Satori & Cheese In Roots Organics Under 2x 300w Led

• Thread starter AlaskaJeff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Day 20: Plugging the stealth fan into the light timer was a temporary trick to solving the temp fluctuations it looks like. Had a low of 70 (where it started) and a high of 82 reached and was 78 this morning when I opened it up. It did trickle up there throughout the day though (was nice, bluebird day of 58 outside) and reached 90 around 3pm before coming back down to settle around 84 by later afternoon 5pm. Still, I feel like this setup can take it through veg and I'll have the outlet thermostat to go into flower. Also, once I have the thermostat running, I'll be able to better measure the temp variations by location within the closet. I imagine it's cooler opposite the heater for example.

All plants except Cheese 1&2 given ~64oz water. Still got no real run off though. I'm going to leave them until they tell me they need water now. Today's watering was good for them though. Cheese 2 definitely responded positively as she was looking little droopy perhaps. All the topped off cuts look clean and are closing up and drying. Plants are at least 10-15% larger overall today; all of them now popping out of the planters and Cheese 1 and Satori 7 are both wider than the diameter of their planters. Put all planters into overflow trays.

Plan is to take these into flower by Day 32. Hopefully I'll have the sex of some the Satori by then.

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Stop watering them every day lol, you should grow in coco next time, it is more forgiving to being overwatered
I swear to god I haven't truly watered them in 3 days and my cheese 2 was looking little droopy. I did give them some tea yesterday, but all it did was get the top 1/2" of the soil wet. Soil was all bone dry to top of my finger too this afternoon. And by weight, they weighed same as another planter I have with no plant but full of soil. But yeah, I did go over last week and weekend.

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Couple of day 21 pics. First are Cheese 1&2, note size diff. Next shots are group photo. Would seem back wall is best grow area. Also note the temps; need that thermostat as now seeing temps creep up a bit too high. Today I will rotate plants once outside temps go up a bit. Was 42 in the shed when I took these.

CIMG2555
CIMG2556
CIMG2555
CIMG2557
CIMG2558
CIMG2559
AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Oh, the one thing that did surprise me about their growth over last 24hrs is the stem. Holy crap! they've like at least tripled in girth and taken on a woody like appearance. Pretty cool.

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

(more) Day 21 pics

Overhead shots Cheese 1&2 followed by Satori 4-7. Noticing the diff between the two varieties with the satori more spread out and the cheese quite compact and dense. (Was incorrect above when saying the two pics were both cheese. One is cheese 1 and other is satori 7 (or 5 :) )
Last pic is of cheese 1 stem.
Enjoy. Enviro 84/20 @3pm

CIMG2565
CIMG2567
CIMG2568
CIMG2569
CIMG2570
CIMG2571
CIMG2572
CIMG2564
3N1GM4

3N1GM4

(more) Day 21 pics

Overhead shots Cheese 1&2 followed by Satori 4-7. Noticing the diff between the two varieties with the satori more spread out and the cheese quite compact and dense. (Was incorrect above when saying the two pics were both cheese. One is cheese 1 and other is satori 7 (or 5 :) )
Last pic is of cheese 1 stem.
Enjoy. Enviro 84/20 @3pm

So proud, didnt see one mention of watering in the last two posts! They look great!

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

So proud, didnt see one mention of watering in the last two posts! They look great!
Yeah, but gotta check out my post on the Alaska thread. Unfortunately still dealing with ignorance and intolerance. Think I've found a new home for my grow, thankfully. Still wondering if there are any collectives in Anchorage out there for growing. It's a great idea and I have to believe it's done, just finding one that would be a win for everyone is trick maybe?

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Well, one week later and all is good. Found a new home, or rather, a new home found the grow. Great big shout out and thanks to the dudes at Alaska Vets Cannabis Relief Org and the work they're doing. Some of this grow is dedicated to this organization and well, I just couldn't be happier. On to the grow:

DAY 29: The new digs are ~4'x10' room in a heated detached garage. It's all sealed up and have filtered air forced in through 4" fan. Keeping the temp at 78 during the day and 69 at night. No issues with enviro though is a bit dry at 25% rh and I think you can see it in some of the plants, esp. Cheese 1. Last watering was on Day 27 and they've been getting ~every 3-5 days. Went through today and clipped quite a few of the larger fan leaves and some smaller ones, then did a fair amount of training with pipe cleaners routed through the cloth pots. Pics are better though. As usual Cheese 1-2 followed by Satori 4-7. Then some overall grow pics. Enjoy.

