• Thread starter AlaskaJeff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wasfromks

wasfromks

IMG 20160503 125101

wasfromks

wasfromks

I'd like to see the underside; would give me a better idea of how you've got them threaded through and the amount of growth you've got. Nice pics though and I have to imagine you'll be looking at some nice colas. :)
My netting is only 2x2 and I think is a little tight for this strain and weaving is delicate and was losing a lot of leaves. I decided to get zipties and very loosely ziptied to the screen. When they grow more place another new zip tie loosely again and snip the old one off since the plant has been slow stressed it will no longer need the old zip tie and don't want it getting in the way of nodes and more plant development. I get a bag of 100 zip ties for $1. Use some diagonal cutters and anytime I put a zip tie up I snip off the extra pulled through tie so it doesn't keep my leaves from stretching up towards the lights.

wasfromks

wasfromks

My netting is only 2x2 and I think is a little tight for this strain and weaving is delicate and was losing a lot of leaves. I decided to get zipties and very loosely ziptied to the screen. When they grow more place another new zip tie loosely again and snip the old one off since the plant has been slow stressed it will no longer need the old zip tie and don't want it getting in the way of nodes and more plant development. I get a bag of 100 zip ties for $1. Use some diagonal cutters and anytime I put a zip tie up I snip off the extra pulled through tie so it doesn't keep my leaves from stretching up towards the lights.
I will see about snapping some pics for you tomorrow but I can't right now the girls are getting their beauty rest. I'm actually getting told by one of my experts on here to flip them to flower. So I will be having a lot of new development on my journal. I will come back over here though and load some tying down and training ideas that I used. Maybe they will help you. Keep us posted with pics over here in your journal. That's the best part at looking at journals is seeing the progress.

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Day 36: Unfortunate mishap with Cheese 2; somehow we lost a couple of branches. Not sure what exactly got it, might have been me handling it earlier in the week. Strange though as the branches, which were pretty much torn completely off, were still green and only a little shriveled. Whatevs, little more veg time necessary. All the plants were watered and the enviro is looking good; maintains a steady 80 with lights on and 69/70 lights off. Today I trimmed off quite a bit from ea. plant (more than is shown in pics) and topped Cheese 1. It's by far the tallest plant and it's fem seed so figure with giving them all another week of veg, might as well top that bad girl one more time and get her to really produce.

Pics are the entire grow Satori 5&6 Satori 7 & Cheese 1 Satori 4 & Cheese 2

IMG 5599
IMG 5600
IMG 5601
IMG 5602
Minitiger

Minitiger

Dude..... You're only watering every five days? Did I read that correctly? I mean, obviously you're there, you see the plants and the dirt and stuff, so you know better than I how often they need water, but once every five days seems.... I dunno. Like not enough at all. Plants are looking good and maybe those strains just don't drink a lot, but I water every other day (and get about twenty percent runoff, too). Occasionally I'll go three days without watering, but that's out of sheer laziness rather than the plants not needing it. Whenever I go three days, I can tell my plants are thirsty.

Anyway, looking good! Love the LST, I really wanna do some kind of training next run, too. LST or maybe even mainlining, but yeah, I wanna do something like that. I'm just too lazy right now to do it haha.

Just one friendly suggestion (I mean besides the watering thing haha): mulch. Especially if you're only watering every five days.

Last edited:
AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Dude..... You're only watering every five days? Did I read that correctly? I mean, obviously you're there, you see the plants and the dirt and stuff, so you know better than I how often they need water, but once every five days seems.... I dunno. Like not enough at all. Plants are looking good and maybe those strains just don't drink a lot, but I water every other day (and get about twenty percent runoff, too). Occasionally I'll go three days without watering, but that's out of sheer laziness rather than the plants not needing it. Whenever I go three days, I can tell my plants are thirsty.

Anyway, looking good! Love the LST, I really wanna do some kind of training next run, too. LST or maybe even mainlining, but yeah, I wanna do something like that. I'm just too lazy right now to do it haha.

Just one friendly suggestion (I mean besides the watering thing haha): mulch. Especially if you're only watering every five days.
Think waterings have been occurring ~every 4 days. Method I use is stick finger in soil, if I don't feel moisture then pick up the planter and if it weighs ~the same as my proof planter that's just full of soil, then I douse'em.

Honestly on this last one, I could've waited another day or two and hopefully, didn't fuck up a plant or two by overwatering. I used the finger method and just assumed that was good and didn't pick'em all up. Did one or two and went ahead with watering. Got done watering and had watered all ~same amount, and started picking up planters. Shit, got one that weighed way too fucking much. And great it's the fucking cheese that got a branch broke off earlier. Damn. Lesson, pick up all the planters and start moving them around. I've got some microclimate working as the area nearer the heater is much dryer, duh.

Learning a lesson on my LST method. Downside to pulling the pipe cleaner through the planter is that angle is pulling out more than I would like. Would rather the pipe cleaner pull more downward on the branch. But, I bet I get similar results to another method I'm thinking of (rmoltis, believe) that I like. ON the plus side: It's real easy to adjust the pipe cleaners and the set up was too easy. I'll probably continue using the same method when all is said and done.

Oh, and as far as the watering; I think it's the soil mix I'm using. I've got a half/half ocean forest and roots 707 and there's a good amount of coco in each blend. Laters and thanks for stopping by! :) :)

wasfromks

wasfromks

Try using zipties to train with maybe. Pipe cleaners just sounds like just trying to use something short term. I used zipties for my screen training and just loosly hook them up the branches can continue to grow with limited stress.

IMG 20160508 122341
AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Try using zipties to train with maybe. Pipe cleaners just sounds like just trying to use something short term. I used zipties for my screen training and just loosly hook them up the branches can continue to grow with limited stress.
Actually, the pipe cleaners work great. The ones I'm using are fairly thick and the wire in it is nice and pliable. They hold on to the branch without cutting into them and once bent into shape, hold that shape well. They also secure easily in the side of the cloth planters. The downside I'm finding isn't the pipe cleaners it's the angle at which I am pulling on the plant. I feel I'd rather pull down more on the branch than out and down, which is the pulling action I achieve by coming straight from the side of the planter. There is someone doing a grow right now that is or was using pipe cleaners to train with, but had this genius little setup with the pipe cleaner routed a certain way to pull downward. I'll go look and post it.

Nice grow, btw :) :)

AlaskaJeff

AlaskaJeff

Day 45: Looks like Cheese 2 is a loss. Figured out that we've had a rodent of some sort getting in and would appear it made a meal of Cheese 2's roots :( Gave'em all a good watering, which is first one they've had in 5 days and they were looking a little limp. All the others look good. In the pics, 2601 is Cheese 1, the rest are satori. Think the training and topping has worked out well.

CIMG2598
CIMG2599
CIMG2600
CIMG2601
CIMG2602
CIMG2603
CIMG2604
rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Day 45: Looks like Cheese 2 is a loss. Figured out that we've had a rodent of some sort getting in and would appear it made a meal of Cheese 2's roots :( Gave'em all a good watering, which is first one they've had in 5 days and they were looking a little limp. All the others look good. In the pics, 2601 is Cheese 1, the rest are satori. Think the training and topping has worked out well.

How are things going, any updates?

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Have used pipe cleaners in the past, they work real good for training purposes. Now I`m using the rubber coated plant wire, which is reusable. Grow was looking good, any update available ?

Top Bottom