SativaBob's grow room garden diary

• Thread starter SativaBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SativaBob

SativaBob

So the glf clone plant I put in the tent didn't like the transition at all. She wasn't doing well after I put her in the tent. I'm trying to run the lights a little brighter but since the plant went from a blurple to a led I didn't want to shock it too much so I kept ppfd about the same as it was- around 375-400 ppfd. This still seemed too strong so I dropped it even further.. The first thing that happened was the yellowing started to spread from where I thought it was just light bleaching to all over the plant. Then brown spots started to appear on the leaves in random places. I was thinking I had some sort of nute lockout since I was feeding it and had it in non pd'ed buffered soil.
I have since top dressed with ph'ed soil (FFOF) and have been feeding it the normal grow nutes and calmag for every other watering then doing recharge once a month or maybe every 3 weeks. I flush with plain water once a month as well. I also removed the really yellow and/or spotted leaves, 5 or so at a time, per day. These steps have seem to make the plant happier after a couple of weeks. I Flipped the tent to flower 5 days or so ago so I can get her going and move on. I've had this clone in veg for months and want it gone!
I also put 2 more clones in the tent, the middle being from the big plant on the left and the far right plant is a clone from one of my last harvest.

Also have 2 other glf clones going that are smaller. I'm still waiting on the sex of the apparition plant but I think it's a girl.

SativaBob

SativaBob

Some final thoughts on the first grow...

In the end the taller plant gave me 2.3 oz's and the other one weighed in at 1.8 oz. The buds are dense and yet a little soft which I think will go away with more curing. All in all I'm pretty satisfied with my first grow and I'm looking forward to this next one that's already a week into flower. I'm already trading with friends and it's fun!
I wet trimmed the big stuff, hung the branches for 9 or 10 days, then trimmed it all up a bit more again. I then clipped all the buds off the branches and put them carefully in Brown paper bags with the bag cracked open a bit. I Flipped the bags every day and left them in there until the buds were crunchy on the outside. I did a tight trim then put it all into jars and burped them as often as needed until they were dry. Now I have them in with 62% rh packets and it seems to be curing away nicely. I open the jars to smell it all the time so it never goes a long time without new air.

For fun I harvested the first plant after 24 hrs of darkness and the second plant at the end of its light cycle. I haven't noticed any difference yet.
20211012 113304
20211012 210713
20211015 171158

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Hell yeah man! Grats on those killer looking cookie jars. I'm a little jealous of you guys with another grow on the way. I'm hoping to improve on my current setup and start another way next February or March.

SativaBob

SativaBob

Hell yeah man! Grats on those killer looking cookie jars. I'm a little jealous of you guys with another grow on the way. I'm hoping to improve on my current setup and start another way next February or March.
Thanks, bro!! My father in law gave us a few of those old jars way back when and I knew exactly what I was going to use them for one day, hahaha.

My other "veg area" is a blurple light my buddy is letting me borrow, hung in the corner of my basement, on a cheap timer. While I'm gawking at the flower tent I have others in veg for 2 months or so or until the tent is free then I swap everything out. I do seedlings under my lettuce light so I guess I have 3 stages of them going at once hah. I almost forget about them at times! So far, after the first grow, all but 1 have been clones. I'd like to get a small tent for all of it but maybe one day.

SativaBob

SativaBob

A few updates from the garden...
The first bean in the free pack of 5 I got from shn is a girl. She's called Apparition from best coast genetics which is head dog #9 x ghost rider x London pound cake. It's the first seed out of 4 or 5 from best coast that has popped and been viable. I just got in lake Tahoe as a replacement of the banana soft serve pack that were all duds so we'll see how they go. At least I got 1 for the $28 i spent! You get what you pay for with genetics but I figured, while I'm still learning, these would be fine to run and I wouldn't be super pissed if I killed them or to learn with. I think after these are all done I'll splurge for more name brand stuff but for now I'm having fun.
20211110 185658

Going into week 2 on the 2nd run in the tent. Got 2 clones of gorilla lemon fire and a clone of one of the sunset sherbert plants from my first grow. Here's a pic of one of the glf
Screenshot 20211111 222218 Gallery

And my homies got my care pack from my first grow 🤙🤣

Screenshot 20211111 152553 Facebook

SativaBob

SativaBob

Start of week 3 for this gorilla lemon fire clone.

