• Thread starter Schwer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'm sorry, GNick55, but I don't speak your crazy moon language. 😉

Does the spectrum change along with light intensity? Otherwise I just have the one light. Sorry I'm a little dim when it comes to the light science.
ya i should said i use metal halide and high pressure sodium so two different light spectrums, if your using LED’s than i don’t know..
no light spectrum does not change with intensity.
like this grow i’m going to use the high pressure sodium (red) at the start of 12/12, sometimes i wait a week after.. no biggie it all works, for the most part it’s the strain, sativa-indica some stretch more than others.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Day 40:

I started the day with what felt like much needed defoliation and a little tender-loving LST to get some more light to the lower branches. I find I have to check my plants daily to remove any tiny Black Holes or Neutron Stars that might be forming under the the intense pressures of the inner foliage. The density of these little bastards is making me look forward to a nice leggy Sativa for my next grow.

While I had them out I decided to top dress them with a half/half mix of EWC and soil. I gave them each about a cup and a half of that mixture in preparation for flipping to flower which I'm sure I'll be doing any day now. I also have some Fish Bone Meal on hand but I'll wait until they're officially in flower before adding that to the mix.

I snapped these pics right after the LST and defoliation because its probably going to give the best view into what's going on beneath the leaves. That's also why everyone looks a little wonky. I'll post another pic after they perk back up.

Tent075

Tent076

While I had them out I was surprised to find the pots feeling pretty light. I'm glad I caught that because I didn't have any RO ready. Making 5 gal of that atm and will probably give them a water later in the day.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Day 41:

Yesterday's watering sucked! That mixture of EWC and soil I used to top dress turned into a soupy sludge with horrible drainage. 👎

Everyone recovered from the LST yesterday so I did just a wee bit more this morning. Otherwise all seems well.

Tent077

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Day 42 (6weeks in Veg): Flip day?

Okay, I saw this extra week though to the end and was able to fill some of those empty spots in the canopy. I will probably set the lights to 12/12 tonight unless I find any good reason not to. Speaking of which...

Tent078

Fungus! I wasn't happy to see this on top of a lot of my soil morning but I didn't freak out about it either. I call that progress. 🌈 If this does look like anything bad let me know. I didn't see anything that looked troubling on or under and leaves or stems.

My guess (and hope) is that this is some of the beneficial bastards in my soil or from the Recharge enjoying the mostly EWC top dress from two days ago. I'll probably just break up some that EWC sludge and the fungus along with it and scratch that into the soil a little more. I also adjusted one of my fans so that I now have two oscillating just below canopy level, with four fans in the tent total.

Tent079

Here's the whole crew as of this morning. Solo cups for size reference, lol. I did do a couple more tie downs to address some branches that were popping up 3 or 4 inches above the canopy average. They're all looking pretty even right now.

Tent080

So what say you Farmers? Should I just set fire to the tent to avoid infecting others with my space fungus? Should I flip tonight or wait another full 6 weeks and start charging them rent?

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Fungus! I wasn't happy to see this on top of a lot of my soil morning but I didn't freak out about it either.
I had some light fuzz on top of my coco right after flower started. I stirred up the top layer added some extra peroxide to my water and but better air circulation on it and it went away for me. So it sounds like your solution is about the same. I hope it works! And yes flip those girls already!!!

Smithers

Smithers

Day 42 (6weeks in Veg): Flip day?

Okay, I saw this extra week though to the end and was able to fill some of those empty spots in the canopy. I will probably set the lights to 12/12 tonight unless I find any good reason not to. Speaking of which...

View attachment 1153177

Fungus! I wasn't happy to see this on top of a lot of my soil morning but I didn't freak out about it either. I call that progress. 🌈 If this does look like anything bad let me know. I didn't see anything that looked troubling on or under and leaves or stems.

My guess (and hope) is that this is some of the beneficial bastards in my soil or from the Recharge enjoying the mostly EWC top dress from two days ago. I'll probably just break up some that EWC sludge and the fungus along with it and scratch that into the soil a little more. I also adjusted one of my fans so that I now have two oscillating just below canopy level, with four fans in the tent total.

View attachment 1153178

Here's the whole crew as of this morning. Solo cups for size reference, lol. I did do a couple more tie downs to address some branches that were popping up 3 or 4 inches above the canopy average. They're all looking pretty even right now.

View attachment 1153179

So what say you Farmers? Should I just set fire to the tent to avoid infecting others with my space fungus? Should I flip tonight or wait another full 6 weeks and start charging them rent?
I’d say replace the cardboard boxes with something plastic or metal…
Otherwise looks fantastic!

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
And yes flip those girls already!!!

Are you sure? I mean you've only been saying it for two weeks. I was thinking of waiting another week just to be sure you're sure.

I’d say replace the cardboard boxes with something plastic or metal…
Otherwise looks fantastic!

