Schwer's First Grow Evah! Planning, Prep and Grow

• Thread starter Schwer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lilolme

Lilolme

Gasoline and match at the ready...
Haha my best educational experiences came from fixin stuff that went awry, tip numero uno, find it fast fix it faster. Clones are really just free guinea pigs do stuff to em and see what happens then try to fix it and guage the results. Indications of problems can be very subtle at first thats when you wanna catch em and take appropriate action before you need the matches and accelerant, which by the way is about the only thing I haven’t done to a plant to see if I can save it

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Here's a pic I just took of the tip-burn that shows more leaves. The issue is almost exclusively on leaves near the top of the canopy and there's no indication of tips curving one way or the other. Some of the lower leaves do have very light green tips though.

Tent138

Lilolme

Lilolme

Here's a pic I just took of the tip-burn that shows more leaves. The issue is almost exclusively on leaves near the top of the canopy and there's no indication of tips curving one way or the other. Some of the lower leaves do have very light green tips though.

View attachment 1162444
Mine have a tiny little bit on the tips too just a very few upper ones, I actually had to find a good example due to all the de- leafin. This is the green crack which I already know is kinda prone to nitrogen issues I musta done something better this time like goin lighter on the nutes. This damage could have occurred during my bloom nute od incident that was headed off immediately with a good flushing, I noticed the day after the feeding that somethin wasn’t quite right, a quick think back to what did I do last led to the improper feeding which lead to the flush which lead to me standin here with a big ol grin tellin you all about it in hopes you can enjoy smooth sailin upon the seas of cheese
E2519D57 E89F 4D15 8A82 84A41614A977

clinch

clinch

Muahahaha I’ve got light burn fade and scorch for days and days!!! Best part is these plants are super resilient I am surprised everyday that this penis bud producing plant didn’t die a long time ago. 😬🤓😜👽👽View attachment 1162551
What’s your lights on and lights off temps looking like? Looks like a bit of condensation building up in your tent?

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Muahahaha I’ve got light burn fade and scorch for days and days!!! Best part is these plants are super resilient I am surprised everyday that this penis bud producing plant didn’t die a long time ago. 😬🤓😜👽👽
lol, you bring up good points, this is a weed after all. I do prefer them looking nice and pretty though if I can manage it. I think the one good thing about the organic grow is that its really hard to screw it up all at once.

What’s your lights on and lights off temps looking like? Looks like a bit of condensation building up in your tent?

That's his CO2 bag over there... not that I look at lots of pics of his tent or anything. 🤓

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Nah that my exhale CO2 bag 🤪 it’s a scorcher in my tent running that sf4000 in a 2.3x2.3 tent. Lmao…

clinch

clinch

Nah that my exhale CO2 bag 🤪 it’s a scorcher in my tent running that sf4000 in a 2.3x2.3 tent. Lmao…
ahh okay. yeah i bet! i've actually been looking into switching to LED. wanted to try a full spectrum grow without needing to change bulbs and shit.. maybe keep temps down during summer grows. was looking at a 2x4x5 with maybe a mars hydro sp3000.. looking at roughly 700 bucks when also including ac infinity tent + exhaust system. pretty tempting 😅

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

ahh okay. yeah i bet! i've actually been looking into switching to LED. wanted to try a full spectrum grow without needing to change bulbs and shit.. maybe keep temps down during summer grows. was looking at a 2x4x5 with maybe a mars hydro sp3000.. looking at roughly 700 bucks when also including ac infinity tent + exhaust system. pretty tempting 😅
Yeah I think my next tent is going to be either a 4x4 or a 4x3 ac tent with all the trimmings.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Day 69 - 3.5 weeks since flip

Tent144

I was on the ball this morning. I woke up early, made 6 gal of RO and hit the tent at lights-on. As it turns out the girls didn't need the water right then so it turned into a late-morning water anyway. It was a good watering though... felt right on time.

Per ILGM.com (where I got these fem seeds) the BBK flowers in 8 weeks and the GDP in 9 weeks.
Per my Stoneington's feed guide I should do my last top dress of EWC at the mid-way point of flower, and my last top dress of Fish Bone Meal at the beginning of week 5.

Seeing as how the two top dressings nearly line up I'm planning to do both at the same time near the beginning of week 5, so about a week from today or the end of this week. That will be it for feedings until the end of the harvest! 😲 Last time I did the EWC top dress I mixed it with some fresh soil, but I don't know if that would help or hurt at this point in flower so I'll just mix it with some pearlite or vermiculite instead and hope for less sludge than last time.

I haven't seen any progression on those "burnt" leaf tips but then again it has only been a couple of days. I did, however, find some more of those ugly bottom leaves. These were all in the same area as last time... lowest leaves on the plants, mostly in the dark, mostly smaller leaves, mostly on tertiary stems. We can definitely rule out me having spilled on them this time around. I'm pretty careful when watering and these leaves were too high up for me to splash. There weren't all that many but I'd still like to listen to what the plant is telling me.

I was going to retake this picture in more natural light but my wife decided to "help" by throwing away all my trimmings while I was watering. heh. I just gave her a kiss and said "thank you." 😁
Tent141

The other thing on my mind right now is harvesting and drying. When I started this venture I had it in my mind that I could just harvest the whole tent at once and then switch to drying in the same tent. I suppose it could still work out that way but it seems unlikely. I don't have any other good spots in the house for the dry so I'm considering picking up an inexpensive smaller tent to squeeze into the same room. Just thinking out loud here. Anyway, here are some pics!

Grand Daddy Purple
Tent142

Blackberry Kush - these guys finally started showing some trics.

Tent143

One last thing... tent is smelling guuuuuuud 🥴🌈

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Wow those look awesome! Your going to have a great harvest with those beauties.

As for the drying situation I ended up in the camp of having to do one way before the other. So I bought a cheap 2x2x3 Vivosun for like 40-50 bucks. I took a piece of leftover ducting and just spliced it into my larger tent. Worked like a charm. I now also have a small veg tent if needed. Win win in my book. The only draw back is the low humidity in the lung room while flowering another plant. I dried for 4-5 days and then into paper bags they went to slow down the dry as much as I could.

EF3D8456 972C 4641 A950 B18069CED6A8

Don’t forget to get your self a good hanging rack or two and I would recommend a net rack as well. I didn’t order one at first but I am before my next harvest. Also make sure you have some alcohol or as I used some hand sanitizer to soak and clean my shears. Also having 2-3 pairs of shears helps a lot!

As for curing my grove bags are working almost too well. You will be glad you splurged on those! I put a hygrometer into my 1/4lb bag and it is spot on 59-60% no matter what room or where I put the bag.

And on a different topic found some of these for half off the other day, good way to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon.
6F759FA5 1974 4034 8B26 50343013384B

Lilolme

Lilolme

Y
Day 69 - 3.5 weeks since flip

View attachment 1162870

I was on the ball this morning. I woke up early, made 6 gal of RO and hit the tent at lights-on. As it turns out the girls didn't need the water right then so it turned into a late-morning water anyway. It was a good watering though... felt right on time.

Per ILGM.com (where I got these fem seeds) the BBK flowers in 8 weeks and the GDP in 9 weeks.
Per my Stoneington's feed guide I should do my last top dress of EWC at the mid-way point of flower, and my last top dress of Fish Bone Meal at the beginning of week 5.

Seeing as how the two top dressings nearly line up I'm planning to do both at the same time near the beginning of week 5, so about a week from today or the end of this week. That will be it for feedings until the end of the harvest! 😲 Last time I did the EWC top dress I mixed it with some fresh soil, but I don't know if that would help or hurt at this point in flower so I'll just mix it with some pearlite or vermiculite instead and hope for less sludge than last time.

I haven't seen any progression on those "burnt" leaf tips but then again it has only been a couple of days. I did, however, find some more of those ugly bottom leaves. These were all in the same area as last time... lowest leaves on the plants, mostly in the dark, mostly smaller leaves, mostly on tertiary stems. We can definitely rule out me having spilled on them this time around. I'm pretty careful when watering and these leaves were too high up for me to splash. There weren't all that many but I'd still like to listen to what the plant is telling me.

I was going to retake this picture in more natural light but my wife decided to "help" by throwing away all my trimmings while I was watering. heh. I just gave her a kiss and said "thank you." 😁
View attachment 1162867

The other thing on my mind right now is harvesting and drying. When I started this venture I had it in my mind that I could just harvest the whole tent at once and then switch to drying in the same tent. I suppose it could still work out that way but it seems unlikely. I don't have any other good spots in the house for the dry so I'm considering picking up an inexpensive smaller tent to squeeze into the same room. Just thinking out loud here. Anyway, here are some pics!

Grand Daddy Purple
View attachment 1162868

Blackberry Kush - these guys finally started showing some trics.

View attachment 1162869

One last thing... tent is smelling guuuuuuud 🥴🌈
You can almost guarantee adding a couple of weeks to the seed providers estimate of ripening time that is a sales thing and is an absolutely best case scenario happening. They dont have a calender they are done when they are done. Again those numbers are just “estimates” dont be surprised or just go choppin based on that alone. I broke out my optics and had a look yesterday, dog hair and tshirt lint was all that was ready to pick

Lilolme

Lilolme

Wow those look awesome! Your going to have a great harvest with those beauties.

As for the drying situation I ended up in the camp of having to do one way before the other. So I bought a cheap 2x2x3 Vivosun for like 40-50 bucks. I took a piece of leftover ducting and just spliced it into my larger tent. Worked like a charm. I now also have a small veg tent if needed. Win win in my book. The only draw back is the low humidity in the lung room while flowering another plant. I dried for 4-5 days and then into paper bags they went to slow down the dry as much as I could.

View attachment 1162883

Don’t forget to get your self a good hanging rack or two and I would recommend a net rack as well. I didn’t order one at first but I am before my next harvest. Also make sure you have some alcohol or as I used some hand sanitizer to soak and clean my shears. Also having 2-3 pairs of shears helps a lot!

As for curing my grove bags are working almost too well. You will be glad you splurged on those! I put a hygrometer into my 1/4lb bag and it is spot on 59-60% no matter what room or where I put the bag.

And on a different topic found some of these for half off the other day, good way to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon. View attachment 1162881
Your gonna think I’m nuts and that is a fairly accurate assessment, get a small package of regular Hormel pepperoni, microwave 3 or 4 slices in a bowl for 30 seconds and use the oil to clean the goo off of everything. It melts it right away then use dawn to finish up

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Your gonna think I’m nuts and that is a fairly accurate assessment, get a small package of regular Hormel pepperoni, microwave 3 or 4 slices in a bowl for 30 seconds and use the oil to clean the goo off of everything. It melts it right away then use dawn to finish up
Sounds like another win win cleans and provides some munchie fodder. 👨‍🍳

Lilolme

Lilolme

Sounds like another win win cleans and provides some munchie fodder. 👨‍🍳
Discovered quite by accident, taking a much needed trimming break, grabbed a slice of pizza, bout halfway through it I licked my fingers and got an awful taste in my mouth, the resin was dissolving I narrowed it down to the pepperoni oil
908F05C2 F007 44E2 9852 F9F23DAFAE93

Latest posts

Top Bottom