CIMG2586
CIMG2587
CIMG2590
CIMG2591
CIMG2588
CIMG2589
CIMG2582
CIMG2583
CIMG2577
CIMG2581
CIMG2584
CIMG2585
CIMG2592
CIMG2595
CIMG2596
CIMG2597
CIMG2574
wasfromks

wasfromks

Well, one week later and all is good. Found a new home, or rather, a new home found the grow. Great big shout out and thanks to the dudes at Alaska Vets Cannabis Relief Org and the work they're doing. Some of this grow is dedicated to this organization and well, I just couldn't be happier. On to the grow:

DAY 29: The new digs are ~4'x10' room in a heated detached garage. It's all sealed up and have filtered air forced in through 4" fan. Keeping the temp at 78 during the day and 69 at night. No issues with enviro though is a bit dry at 25% rh and I think you can see it in some of the plants, esp. Cheese 1. Last watering was on Day 27 and they've been getting ~every 3-5 days. Went through today and clipped quite a few of the larger fan leaves and some smaller ones, then did a fair amount of training with pipe cleaners routed through the cloth pots. Pics are better though. As usual Cheese 1-2 followed by Satori 4-7. Then some overall grow pics. Enjoy.
Love the training. I did similar and really makes a huge difference.

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Day 31 report: Plants got a good watering. Tightened down a couple stems on Satori 5&7. All the plants are reacting really well to the LST; all stems had grown sufficiently to be able to bend and see full light on the ends. Cheese 2 is really growing well, can tell it will be the taller and less-bushy pheno, whereas Cheese 1 is definitely the squat, super bushy pheno. It too is doing well.
Watering is every 5 days now.
Plan on switching to flower in next 2 weeks, so looking at a good 40-45 day veg.

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Day 31 report: Plants got a good watering. Tightened down a couple stems on Satori 5&7. All the plants are reacting really well to the LST; all stems had grown sufficiently to be able to bend and see full light on the ends. Cheese 2 is really growing well, can tell it will be the taller and less-bushy pheno, whereas Cheese 1 is definitely the squat, super bushy pheno. It too is doing well.
Watering is every 5 days now.
Plan on switching to flower in next 2 weeks, so looking at a good 40-45 day veg.

Dont forget to plant new seeds or get new clones for next run b4 you flip.

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Dont forget to plant new seeds or get new clones for next run b4 you flip.
Funny you say that as was thinking the same re. clones. Figure we've got a good 10-days maybe 3-4 more to get one (?), so got to get the set up going. I'm really jazzed that we've got what appear to be two distinct cheese phenotypes as those are the only two of those seeds I had (freebies from Herbie's). So, really want to get a cut from ea. of those. All the satori are appearing to be real similar so far; no outstanding or unique traits in any one plant, though all are really hardy and responding well to the LST.
Down the road, I can see maybe doing a scrog setup like wasfromks. Though not planning on anymore topping right now. Could see some further prunning and maybe lollipop a bit. Thanks for stopping by!! :) :)

wasfromks

wasfromks

Shoot, I've been following your grow report and modeled some of my technique on yours with timing of the pruning and kinda how you do your LST. Diff ties but tied in same places and all. Thanks for checking mine out man!! :) :)
Bro thanks for following myne too. I have done some outdoor soils and this is way different. But I do see how this could greatly increase yield for sure. Lol I quit counting how many times I've topped but I am comfortable not topping anymore and doing another 1-2 weeks more of veg. before flipping.

wasfromks

wasfromks

Bro thanks for following myne too. I have done some outdoor soils and this is way different. But I do see how this could greatly increase yield for sure. Lol I quit counting how many times I've topped but I am comfortable not topping anymore and doing another 1-2 weeks more of veg. before flipping.
Let's see what happens after crossing every finger possible for decent quality and yield.

Top Bottom