No luck at all with the best coast seeds. I'll give them another week before trying the rest of them.
20211119 120641
20211119 120556

SativaBob

SativaBob

It seems I figured out my germination issue. I didn't think any of the 5 Lake Tahoe seeds would pop since the first 2 did the same shit the banana soft serve did, barely crack open and die, so I planted the last 3 and all of them popped and are looking good. Maybe ill get really lucky have have all of them be girls. Sorry for the shitty blurple light pic!
20211123 191319

SativaBob

SativaBob

Week 6! A little more yellowing than I'd like at this point but I'm still learning. They really seem to need much more N than a lot of the reading I've done has lead me to believe. I just put 2 more glf clones in the tent to flower so I'm going to try to feed them differently than these last 2 grows. I was happy with the last harvest, and this looks even better, so I think I'll be ok either way. I'd like to get a plant to 7 or 8 weeks before it starts to yellow but every strain will be different it seems so I'm just going to keep on keepin on with the ole collage try and learn as I go. It's fun as hell either way!

20211210 154729
SativaBob

SativaBob

Missing my week 7 pics because I'm quarantined in a room with flu. I got a positive test then a negative test a couple days later so I'm getting a pcr test on Monday. I feel totally fine as of today and only felt lousy for about 3 days.
In the meantime my wife is taking care of my girls. She's new to plants in general, and there's a pretty steep learning curve with caring for cannabis, but I'm thankful she's willing to try. I'm hopeful for another negative test so I can be reunited with everyone; and my plants!! Thankful I premixed all my nutes and that this situation happened in week 6 and not 7 or 8!
Could really use some eatibles right about now...

Mothman

Mothman

I'm quarantined in a room with flu. I got a positive test then a negative test a couple days later so I'm getting a pcr test on Monday. I feel totally fine as of today and only felt lousy for about 3 days.
In the meantime my wife is taking care of my girls.
Be careful out there! I’m vaxxed twice, boosted, and started wearing my mask at the grocery store again just today. Lotsa bad juju out and about.

Your bride is a trooper. I’ll burn one in her honor!

SativaBob

SativaBob

Be careful out there! I’m vaxxed twice, boosted, and started wearing my mask at the grocery store again just today. Lotsa bad juju out and about.

Your bride is a trooper. I’ll burn one in her honor!
Thanks, man! Yeah, she's awesome.
We're all vaxxed up, wear masks and all that stuff too, but got a light case of it anyway. Crazy stuff! Luckily it was just like a cold thanks to the vaccine 🤙🤘

SSgrower

SSgrower

Great thread Bob, I am in week 5 of flower, my 3rd run in a year or so. I am boosted & vaxxed and have been lucky so far. I will buy some quality seeds next year and hope the Pox goes away! Cheers bro, keep on keepin on.SS

SativaBob

SativaBob

My wife sent me a week 7 pic of one of my plants and reports that they are all doing alright. She's doing a great job taking care of them while I'm away. I can't wait to be reunited with the fam and my plants! 2 more days.... I feel like that Mariah Carey Christmas song... haha.
20211220 213300

SativaBob

SativaBob

Week 8 for this gorilla lemon fire. I love the way she looks. She's straight up all milky right now.
20211224 150042
20211224 150129
20211224 150208

And here's the mom I harvested yesterday.
20211222 212027

Happy holidays to everyone at the Farm!

SativaBob

SativaBob

Pretty stoked on this picture. 4 stages of flower! Also have 2 lettuces, spinach, and 4 different kinds of eatable flowers going. (Violas, nasty's, bachelor buttons, and chamomile.)
(Apparition is the far right and is in week 1, gorilla lemon fire is the next to the left and is in week 8, next one over is another glf clone and is in week 2, and the farthest left is a glf clone in week 4.)
20211228 140649

It's almost time to start the spring garden seeds too. My wife got me another 2x3 grow tent with a little marshydro light so it'll be much easier to start seeds and veg going forward. The tent has a 2x2 room as well as another 1x2 room with 2 grow areas. I think it'll be great for germinating seeds as well as rooting clones.
20211225 123554

Happy new year to everyone at the Farm. Anyone looking forward to growing anything specific in the new year? I'm stoked about the Lake Tahoe I have in veg right now as well as growing luffa squash so I can try to make sponges.

SativaBob

SativaBob

Next round of Lake Tahoe (Tahoe og x blue dream) looking happy in the new veg tent. This marshydro 600 doesn't come with a way to dim the light so it's been a challenge to get the ppfd right. I had it at just over 400 and the plants always looked droopy no matter what I did. I took them off of the box I had them on to drop the ppdf to ~300 and they seem to be much happier. I think maybe going from the blurple light to the led was a but much for them to handle.

Still waiting on the sex of them but the longer they don't tell me the more I think they're going to be girls.
20220103 102941

Top Bottom