Schwer

Supporter
It does look like it shows 680W on the second picture though

💩 👍

Tent062

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
ok i don’t think your light is the problem, looks to me like it may need magnesium?
better wait to see if we get a few replies confirming this..
also tap water is fine to use, is something wrong with yours?

I honestly have no idea. When I started researching watering practices for organic grows I would frequently run across growers expressing concerns about high levels of chlorine and its impact on the microbial environment. Letting the tap water gas-off seemed reasonable but then I read some concerns that chloramine (which is in my water) makes the chlorine more stable and less likely to gas off. I figured making RO water would let me take all of the guess work out of it but I guess not, lol.

Here's the latest report if anyone is up for some light reading... heh
Tent063

Tent064

Now you need to recheck with your PAR meter and see if that made an actual difference to wattage (par should be lower if it did) or if that is just how the programming shows on the user interface of the master controller.

Sorry, I should have included that info as it was the first thing I checked, lol. There was no change, so apparently it was just a matter of how the wattage was being calculated for display.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Coincidently, the plants are nearly ready for a big water today so all of this info is right on time. The help is very much appreciated 👍

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I figured making RO water would let me take all of the guess work out of it but I guess not, lol.
It's not a big deal to add cal/mag but you do need to be aware of the mineral deficiencies and take them into account. Chlorine is def something you don't want in your water.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I honestly have no idea. When I started researching watering practices for organic grows I would frequently run across growers expressing concerns about high levels of chlorine and its impact on the microbial environment. Letting the tap water gas-off seemed reasonable but then I read some concerns that chloramine (which is in my water) makes the chlorine more stable and less likely to gas off. I figured making RO water would let me take all of the guess work out of it but I guess not, lol.

Here's the latest report if anyone is up for some light reading... heh

Sorry, I should have included that info as it was the first thing I checked, lol. There was no change, so apparently it was just a matter of how the wattage was being calculated for display.

I don't know enough about organic soils to really comment on your water quality, I will leave that for someone else.

I am glad to hear it had no real function and was just silly user interface programming which is what I suspected.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Looks like a candidate. t's mobile so new leaves will rob it from older leaves
Great concise vid there. Good stuff, ty. And yes, a mag-deficiency certainly looks like the most likely candidate based on all the pics I keep seeing. Now I just need to decide what to do about it, heh

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
It's not a big deal to add cal/mag but you do need to be aware of the mineral deficiencies and take them into account. Chlorine is def something you don't want in your water.
What are you using for the cal/mag solution in your grow? I saw you were initially making your own but I didn't see if that's still the case. My leaves do look suspiciously similar to yours in Early June. I'd love to add something for today's watering if I can find it locally.

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

Now I just need to decide what to do about it, heh
I make my own cal/mag out of eggshells, vinegar and epsom salts. Eggshells give you the calcium, the vinegar creates a chemical reaction that strips the calcium off the eggshells, and the epsom salts give you the magnesium. This eggshells and vinegar makes your calcium concentrate, which I mix 1 tbsp per gal of water and then add 1 tsp of epsom salts.

You can buy cal/mag but I'm a tight wad so that's my story and I'm stickin to it 🤣

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I'd love to add something for today's watering if I can find it locally.
It takes a few days (I went a week) for the vinegar to neutralize and strip off the calcium. You could at least give some epsom salts next time you feed/water or buy some cal/mag if you can get it local.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I do have some Epsom Salts (U.S.P. grade) that I can add to my water today unless anyone sees a problem with that potential solution. I suppose I would start with 1 Tbs per gallon, so ~5 Tbs between 5 plants today?

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Or maybe they don't need water right now?

Damn that moisture meter because I was pretty convinced otherwise. The pots feel lighter than when I filled them (serious margin for error on my judgement though), the soil is pulling in from the sides of the fabric pots and feels dry everywhere within reach, no leaves reaching for the sky, etc. Last watering was Wednesday afternoon and everyone in the 3 gal pots received ~3 liters.

Honestly though, I think trying to diagnose this leaf situation is just going to lead me to start second guessing everything going on with my grow. Maybe what its REALLY time for is to smoke a bowl, play a game or something, and relax. 🌈

Tent065

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Honestly though, I think trying to diagnose this leaf situation is just going to lead me to start second guessing everything going on with my grow. Maybe what its REALLY time for is to smoke a bowl, play a game or something, and relax. 🌈
😎 This. Good on you for calling it.

Those plants look great. Don't worry about waiting too long to water them. If you have uncertainty just let them go and keep checking them every few hours. You will be able to see the leaves and small stems wilt visibly once the plant is thirsty. It will bounce back immediately once you water it, and this helps you get a good feel for the cycle. Obviously the goal is to water them just before they wilt, but I lean toward waiting for the "sag" if I'm not sure. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom