SativaBob's grow room garden diary

• Thread starter SativaBob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SativaBob

SativaBob

Got around to harvesting some butter crunch lettuce today and, man, it's nice to have fresh greens in the winter. Got some more veg growing under my flowering plants and it's going well. I started broccoli and peas as well.
20220103 130614

Mothman

Mothman

I had it at just over 400 and the plants always looked droopy no matter what I did. I took them off of the box I had them on to drop the ppdf to ~300 and they seem to be much happier. I think maybe going from the blurple light to the led was a but much for them to handle. View attachment 1202778
I recently saw a MIGRO video that stated the optimal ppfd for veg phase is 350. I’m now running a bit higher (low 400s) in late veg and they show a touch of light burn. In flower, MIGRO recommends 700-800. FWIW…

Mothman

Mothman

Anyone looking forward to growing anything specific in the new year? I'm stoked about the Lake Tahoe I have in veg right now as well as growing luffa squash so I can try to make sponges.
I’m sitting on some fem Mimosa x Orange Punch seeds. Really looking forward to running those after my introductory crop is in the bag.

Your buds look delicious, BTW.

SativaBob

SativaBob

I recently saw a MIGRO video that stated the optimal ppfd for veg phase is 350. I’m now running a bit higher (low 400s) in late veg and they show a touch of light burn. In flower, MIGRO recommends 700-800. FWIW…
Thanks, man. I can see why 350 is where it's at. My 3 in veg are much happier since I made the change.

SativaBob

SativaBob

I’m sitting on some fem Mimosa x Orange Punch seeds. Really looking forward to running those after my introductory crop is in the bag.

Your buds look delicious, BTW.
Mimosa x orange sounds awesome!

And thanks for the compliment. I'm happy I'm learning more and more each grow.

Mothman

Mothman

Me too! It's cut with zkittlez so I'm thinking that's where the colors are coming from. I have 2 other clones a few weeks behind that I'm looking forward to also.
I’ve tried cloning repeatedly during this grow but no luck so far. No cloner, so I’ve been using old school methods, both with and without rooting hormone. Maybe someday I’ll give it another try 😖

SativaBob

SativaBob

I’ve tried cloning repeatedly during this grow but no luck so far. No cloner, so I’ve been using old school methods, both with and without rooting hormone. Maybe someday I’ll give it another try 😖
I had really good luck with using a fresh aloe cut as a rooting hormone. I cut right at a node, dip it in fresh aloe, and put it in a cup of water under a really dull light. They usually root in a couple weeks. I can put them in a sunny window during the summer and they root great. During the winter I use a cheap light I got from Amazon. Getting the right amount of light is the hardest part for me it seems.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I agree! It'll be cool to see what she does as flowering progresses.
what/how do you feed?
thinking your having deficiencies/toxicities
unless those strains are supposed to turn purple or you’ve been slowly lowering the temps at night down to 50-55 degrees or your ph is to high.
otherwise your not feeding correctly.,
just saying…

SativaBob

SativaBob

what/how do you feed?
thinking your having deficiencies/toxicities
unless those strains are supposed to turn purple or you’ve been slowly lowering the temps at night down to 50-55 degrees or your ph is to high.
otherwise your not feeding correctly.,
just saying…
Thanks for asking these questions. I thought it was phosphorus deficiency at first but my ph is good and I've been feeding it like I have been all the others in the past. There's a couple other deficiencies it could be too but I'm trying to narrow it all down. It has been pretty cold here at night, we've been getting ice and snow for 2 weeks now, so it could be that as well. These were free beans from a promo and I can't find really anything online about this strain to see if this is normal or not. The flowers get bigger every day so I'm assuming she's happy but I'm keeping am eye on things.
Edit: I feed foxfarm trio with calmag and recharge with a couple weeks of cha-ching, and beastie bloomz according to the foxfarm feeding schedule. Usually do half the recommended dosage and up it slowly during flowering. Right now I'm doing the week 5 feeding. I have a watering can I use and slowly water in to make sure I'm soaking as much of the medium as possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom