Schwer's First Grow Evah! Planning, Prep and Grow

• Thread starter Schwer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Night temps dropped a lot last night and I woke up to a dry tent chilling at 59 degrees F, grow tent 61 F. Of course that's my fault for not looking at the weather. Night temps will be similar for the rest of the week so I'll probably just turn off the A/C at lights-out or before bed. I'm guessing the room temp will then be similar to what I woke up to this morning in the rest of the house which was about 65F.

Humidity is dropping too so I might have to turn on the humidifier again which means a whole new round of "chasing the numbers" as I adjust all the appliances in the room to maintain the environment I'm looking for.

Between having end-of-life plants and slightly higher humidity in the room I didn't end up having to water yesterday. I would like to wait until at least Wednesday to turn the lights off and give them their 48 hours in the dark, because that will have me harvesting 1 week to the day after my last harvest. But if they're looking ready (or more than ready) today I probably won't wait for the sake of waiting. Either way they're be getting a full inspection today.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I am happy with current weather for once. AC is barely on in garage and the dehumidifier can actually hit what I set it to lol

I know a heater is around the corner for me though

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Hmm, I could use a bit of advice here, gents.

I just took a look the plants in the grow tent and I'm pretty sure they're ready... more than ready perhaps. I don't think I saw any fully clear trichomes, and the trichomes that have been looking half-cloudy haven't really changed since I started looking a couple of weeks ago. What is changing is the amount of amber trichomes I'm seeing (scary amounts depending on where look) along with all of the other signs that they're ready that I've previously mentioned.

Anyway, I'd like to give them their 48 hours in the dark but they're due for a watering today and I worry about all of that excess moisture in the dark, especially since I'm keeping the humidity in the lung room a little higher than usual for the crew in the dry-tent. Not a huge deal but I do feel stumped as to the best option.

1. I could just turn the lights off now and let them be a little dry for 24-48 hours or...
2. I could give them a liter of water (pretty much a half watering at this point) and turn the lights off now or tomorrow or...
3. I could water them fully and turn the lights off on Wednesday as originally planned, or...
4. I could throw gasoline all over the tent and burn it all down! or...
5. Something else entirely

Any thoughts? My preference is to get them in the dark asap but I don't know how damp I'd want the soil for that time in the dark.

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Meh, you know what, I think I'll just suck it up and stick to the original plan so that I can still have a full week between these harvests for educational purposes... for better or worse. I think I'll just do a light watering today and put them in the dark on Wednesday for a Friday harvest unless anyone sees a reason not to go that route.

Sorry for typing out all of my indecisive thoughts, but this thread would be almost empty without them. 🤪

Mothman

Mothman

I decided against winter growin its a bigger pain tryin to keep warm and humid than spring/summer tryin to cool and dehumidify
My plan is to dip my photoperiod seeds on 11/7, then put ‘em in the tent with a warm LED and the Infinity T6 exhausting humidity into the house (which is warmed but also dried by the furnace). Subject to adjustment based on how things go. I have a humidifier sitting by the intake ready to go if needed.

FourPlants

FourPlants

I always wondered if one of those oil filled radiator type heaters would be better than a regular electric heater as far as humidity is concerned. I ran in winter and it was a constant battle especially heatin with the woodstove

That is what I actually plan on picking up. 1500 watt OIl Filled Radiator with a thermostat. Just place it near one of the intakes for my tent.

Edit: Should probably do it this week before it gets cold and the supply issues keeps them off the shelves

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
You got a good sense of humor;)

Heh, so says everyone who laughs at the same joke. You know we could just both be assholes, right? 🤡

Stick to the plan it’s only a couple days

Yes sir, far be it from me to cross "Chainsaw Charlie." 😉 I've already watered them each about a liter and a half so I'm already locked into the plan. If I feel like I can let them go longer than I'll even do that too. I come to a slightly different conclusion every time I dive into the tent and look closely at the plants anyway... pissing me off to be honest, lol.

My plan is fly by the seat of my pants and see what happens.

That's a not a plan, man. That's a lifestyle 😎

Top Bottom