Schwer's First Grow Evah! Planning, Prep and Grow

• Thread starter Schwer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I woke up to branches in the dry-tent being just snappy enough for me to try trimming and sweating. Depending on how these turn out maybe I'll have a better idea of how to handle the four plants I still have drying.

I can confirm that trimming kinda sucks, but things went a lot smoother once I remembered who this grow is for and stopped trying to make boutique buds. I ended up with a nice bag of trim and popcorn buds that I guess I'll put in the freezer for the time being. Eventually I'll use it to infuse some coconut oil for edibles, or maybe try butter for once... or both!

Tent280

I used one of those basic Trim Bins and it seemed to work just fine, though it did leave me wishing it was twice the size.

Tent281

I trimmed the buds while they were on the stems and then cut the stems down to sizes that would fit in the paper bags. I should have taken a picture of inside the bags, but I filled them to about 3/4 full and sleeved another bag over the top. I put them back in the dark dry-tent that's still around 64 degrees F and 60% humidity. I'll open them up for a little bit tonight before re-sleeving and flipping for another 10-12 hours. My understanding is that they're ready for the jars/Grove Bags as soon as it seems like bags are no longer drawing out that inner moisture.

Tent282

... plenty of work still ahead!
Tent283

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I have no idea, but if I had to guess I'd say approximately way the hell more weed than I've ever seen in one room. 😁

I wasn't actually planning on weighing, but it would be fun to have a number so maybe when the sweating's done I'll cut them off the stems into a bowl to get a weight before bagging/jarring.

Since you're asking me to guess though I'm going to say 10 pounds 🤡 ... and if its even an ounce less I'm going to be very disappointed in my grow and probably blame you.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

I did not weigh my first runs either. But having bags from groveda bags made it easier to assume thereabouts.

Never got on that weight train..

Mothman

Mothman

Since you're asking me to guess though I'm going to say 10 pounds 🤡 ... and if its even an ounce less I'm going to be very disappointed in my grow and probably blame you.
What’s so nuts about the new cannabis law in VA is that you can legally *grow* 4 plants per household. You can legally *possess* up to an ounce. But if you harvest 4 legal plants you are almost certainly in instantaneous violation of the 1 oz possession law.
🙄

FourPlants

FourPlants

What’s so nuts about the new cannabis law in VA is that you can legally *grow* 4 plants per household. You can legally *possess* up to an ounce. But if you harvest 4 legal plants you are almost certainly in instantaneous violation of the 1 oz possession law.
🙄

Poorly written, I feel most find the expectation for possession to be in public areas and not ones home. It will be hashed out in court and through revisions. A guy that got popped with 80 some plants recently only got 10 days.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Quick update on the grow, err, the dry...

Humidity is a real bitch, or has been the last couple of days. Night before last we had that massive storm roll through and I had to spend over an hour in the lung room adjusting all the environmental controls to maintain humidity at 60% and temps in the low 60's F so I could go to bed, lol. It was a fight, I mean there was condensation on the hygrometer nearest to the AC and it was reading 90% 😨

Yesterday we also had a humidity drop and I forgot to set the humidifier appropriately after the previous night's shenanigans. I check the room so often that I caught it before humidity dropped below 47%... still, I'd rather it didn't get that low even for a very short time. Oh well, I've checked the forecast and only have to worry like a new father for another week.

In less stressful news, my GDP2 and BBK2's were put into their Grove Bags for a cure yesterday. When I saw the buds in the bowls cut from the branches I decided I wasn't happy with my trim job. I missed a lot of the sugar leaves at the very base of the buds where they hidden next to the main branches, so I did bit more trimming from the state you see them below while bagging them.

Anyone have some milk and a spoon?
Tent284

Last edited:
Lilolme

Lilolme

Quick update on the grow, err, the dry...

Humidity is a real bitch, or has been the last couple of days. Night before last we had that massive storm roll through and I had to spend over an hour in the lung room adjusting all the environmental controls to maintain humidity at 60% and temps in the low 60's F so I could go to bed, lol. It was a fight, I mean there was condensation on the hygrometer nearest to the AC and it was reading 90% 😨

Yesterday we also had a humidity drop and I forgot to set the humidifier appropriately after the previous night's shenanigans. I check the room so often that I caught it before humidity dropped below 47%... still, I'd rather it didn't get that low even for a very short time. Oh well, I've checked the forecast and only have to worry like a new father for another week.

In less stressful news, my GDP2 and BBK2's were put into their Grove Bags for a cure yesterday. When I saw the buds in the bowls cut from the branches I decided I wasn't happy with my trim job. I missed a lot of the sugar leaves at the very base of the buds where they hidden next to the main branches, so I did bit more trimming from the state you see them below while bagging them.

Anyone have some milk and a spoon?
View attachment 1182541
They will change a lot in the next few weeks as they age its awesome

Lilolme

Lilolme

That's pretty awesome.

I've been pulling from a little half ounce grove bag with some of my BBK2. Pretty great so far!
Thats why I always go for the little popcorn buds first so I’ll keep my hands off of the perty ones so they have at least a month curing after the initial dryin is over

Top Bottom