is about 2' tall right now heading into flower (just beyond the preflowering stage as the sacs are in EASILY visible) do males double in height at the height of flowering (pun intended) ?

S

Sassyfemme

Wow - your garden is as beautiful as the female is in ANY lifeform.....plants, animals, humans, marine life - should I go on ? Your thread is just as amazing! Quick ?uestion for you though.....my brother-in-law farms hay but it is the grass hay type and not the straw type ........could I perhaps use that as a "blanket"? We have already hit the high 40s at night here in S.W. Colorado and I too am getting worried about the cooler nights......
p.s. your garden confirms that I am a mere infant in this game we call growing......thanks for that reality check. Hahahaha
This is what my morning looks like here......my garden is somewhere back in that direction.....View attachment 436081

Hello BB, :)

Thank you for the compliment. :) Yes, you can certainly use straw or grass hay as a blanket at this time of the year. One reason grass hay is not encouraged is that it may contain seeds from many types of weed that in turn could invade your garden. I use straw hay throughout the summer months as a mulch to prevent weeds from invading the garden, and as it decomposes, it returns precious nitrogen back in the soil. Grass hay is fine, specially at this time, as it will do the job in terms of keeping the heat from escaping to fast from around the roots. Hay also helps keep moisture in. Just make sure it's not put right up against the stalks. wouldn't want to create an environment that promotes mold. Yeah, it's getting chilly up in Quebec, nights are near frost levels, and my crop still has at least a month or so to go. :)

Reactions: DAT
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Our big problem is rain and humidity, cause mildew and mold, I'm treating a few plants with a solution of Peroxide and water. Thinking of making plastic individual covers for when it rains.
Try isopropyl alcohol instead, as it speeds drying and leaves nothing, whereas H2O2 degrades into water.

S

Sassyfemme

Try isopropyl alcohol instead, as it speeds drying and leaves nothing, whereas H2O2 degrades into water.

I actually tried ISO last year and it did help some, mostly slowed down the progress of botrytis and mildew but didn't stop it. I'll try again. :)

Supercharge

Supercharge

Super beautiful garden Sassy, filling out really well. Love the sunflowers peppered throughout it. They the giant variety?

S

Sassyfemme

Super beautiful garden Sassy, filling out really well. Love the sunflowers peppered throughout it. They the giant variety?

Hi Supercharge :)

Got a couple of sunflower variety's, one is called King Kong or Kong. Thank you, I love working in my garden, so peaceful. Everything is now in flower and it's all about seeing them through to harvest. :D

reyes plants

reyes plants

My 818 Headband is getting so big, I started it from seed indoors back in January, and used it as a mother plant from which i was able to make many fine clones. If it ends up doubling in size during flowering stage, I may very well be looking at an 8 to 10 foot plant.

View attachment 422641

Big Kiwi from mr.clones ( The Big by BC Bud Depot + Kiwiskunk ), this one is about 5' 9" tall. Next spell of good weather, I will be adding cord to hold up the branches, as I'm pretty sure that they will be getting very heavy once buds develop. :)
View attachment 422642

In this image, the row of plants along the fence ( left hand side ) are a cross between Durban Poison and U.K. Cheese and will make very good medicine. The one in the middle ( still along the fence ) measures about 4 feet in height and easily as wide. In the centre is a Big Freeze ( The Big + Freezeland ) and then there's the Big Kiwi in the upper right hand corner. :)
View attachment 422643

A DeLaHaze, still short but full of promise. I received this one as a clone just around the time I was putting the larger ones outdoors so never had the time to veg it longer. I am looking forward to testing it's buds in another three months.
View attachment 422644
She looks badass

S

Sassyfemme

Durban Poison x U.K. Cheese cross also know as Appalache in Quebec. They will likely finish by first week of October, very little odour but promises of plenty of yummy buds. They are very dense and full bushes, measuring over 6 feet in height and some are over 7 feet in width.
Sept1 Appalache
Sept1 Appalache1
Sept1 Appalache2
Sept1 Appalache bud

A Nebula x Juan x Big cross. No idea what to expect in terms of effects, but looking forward to discovering.
Sept1 NebulaxJuanxBig

Big Kiwi, this one is also over 6 feet tall, it's a cross between a BC Bud Depot's The Big and a Kiwiskunk.
Sept1 Big Kiwi

Big Freeze ( BC Bud Depot's The Big and Freezeland )
Sept1 Big Freeze

What I think may be a Herijuana plant ( could also be a Trainwreck or a cross between both as I did pop seeds of each one and then lost the labels so I'm no longer sure )
Sept1 Herijuana

Top Bottom