That is a good point, thanks. I had planned on replaces the boxes the first day I put them in and just never did. I think I have some plastic containers in my garage that will be about the right shape and height. 👍

AmokNewb

AmokNewb

Are you sure? I mean you've only been saying it for two weeks. I was thinking of waiting another week just to be sure you're sure.
Well to be honest it would be sort of fun to see how full your tent can really get after stretch! 🤓 (chanting) Two more weeks! Two more weeks!

Smithers

Smithers

I’m too new to have solid recommendations on what to do. My training is also a different style. It’s all for learning and getting better, so I don’t think you can do wrong given you got healthy plants. 👍🌞🪴

Depends on how big of a jungle you want in there to take care of first run. Is a thick canopy harder to take care of than a more sparse one? Idk but I assume so

Smithers

Smithers

I’m too new to have solid recommendations on what to do. My training is also a different style. It’s all for learning and getting better, so I don’t think you can do wrong given you got healthy plants. 👍🌞🪴

Depends on how big of a jungle you want in there to take care of first run. Is a thick canopy harder to take care of than a more sparse one? Idk but I assume so
Not calling yours sparse at all, pretty full space. 2 weeks would be an impressive jungle

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Nice, the deed is done. Now I'll have to try not to barge into the tent in the late at night to check on them out of habit.

Tent081

I think the humidity sensor on my GC master controller is reading high. Its been reading about 8-10% higher than any other humidity sensor in the tent, to include the one I stuck directly to the GC humidity sensor, lol. Fortunately the kit included a second sensor for a second zone so I'll install that tomorrow and compare the two reading in the same spot.

GalaxysEdge

GalaxysEdge

Nice, the deed is done. Now I'll have to try not to barge into the tent in the late at night to check on them out of habit.

View attachment 1153310

I think the humidity sensor on my GC master controller is reading high. Its been reading about 8-10% higher than any other humidity sensor in the tent, to include the one I stuck directly to the GC humidity sensor, lol. Fortunately the kit included a second sensor for a second zone so I'll install that tomorrow and compare the two reading in the same spot.
So how did you decide when it was time to flower? Is this a decision purely based on size or do the plants display some sort of characteristics that signal its a good time to flower?

And I know this is your first grow but its a question I wasn't clear on since I am a newbie myself. So what better way than to learn from another newbies mistakes :)

Aside from that, your grow is looking really great man!

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

So how did you decide when it was time to flower? Is this a decision purely based on size or do the plants display some sort of characteristics that signal its a good time to flower?
The general idea is to fill your space for maximum crop potential while still leaving room for the early flower stretch. I am running 4 plants in 5 gal pots in a 3 x 3 tent. For my grow, I went 8 weeks from sprout before I flipped. I probably could have went a week longer but I'm happy with how it's all turning out and the tent is definitely filled.
Two more weeks! Two more weeks!
You grow is going great and it's for you to decide, but if it were me, I would go at least another week, possibly two depending on how they do before I flipped.

Lilolme

Lilolme

The general idea is to fill your space for maximum crop potential while still leaving room for the early flower stretch. I am running 4 plants in 5 gal pots in a 3 x 3 tent. For my grow, I went 8 weeks from sprout before I flipped. I probably could have went a week longer but I'm happy with how it's all turning out and the tent is definitely filled.

You grow is going great and it's for you to decide, but if it were me, I would go at least another week, possibly two depending on how they do before I flipped.
You mentioned 8 weeks from sprout, I’m not sure of the actual factual way of lookin at it but I don’t consider the sprout/seedling stage as part of the vegging time. When I up pot from the seedling cups and get em under the main lights I officially start vegging. After the pistels emerge you can flip, even just a couple of weeks veg. Depends on the space. Till you see just how much bigger they get in flower it doesn’t register, they will easily double in size then its jungle time

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter

And I know this is your first grow but its a question I wasn't clear on since I am a newbie myself. So what better way than to learn from another newbies mistakes :)

Aside from that, your grow is looking really great man!

Thanks... wait, what mistakes?!

I think your general question has already been answered. I think its pretty cool seeing how growers use similar spaces in vastly different ways. I'm picturing a giant single plant vs a sea-of-green setup in the same space, heh.

In my case I wanted to fill most of the canopy for a good yield but also wanted to keep pulling my plants out of the tent to inspect them or work on them individually. If it were a different grow I may feel differently, but everyone of these plants has been dense and I trained them very low so being able to pull each plant out has been a real boon. I didn't want them to get so large or so comingled that taking them out (if I want to) becomes an issue.

Lilolme

Lilolme

As for pullin em out and smoochin on em you can forget that in a few weeks, the less you do to em the less you’ll do to em. Nothin like those oh shit moments to make ya wanna turn back the clock about 30 seconds and not do that thing you just did, so far in, so close to the end, bam crash wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Latest posts

Top Bottom