Schwer's First Grow Evah! Planning, Prep and Grow

• Thread starter Schwer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Day 120 - The end is nigh... err, now actually, the end is now

Its been a busy day with tent and non-tent related activities, and there is much to catch up on with everyone at the farm. Hell, even @GalaxysEdge made an honest to goodness post that I need to read up on, and @FourPlants posted more tunes that deserve a listen by everyone; really good stuff if you dig music and good artistry for artistry's sake. There will now be time for all of that evening and tomorrow morning. Yay!

I wanted to make sure to continue the weekly Wednesday grow update to say that I cut the lights in the main tent today around noon. Just to piss off @Goblinkiller I'll go ahead and give them 48 hours in the dark. 😆

I did a too-quick dry on those little buds I accidently chopped off while trimming leaves on BBK2 and GDP2 and they were relaxing and chill as fuck... or maybe that was just in comparison to the Sour Diesel and Mandarin Cookies I've been smoking. Either way its pretty damn close to what I was looking for out of this grow so putting the rest of these girls in the dark for a Friday harvest was an easy decision for once. Also, the four remaining plants are pretty different in-and-of themselves. My GDP1 looks done AF but my GDP runt, Peggy, has a whole different set of characteristics going on. The two remaining BBK's are also very different. Enjoyable experiments ahead!

I spent about an hour today trimming off most of the large fan leaves, pully or cutting crispy leaves, and improving airflow in dense areas in preparation for the "dark phase." I'm committed to the slow dry so I've been keeping the room at 60% RH and between 60 and 64 degrees F. Given the way I have the air flow set up that typically puts the "grow tent" at 55-58% RH in the dark and the "dry tent" at 60-62% RH. I still have a lot of fan airflow in the grow-tent and it has only improved with all the trimming I did today, so hopefully that and the low temps will be enough to avoid any bud rot. If not, lesson learned.

Come Friday when I do the final chops I'll spend some time in the room ensuring that both tents are maintained at 60%.
Pics or it didn't happen! :)

Lilolme

Lilolme

Entering the tent with a slightly different attitude are we?
DE37B0C1 339E 41FD B283 F738726FCE00

Lilolme

Lilolme

This talk of fall colors reminds of waitin for somethin else to get just right

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
This talk of fall colors reminds of waitin for somethin else to get just right

Hey now, my fall colors were turning to winter colors before I put them in the dark, 😅

Speaking of getting it right, I am in and out of that room (not the tents) five times per day just to make sure temps and humidity are where I expect them to be. So far so good, but today I actually have to chop and hang @FourPlants (heh), so I expect more humidity and temp finagling will be in my near future.

The drying plants looks great despite the shrinkage which pisses me right off. The grassy smell is pretty much gone in the dry tent and its smelling like a mix of berries again. Today marks 7 days drying so far and they're not there yet.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Hey now, my fall colors were turning to winter colors before I put them in the dark, 😅

Speaking of getting it right, I am in and out of that room (not the tents) five times per day just to make sure temps and humidity are where I expect them to be. So far so good, but today I actually have to chop and hang @FourPlants (heh), so I expect more humidity and temp finagling will be in my near future.

The drying plants looks great despite the shrinkage which pisses me right off. The grassy smell is pretty much gone in the dry tent and its smelling like a mix of berries again. Today marks 7 days drying so far and they're not there yet.
In and out 5 times a day but can't snap a picture.

8a49376431a683db3013208762f51b54

Lilolme

Lilolme

Kinda wish you were tryin a few mason jars for your curing, I like the control of a hands on, use your senses process. Kinda like usin the old style of checkin ph with the sample, solution drops and visual chart or feelin the heat of the lights with your hand. The daily checks and observation of the magical process that happens in the jars during the weeks after harvest are a pleasure, the noticeable changes, the SMELL, the potentcy, the magic

Lilolme

Lilolme

Just remember all you want to “dry” is the outer part. The dense inner part needs more time, both to loose moisture and further mature and ripen. Easier is not always better

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
In and out 5 times a day but can't snap a picture.

All my plants died weeks ago man. I'm just playing out the fantasy at this point for the sake of the thread. (I'll be taking a bunch of pics later today when I get to da chopper)

Kinda wish you were tryin a few mason jars for your curing, I like the control of a hands on, use your senses process. Kinda like usin the old style of checkin ph with the sample, solution drops and visual chart or feelin the heat of the lights with your hand. The daily checks and observation of the magical process that happens in the jars during the weeks after harvest are a pleasure, the noticeable changes, the SMELL, the potentcy, the magic

I've thought about doing just that and have some jars at the ready should I decide to try that route. Besides, your description romanticizes the process in a way that makes it hard to decline? heh
I also need to get some large paper bags to do a sweat for everything going in Grove Bags.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Just remember all you want to “dry” is the outer part. The dense inner part needs more time, both to loose moisture and further mature and ripen. Easier is not always better

Easier? Damn I thought I was already taking the hard road with the long slow dry and careful humidity control.

Lilolme

Lilolme

Need to avoid the pool on cool days

Lilolme

Lilolme

All my plants died weeks ago man. I'm just playing out the fantasy at this point for the sake of the thread. (I'll be taking a bunch of pics later today when I get to da chopper)

I've thought about doing just that and have some jars at the ready should I decide to try that route. Besides, your description romanticizes the process in a way that makes it hard to decline? heh
I also need to get some large paper bags to do a sweat for everything going in Grove Bags.
Lunch size brown paper bags is what I used I already had a bunch of em. This sweatin and burpin and breathin is a very short process, about a month of daily attention which is our favorite activity anyway, then routine checks like agin a wheel of cheese

Latest posts

Top Bottom