Sativa/Indica/Hybrid = Stupid.

• Thread starter vector
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vector

vector

I dont know if its just me but I hate when dispensaries separate there strains into Indica/Sativa and Hybrid. I guarantee pure sativas are almost non-existent in clubs. Lets be honest, 95% of the strains on their shelves are hybrids, maybe even more.

A much more accurate menu system would be

Indica Dom/Sativa Dom/Indica/Sativa

To be honest I think weedmaps is partially to blame. The Indica/Sativa/Hybrid is the format they use.

E

edux10

they probably just lump sativa dom into sativa and indica dom into indica.

It seems like a good idea if they know what they are talking about. I have seen Bubba Kush labeled as a sativa a few time before and stuff like that. I hate thinking about the idea of a medical patient getting the wrong meds because someone is trying to make a buck.

If i didnt know what makeup a strain was i would like to know tho. so i can see where it would be a good idea to label them.

There are defiantly medical strains and some that are not so medical. I agree you dont see many long flowering sativas at medical shops. They just cant afford it. To run your lights twice as long for around the same overall yield just isnt happening, even if some patients may need that medicine. maybe this will change somewhere down the road with the use of new hydroponic systems that could make the extra wait time worth it in the end harvest, idk. Seems like the med scene is kush dominated a lot, OG is a good hybrid and that is a good replacement for a pure sativa i guess.

Blue dream and green crack were around for a while, flowered fast so people liked it i guess. Didnt seem that crazy strong to me tho, maybe most people were harvesting it early. I did have some SUPER bomb green crack and blue dream. not from a disp tho, and obviously the grower took real good care of the crop and knew what they were doing. I dont know the specifics to the grow but i know it was a step up from mass produced indoor commercial buds that the grower is just trying to get in the bag to sell.

Ok, i will stop rambling now...

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The reason you don`t see many Sativa strains in despenceries is because they hardly buy any.They don`t think there customers will buy them so they don`t stock it much.They seem to only want hard bud, smelly,and elite sounding stuff. To bad because there are so many great strains and people are missing out because of that! An other problem I see is that they think there customers won`t buy or like outdoor grown. If done right outdoor should be able to hold it`s own against indoor in quality and can be more cost effective for customers. The God`s Gift in the smoke report by Rabbi is a good example When offered to clubs they would keep asking why I wasn`t asking to high of price.They didn`t understand it was grown outdoors until I told them even though they had looked it over well and even tryed samples out! If grown well,trimmed well and cured right it`s hard to tell the difference sometimes.Outdoor produces a larger yield for a lower overall cost to the farmer but if grown well can be almost equal in quality. You do get more contaminates from the open air it`s grown in, no way around that but I`ve seen some pretty dirty indoor also!

420Gator

420Gator

The reason you don`t see many Sativa strains in despenceries is because they hardly buy any.They don`t think there customers will buy them so they don`t stock it much.They seem to only want hard bud, smelly,and elite sounding stuff. To bad because there are so many great strains and people are missing out because of that!

i agree, hazes need a comeback

vector

vector

The reason you don`t see many Sativa strains in despenceries is because they hardly buy any.They don`t think there customers will buy them so they don`t stock it much

Definitely. Its sad, but you see tons of patients buying these dispensary labeled "sativas" and many of them truly believe they are pure sativas. This is according to many bud tenders ive talked to.

Hell yeah. Whens the last time you saw real Nevilles haze in a dispensary?

vector

vector

they probably just lump sativa dom into sativa and indica dom into indica.

Yeah one bud tender told me that patients would get confused by the indica dom/Sat dom labeling. This guy obviously didnt have much faith in his patients intellectual abilities.

S

saner1r

I have a Titan's Haze Mother Plant bro I will post some pics when her clones go into flower.

Shit for that matter we could all get together and smoke our SATIVA.

Remember the old school Orange Crush? Mmmm!
I have got some clones from the shops although its not the Crush I know.
Most of the clubs that I have dealt with love to get good Sativa. I think it must go fast.

420Gator

420Gator

I have a Titan's Haze Mother Plant bro I will post some pics when her clones go into flower.

Shit for that matter we could all get together and smoke our SATIVA.

Remember the old school Orange Crush? Mmmm!
I have got some clones from the shops although its not the Crush I know.
Most of the clubs that I have dealt with love to get good Sativa. I think it must go fast.

i dont remember! ive only been here for a few years but back in high school a kid went to cali for a year and would not stop talking about the orange crush, ive always wanted to try it

lazarus718

lazarus718

Love Hazes bro!!! Right now the big thing is who's weed looks the illest with big rock hard nugs and all the fancy names are easier to move. But you haven't experienced the plant if you haven't gotten into those nice airy hazes!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

i have filled in for some friends as a budtender, and the patients (especially the 18-24 agegroup) are def not the bightest of the bunch. coming in three times a day to buy a gram? coulda got a quarter for the same price tard. ive seen places that have a indica/sativa poster they can point to just so they dont have to explain it 20 times a day.

thing thing that really bothers me about the indica/sativa thing is that stores will want only indica or only sativa based on what theyre low on. brought some tahoe og around(very very indica dom) and one place before i even got in the door "you got any sativas, you smell like sativa." next day my tahoe og is on their shelf as super lemon haze.

P

Pandaman

It's almost a moot point when you walk in and do not recognize half the names on the jars. You try to look up the names online and they seem to be either non-existent (BS Name) or no genetic background. You could ask the budtender, but less than 50% of the time you get a competent answer. I don't see why a dispensary would expect patients to buy a bud that has no background or info on it at all. Although you may get lucky asking others in the store if they have tried it.

Peace

A

AliasAO

So right you are.

Most ppl around my neck of the woods will prefer hard ball nugs spray painted purple before they go to the good old green.

IMO, Indica DOM is good every once in a while but in NO way does Indica DOM beat out Sativa DOM.

Some of the best meds ive sampled were pure green with beautiful hairs and ALOT of snow on top.

One day id like to get my hands on a PURE SATIVA strain to try to give it a good long grow just for shits and giggles:stonedsmilie:

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

It's almost a moot point when you walk in and do not recognize half the names on the jars. You try to look up the names online and they seem to be either non-existent (BS Name) or no genetic background. You could ask the budtender, but less than 50% of the time you get a competent answer.

WORD. "Platinum" Blue dream my ass.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I`ve been looking for pure Orange Crush for some time.Seen a few clones around but not sure of there quality. I don`t even know if there are any seeds of this strain around anymore.It was a local strain some 20 + years ago. I was always impressed with how much it dumped through the silk screen and what a nice orange colour hash it made.Don`t think I`d cross it with anything as it`s good as it is but If I could only find a good clone I`d try Herijuana and Bx it for seeds.

I

IVIars

I dont think there is a pure sativa left around but i could be wrong. I hate when they have them seperated by indica/sativa/hybrid. They need to start catagorizing more by CBD/CBN/THC/THC_V etc......

Latest posts

Top Bottom